Is swirlying someone actually a thing?
Like, it just seems so disgusting.

It just occurred to me that this is something you see a lot in shows and cartoons, but does it happen much in real life.
Has anyone here experienced it or know someone who has?
Do the people that do this stuff get selected to work for Guantanamo Bay later in life?

Incase nobody knows, a swirly is when someone has their head shoved into a toilet, and then has the toilet flushed on them.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by Crazyedd123
Is swirlying someone actually a thing?
Like, it just seems so disgusting.

It just occurred to me that this is something you see a lot in shows and cartoons, but does it happen much in real life.
Has anyone here experienced it or know someone who has?
Do the people that do this stuff get selected to work for Guantanamo Bay later in life?

Incase nobody knows, a swirly is when someone has their head shoved into a toilet, and then has the toilet flushed on them.

I thought it was just a term for some specific tongue action during oral.

I didn't think the toilet swirly was an actual thing, same with "wet willies" until someone did it to me once and I punched them in the face for being so disgusting. I mean the most "disgusting" thing bullies ever did in my school was take tiny younger kids and put them in the bins.

"Rushing" were one kid was "it" and the rest would chase them down and "lightly" rough them up was more common. It was supposed to be anyone who participates can be targeted but mob rule picked out the "it" kid and it was always the bully types with the loudest voices. Those bully types would get so mad when someone managed to convince the crowd to target them for once though. I think one of my greatest playground achievements was using crazy amounts of trickery and whispers to get everyone to target the one guy who never got rushed but was picking out most of the targets.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Idk but I did see some wedgies and those were pretty funny. But only because he wasn't necessarily being bullied.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by theguitarist
I thought it was just a term for some specific tongue action during oral.

I didn't think the toilet swirly was an actual thing, same with "wet willies" until someone did it to me once and I punched them in the face for being so disgusting. I mean the most "disgusting" thing bullies ever did in my school was take tiny younger kids and put them in the bins.

"Rushing" were one kid was "it" and the rest would chase them down and "lightly" rough them up was more common. It was supposed to be anyone who participates can be targeted but mob rule picked out the "it" kid and it was always the bully types with the loudest voices. Those bully types would get so mad when someone managed to convince the crowd to target them for once though. I think one of my greatest playground achievements was using crazy amounts of trickery and whispers to get everyone to target the one guy who never got rushed but was picking out most of the targets.

We had the bin thing in school as well as 'banking'. School was on a hill so there was a path out of school up a bank, and people got chucked down it on the regular.
i refuse to believe that's an actual thing ew

don't think we had any bullies at the schools i went to but we had clique wars on the regular and it blew up around 5th grade shit was intense my crew ran the basketball nets and the part of the field with the big ass tree where all the hunnies used to hang out so everybody was always tryna start shit with us especially the older kids lol it got so whack we ended up forming an alliance with all the other crews in my grade (hate to say it but we were p much entirely divided by race #scarbz) to fight off the 6th graders and held down that turf until those older kids fucked off to their new schools & we had peace

Oh, it's a thing. People just don't get that wet, because head's don;t fit into the 'splashdown' pool. And surprisingly little water actually splashes when you flush.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
OP sounds like one of those kids that were in frequent danger of getting a swirlie...

Which is/was very much a thing.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I've never seen a swirlie occur. It's always been used as a threat.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by JackalUK
We had the bin thing in school as well as 'banking'. School was on a hill so there was a path out of school up a bank, and people got chucked down it on the regular.

same actually, our school was built over some old rail station and the ground floor of most of it was a few feet below street level. we had a park behind the length of the school that tailed off into a big long bank that would've been one side of the rail tracks.

kids who would get thrown in a bin for morning break and thrown down the hill at lunch time. all that stuff was just towards tiny younger kids though.

rushing was reserved for everyone in our own year.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Seems a pretty low level frat boy type of bullying.
I never saw or even heard about it being done.

And really whats the point of flushing? Your head is in a toilet.
What added torture does flushing bring.

There could be a serious lawsuit there, putting my face in pee I'd probably come back the next day and do a mass shooting.

Or probably just go Marcellus Wallace on whoever did it
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Aug 13, 2015,
Quote by EyeNon15
Frat boys and bullies are basically the same thing, man.
Quote by EyeNon15
I never saw or even heard about it being done.

And really whats the point of flushing? Your head is in a toilet.
What added torture does flushing bring.

There could be a serious lawsuit there, putting my face in pee I'd probably come back the next day and do a mass shooting.

Or probably just go Marcellus Wallace on whoever did it

Unless you've got a really skinny, narrow-shouldered kid, their head won't really go anywhere near the water. So the flush gives a little extra spray.

Given the confined nature of the space, it might also be pretty loud.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by theguitarist

We had this too. It was called the "hit list" in our school. I was never on it though, one lad tried to get everyone to come after me, but all of the people involved liked me so they went after the other guy instead. #rekt
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
So its just forcing a kids head sort of in the vicinity of toilet water with the hope that flushing will spray a drop or two on the kid? Yeh that's some pretty softcore bullying there.
Even wedgies are far more sinister than that.
Quote by EyeNon15
So its just forcing a kids head sort of in the vicinity of toilet water with the hope that flushing will spray a drop or two on the kid? Yeh that's some pretty softcore bullying there.
Even wedgies are far more sinister than that.

TBH, it's actually more a psychological thing. The kid is helpless, and his head's in a toilet that people have jobbied in. And everyone knows it.
Quote by Diemon Dave
The kids I grew up bullied others by damaging their personal property or verbally letting them know how strange they are

Never witnessed a wedgie, swirly, trash dunking, or anything like that from what I remember. One kid did get duct taped to the flagpole once though
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Most wedgie type stuff I witnessed was more along the lines of initiation and hazing type stuff.
I got a wedgie from the basketball team seniors because there was some tradition of giving players a wedgie once they left junior varsity and became varsity
I have never personally heard of that happening. Doing that to someone else sounds like a good way to get shot.
I almost got swirlied once. My brothers buddies grabbed me and drug me into the bathroom. They never did do it and I don't think they actually would have, but it's the fear of getting it done and your head going close to the toilet. It wasn't bullying because it was a mutual kind of thing, we would egg them on, and they would chase us around. All in good fun.