Currently about half my primary pedals are on loan to me from a friend who's been traveling overseas. She returns in the next week and will be taking them back, and I'm thinking of replacing them with a pod instead of a few pedals. I'd hope it'd also save me some money in the future.

I wanted to know people's satisfaction with them, and how it was transitioning from typical pedals to a pod.

If anyone has any specific feedback for the Line6 HD500 Pod as well, that'd be greatly appreciated
I recently got the HD500x, seems pretty solid and capable. The unit has no power switch, you have to plug it in to turn it on...pretty stupid. Also the presets are so laughable. Seems every one has some kind of pitch change or modulation, really useless, like some 12 yr old programmed them. Would much prefer presets of just various cleans, crunch and hi gain tones.

The software is ok, pretty time consuming dialling in presets though.
I have had a POD XT for years and the FX are just fine, I actually still use my POD for FX a lot lately.

The POD HD500 should be just fine for your needs, you will need to mess with it for a while to learn all the ins and outs
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I guess the real question is this: what pedals do you need? Give us an idea of what you are using and what you will need to replace once your friend takes back her pedals.

The Line 6 stuff isn't bad at all. I had a 2.0 and I have an XT. A lot to choose from and work with, but I still opt for my ol' pedals when I get an urge for that type of thing.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
I use her delay and fuzz; I'm not sure the model, she ordered them custom online. My own pedals are a dunlop wah and OCD overdrive. I've a few I don't use that much now but could possibly substitute for hers: a Slash fuzz, a cheap distortion (maybe Fender? I can't remember, it's far away currently), and a flashback delay.

Set-ups relatively small currently, but I'd like to expand it; just not sure the direction
Quote by Robbgnarly
I have had a POD XT for years and the FX are just fine, I actually still use my POD for FX a lot lately.

The POD HD500 should be just fine for your needs, you will need to mess with it for a while to learn all the ins and outs

same here. i use my POD for recording mainly but would have no problem using live if regualr rig went down or could be used.
Quote by monwobobbo
same here. i use my POD for recording mainly but would have no problem using live if regualr rig went down or could be used.

Yeah I could live with using my XT live if I had to
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If you need or want a lot of things to tweak with, you're into experimenting with effects, or you like doing stuff via the computer - the POD is a great item to have.

If you are a fan of keeping it simple. I also like having pedals in front of me to look at and adjust rather than pushing buttons and scrolling around on a small screen. I'm fairly hands-off with a lot of modern tech, I like my POD, but again, I generally default to my pedals. I happen to really like the Joyo pedals (I've had no issues with the ones I have and they work well enough). Check out some videos of those and see if they hit the ballpark of what you're looking to replace. You can fill a pedal board with them pretty quickly for little cash.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.