So i was reading a lots of stuff here on UG the last couple of days that i found really amazingly useful and i decided to buy a good amp first before im changing my crappy guitar into some amazing one.

Thanks to all who work hard on the UG, now my question would be can someone list best brands of amps which are used for some really heavy thrash death prog power metal stuff, and opinion on Blackstar ID260 TVP? thank you guys

Budget? - MAX i would go up to 700-800 euro is its really worth 1000euro
Genres? - Thrash metal, melodic death metal, speed, power, progressive
New or Used? - im in belgium not sure where can i get used ones but prefer a new one
Home or Gig? - it would be for playing at home
Closest City? - Belgium, Kortrijk
Current Gear? - at the moment i am using Roland Cube 30 cosm
Last edited by alausvergas at Aug 13, 2015,
You should follow the directions in this thread when asking for advice on what amp to by - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31052894&postcount=2
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by alausvergas
So i was reading a lots of stuff here on UG the last couple of days that i found really amazingly useful and i decided to buy a good amp first before im changing my crappy guitar into some amazing one.

Thanks to all who work hard on the UG, now my question would be can someone list best brands of amps which are used for some really heavy thrash death prog power metal stuff, and opinion on Blackstar ID260 TVP? thank you guys

Budget? - MAX i would go up to 700-800 euro is its really worth 1000euro
Genres? - Thrash metal, melodic death metal, speed, power, progressive
New or Used? - im in belgium not sure where can i get used ones but prefer a new one
Home or Gig? - it would be for playing at home
Closest City? - Belgium, Kortrijk
Current Gear? - at the moment i am using Roland Cube 30 cosm

I played the ID 260 and I didn't like it because it had some kind of harsh highs. but it is all about taste.
I think if you are playing at home 1x12 combo will do. I would suggest Roland cube but you already have one. What do you not like about it?

Check out the Line 6 Amplifi 75 or 150. They have stereo speakers so you can jam along with your fav bands. (You can also download bands tone from the cloud that people make trying to much the sound) But you need an ios device. Or maybe android (I am not sure that the app is out for android)

Here is a link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKbcVxjUG8A
Last edited by EY8CC at Aug 13, 2015,
I'd get a 6505+ combo and a celestion or wgs v30 speaker.

It's a matter of amps, not brands really.
The blackstar id and HT ranges are not worth considering.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2

6505 for home really? 30 kg combo that can kill all neighbors.
Cool amp for home and gig. But only for home? You don't need this power at home.
Quote by EY8CC
I played the ID 260 and I didn't like it because it had some kind of harsh highs. but it is all about taste.
I think if you are playing at home 1x12 combo will do. I would suggest Roland cube but you already have one. What do you not like about it?

Check out the Line 6 Amplifi 75 or 150. They have stereo speakers so you can jam along with your fav bands. (You can also download bands tone from the cloud that people make trying to much the sound) But you need an ios device. Or maybe android (I am not sure that the app is out for android)

Here is a link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKbcVxjUG8A

so you say that rpland cube 30 cosm is perfect for playing at home any kind of metal?
Quote by EY8CC
Cool amp for home and gig. But only for home? You don't need this power at home.

can you give 5 amps that would be perfect for playing at home different styles of metal, ex.. thrash, death, power, prog and melodic metal stuff?
Quote by EY8CC
Are you not familiar with the volume control?

It's not like transistor amps or smaller tube amps sound better at low volumes than bigger tube amps - everything sounds better at higher volumes, up to a point, but if a guitar amp sounds better at higher volumes then it will sound better at low volumes too.
Quote by alausvergas
can you give 5 amps that would be perfect for playing at home different styles of metal, ex.. thrash, death, power, prog and melodic metal stuff?
6505+, peavey vypyr (tube) 60, jet city JCA50 with some overdrive, ENGL metalmaster + harley benton G212 vintage, marshall DSL401 with some overdrive.

Yet I reckon that if you have to ask somebody else what amp would be right for you you're not sure of what you want, hence you might wanna listen to suggestions coming from more experienced users rather than getting what seems good to you.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Maybe check one of these out?

...awesome for practice at home/recording & loud enough for jams/band practice as well. No messing with tube swapping/biasing etc either since it's (very tube-like) SS. They're $700 new but I got mine used/mint for about half that..

It's pretty versatile too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfr-bbkmeEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npIrziXGYZk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D19wLxuAEzs

Pardon the sloppiness All single dry tracks (no effects/pre/post production) recorded direct out (first vid) ...with a cheap handheld recorder (second vid) & straight into my loop pedal (third video)
Quote by GodOfEmptyness
Maybe check one of these out?

...awesome for practice at home/recording & loud enough for jams/band practice as well. No messing with tube swapping/biasing etc either since it's (very tube-like) SS. They're $700 new but I got mine used/mint for about half that..

It's pretty versatile too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfr-bbkmeEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npIrziXGYZk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D19wLxuAEzs

Pardon the sloppiness All single dry tracks (no effects/pre/post production) recorded direct out (first vid) ...with a cheap handheld recorder (second vid) & straight into my loop pedal (third video)

Haven't watched those videos but from looking at the thumbnails, with just the amt & the camo laney cab setup it would appear you have the capability to launch missiles on stage
lol

Are amt using their legend series preamps in those things? The clips i've heard did sound good.
Quote by steven_ferns84
Haven't watched those videos but from looking at the thumbnails, with just the amt & the camo laney cab setup it would appear you have the capability to launch missiles on stage
lol

lol, someone else said the exact same thing the other day

Quote by steven_ferns84
Are amt using their legend series preamps in those things? The clips i've heard did sound good.

From what I've read..3 of the 4 channels are based on the SS-30 Bulava, but I can't say how they compare since I've never tried that one..
Yeah, lot of HQ clips up on youtube....it's a great sounding head & extremely versatile..
Last edited by GodOfEmptyness at Aug 14, 2015,
Quote by Spambot_2
Are you not familiar with the volume control?

It's not like transistor amps or smaller tube amps sound better at low volumes than bigger tube amps - everything sounds better at higher volumes, up to a point, but if a guitar amp sounds better at higher volumes then it will sound better at low volumes too.
6505+, peavey vypyr (tube) 60, jet city JCA50 with some overdrive, ENGL metalmaster + harley benton G212 vintage, marshall DSL401 with some overdrive.

Yet I reckon that if you have to ask somebody else what amp would be right for you you're not sure of what you want, hence you might wanna listen to suggestions coming from more experienced users rather than getting what seems good to you.

Yes I do familiar with the volume control, smart aleck!

Why pay more for power that you don't need? If he would need an amp for home and gig than it is a perfect amp. Just for home no. He probably needs smth smaller, smth compact for home.
Quote by alausvergas

I didn't play much smaller amps. Look at Orange Dark Terror 15 watt. It sounds amazing (taste, you need to try before and see if you like it or not) with a cab.
I personaly use Audio Interface with some plugins at home, and I am happy about it.

There is also Line 6 amp. Spider IV. Personally I didn't like it when I played, but other people find this amp perfect for home. Try it, maybe you like it.

Check out this video. All tones were made by a plugin in PC. (but you need audio interface and studio monitors/headphones)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42FCkx_do6o
Last edited by EY8CC at Aug 14, 2015,
Quote by EY8CC
Why pay more for power that you don't need?
Because it sounds better than most other amps for what TS wants to play.

I'd say it's the best in his price range, hence why getting a worse sounding amp (still, for that stuff TS wants to play) just because it's smaller?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
Because it sounds better than most other amps for what TS wants to play.

I'd say it's the best in his price range, hence why getting a worse sounding amp (still, for that stuff TS wants to play) just because it's smaller?

I like the Orange Dark Terror I don't think that it is worse than a 6505+.

But I got you man You are focused only on the sound, I think about mobility etc too.
Quote by EY8CC
I didn't play much smaller amps. Look at Orange Dark Terror 15 watt. It sounds amazing (taste, you need to try before and see if you like it or not) with a cab.
I personaly use Audio Interface with some plugins at home, and I am happy about it.

There is also Line 6 amp. Spider IV. Personally I didn't like it when I played, but other people find this amp perfect for home. Try it, maybe you like it.

Check out this video. All tones were made by a plugin in PC. (but you need audio interface and studio monitors/headphones)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42FCkx_do6o

now my question would be what program is ti how is ti called?
Bias desktop. Before you buy it jeep in mind that you need audio interface (there is also version for iOS devices). And you might need DAW (program for recording) to run the bias desktop on pc. (But I am, not sure about it)
Similiiar programs are "amplitube 3" and "guitar rig" and you can run this two without DAW.
http://youtu.be/DO5eQvRRL94
Quote by Spambot_2

but if i buy 6505+ combo why i need speaker? if its already combo?
Quote by alausvergas
but if i buy 6505+ combo why i need speaker? if its already combo?

The speaker's shit.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Quote by Fryderyczek
The speaker's shit.

so i need to change it myself? is it not waste of money buying combo and then changing speaker? is it not better to buy head and speaker?
Quote by alausvergas
so i need to change it myself? is it not waste of money buying combo and then changing speaker? is it not better to buy head and speaker?

well the stock speaker isn't that bad but the amp does sound better with an upgrade. while it can be better to buy a seperate head and cab in this case it may not. the 6505 head has higher wattage and costs considerably more than the combo. changing the speaker isn't necessary but could be a thought down the road.

a lot of players like combos and just replace speakers if they feel the need. not a waste at all just a different approach.