People. Im still living in the analogue world im afraid, and in fact the last time I went into a studio it was a 32 track reel affair. Anyroadup. Ive gone back to my roots and am now working as part of an acoustic duo. Our workloads away from music are such that rehearsal time together is difficult So. I want to record each new songs format with a hand held digital thingy then make a couple of copys to CD maybe so we can play them in the car or home studio. Where to start. As I say im not stupid but im not I.T
Nick
Line 6 sonic port VX. And an ipatch or whatever they are called. That will get you acoustically recorded. Google 'Sonic port VX' for vids.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
thanks. had a look at sonic port. expensive for just a simple recording, Even more confused having read what it does. Whats an ipatch please
i'm with you. Now its really getting on in price. I was thinking Tascam DR 05 thing. Would that work?
Quote by Nick1Piper
i'm with you. Now its really getting on in price. I was thinking Tascam DR 05 thing. Would that work?

Yeah, Tascam or Zoom handhelds are what you're looking for. Quality is fantastic.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, Tascam or Zoom handhelds are what you're looking for. Quality is fantastic.

thanks Scott. So if I recorded a session with one of these, how could I get 2 playbacks for me and my duo where we could listen and/or play along to? i.e can I download to PC and then make a CD or would I have to get a device that reads the micro SD? so many questions.
Nick
Quote by Nick1Piper
thanks Scott. So if I recorded a session with one of these, how could I get 2 playbacks for me and my duo where we could listen and/or play along to? i.e can I download to PC and then make a CD or would I have to get a device that reads the micro SD? so many questions.
Nick

You can download directly via USB or read the card. See the owners manual or youtube for specifics on your device. Once downloaded you can send it by dropbox to your mate and download it to an ipod for listening anywhere. No CD required.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Aug 13, 2015,
Assuming we have an ipod. Which I don't. got a car with a CD player though. could we maybe put the SD into a cheap MP3 player?
Last edited by Nick1Piper at Aug 13, 2015,
Quote by Nick1Piper
Assuming we have an ipod. Which I don't. got a car with a CD player though. could we maybe put the SD into a cheap MP3 player?

What I imagine will happen is you just plug it into your computer with a cable, drag the files off, then pop them into iTunes/windows media player/etc and burn it onto a CD from there. Whole process should take 15-20 minutes once you get the hang of it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Now I think you are talking my language Sid. Cheers mate. Now if anyone wants me ill be out the back a pickin and a grinnin. I can do that.