Can you guys pls give me a list of 3-5 amps or more if you want... for playing at home thrash death progressive and power metal styles, which amps are best to play?

Budget? - MAX i would go up to 700-800 euro is its really worth 1000euro
Genres? - Thrash metal, melodic death metal, speed, power, progressive
New or Used? - im in belgium not sure where can i get used ones but prefer a new one
Home or Gig? - it would be for playing at home
Closest City? - Belgium, Kortrijk
Current Gear? - at the moment i am using Roland Cube 30 cosm
There was really no need for a second thread.

Same thing I posted in the other one:
6505+, peavey vypyr (tube) 60, jet city JCA50 with some overdrive, ENGL metalmaster + harley benton G212 vintage, marshall DSL401 with some overdrive.

Yet I reckon that if you have to ask somebody else what amp would be right for you you're not sure of what you want, hence you might wanna listen to suggestions coming from more experienced users rather than getting what seems good to you.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Used dual rec
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Quote by Spambot_2
There was really no need for a second thread.

Same thing I posted in the other one:
6505+, peavey vypyr (tube) 60, jet city JCA50 with some overdrive, ENGL metalmaster + harley benton G212 vintage, marshall DSL401 with some overdrive.

Yet I reckon that if you have to ask somebody else what amp would be right for you you're not sure of what you want, hence you might wanna listen to suggestions coming from more experienced users rather than getting what seems good to you.

is that 6505+ u mean =Peavey 6505 Plus 112 Combo? and is it not too big and powerfull for playing at home? and are those all heads that you are talking about or all of those are combos?
Last edited by alausvergas at Aug 14, 2015,
^well the genres you like require powerful amps that dont need to master volume turned up loud to get their distortion. Not sure about the ENGL but the first few do come in combo form. But since you are in europe, getting the jet city 50 head + the harley benton cab from thomann might fit in your budget. Not sure what speaker they use in the jet city combo, i can't remember if the 6505+112 combo has a good stock speaker in it either, so going with the suggested head+cab setup might be better choice both soundwise & costwise when buying new at your location.
how quietly do you have to play at home? assuming it's not whisper volume and since you said you prefer new, it's hard to beat jet city in europe. get the jet city jca50H (or the 100H or 100HDM if you don't mind spending more) and harley benton g212vintage (plus a speaker cable), you can get those (well, the jca50 anyway) on thomann for under 600 Euros.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Laney Ironheart may be worth adding to the list. Not sure about death metal but add a boost pedal and you should be good.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by Dave_Mc
how quietly do you have to play at home? assuming it's not whisper volume and since you said you prefer new, it's hard to beat jet city in europe. get the jet city jca50H (or the 100H or 100HDM if you don't mind spending more) and harley benton g212vintage (plus a speaker cable), you can get those (well, the jca50 anyway) on thomann for under 600 Euros.

well no its not whisper, first good thing is im not living with my parents, and im playing in the atic most of the time well im not going crazy on sound cause my gf still wants to watch tv downstairs
Quote by steven_ferns84
^well the genres you like require powerful amps that dont need to master volume turned up loud to get their distortion. Not sure about the ENGL but the first few do come in combo form. But since you are in europe, getting the jet city 50 head + the harley benton cab from thomann might fit in your budget. Not sure what speaker they use in the jet city combo, i can't remember if the 6505+112 combo has a good stock speaker in it either, so going with the suggested head+cab setup might be better choice both soundwise & costwise when buying new at your location.

is peavey vypyr VIP 2 and VIP 3 are good? thats the only vypyrs i fund on thomann
Quote by steven_ferns84

is actually harley benton is good brand didnt heard a lot about it and will taht be the best choice for the speaker?
If you want a modeling amp the Vypyr will work. I have a first gen and it does fine for modeling.

You may also want to look at a Line6 POD HD500X and a good set of headphones (ATH-M50X) and/or desk monitor speakers. It's a great setup for home and you can reuse the POD with an amp or just plug it directly into the PA if you play out. You can get a power wedge Monitor speaker and use that to play out as well.

I believe the POD, headphones, and a decent powered wedge are all together within your budget.

For just home playing amp simulations on the computer can take you very far and it's very inexpensive to get started - guitar interface (guitar to USB), headphones, and the software (free to a few hundred USD).
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
XXX
JSX
JCA___
DSL401
Orange rocker 30 or thunder 30 (may be over budget).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^+1

go used

more bang for your buck and probably better made than the newer shit

A DSL 50/100 head or a Jet City 50/100 head might do you real well. Otherwise, I'd say buy as much ENGL as your budget will afford. I'd take a Rockerverb over the Rocker. Maybe the JVM - but those are love/hate. Not my 'ish

Mainly just stopped by to tell you TS that I love your OP
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^+1

go used

more bang for your buck and probably better made than the newer shit

A DSL 50/100 head or a Jet City 50/100 head might do you real well. Otherwise, I'd say buy as much ENGL as your budget will afford. I'd take a Rockerverb over the Rocker. Maybe the JVM - but those are love/hate. Not my 'ish

Mainly just stopped by to tell you TS that I love your OP

Yea the Rockerverb is much better than the rocker 30. I am not sure on his budget being enough for a Rockerverb and cab nor combo.

JVM
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by alausvergas
well no its not whisper, first good thing is im not living with my parents, and im playing in the atic most of the time well im not going crazy on sound cause my gf still wants to watch tv downstairs

yeah. it's up to you. sound might travel downstairs through the walls etc. quite efficiently. it's kind of one of those things that you won't really know until you try it, unfortunately.

Quote by alausvergas
is actually harley benton is good brand didnt heard a lot about it and will taht be the best choice for the speaker?

the HB stuff varies. Most of it is rebranded, so it depends on what the original was like.

The speaker cabs with the V30s are hard to go wrong with for the price. They're little if any dearer than the speakers alone.

I like the eminence v12s with the jet city high gain heads, but (well broken-in) V30s work very well with them, too. they'd definitely be up there as one of my top choices.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?