I've played both of these pickups and I like both, both are high output pickups good for hard rock, but I need your opinions, if you would choose which would you choose?

Which ever pickup I choose i'll be wiring into the bridge position of a Schecter w/ a basswood body. Both of these pickups have good qualities for rock pickups, which is obviously what I play. The D-Activator has a cleaner brighter sound, and has a nice singing quality when you play solos, but at the same time it is also a bit thin sounding compared to the SD,it seems the D-Activator is really trebly because it was designed to be better for drop tunings( I rarely drop tune). The SD has a fuller rounder warm tone, but it's still high output and good for rock, it's not as clear sounding but it isn't too muddy either. I like how its fuller sounding.... Also I should mention i'll be installing it with a push/pull pot. Which pickup do you think I could get the most out of ? or at least which do you think seems like an obvious choice?

I usually play stuff like Joe Satriani, and some classic rock, and occasionally some heavier stuff like lamb of god,avenged sevenfold etc...
what do you mean by classic rock? could you list some bands?

also, how often is "occasionally" for that heavier stuff you mentioned?

also which amp are you using?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They're very different pickups.

Frankly for your situation I wouldn't recommend either of them. I'd sooner recommend an AT-1 or a PAF Pro.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Dave_Mc
what do you mean by classic rock? could you list some bands?

also, how often is "occasionally" for that heavier stuff you mentioned?

also which amp are you using?

Classic heavy metal like Kiss, Journey , Iron Maiden , Dio, and similar bands. I don't play really heavy music like before, but I might start again since I'm getting back into it . at the heaviest I would want a sound similar to avenged sevenfold . Nothing crazy like hardcore or death metal. I just want a good clean sounding pickup for medium to heavy rock. After experimenting with the D activator I decided I wasn't going to keep that one so for now I'll be using the SD. Unless you guys have some better suggestions ? The paf pro seems like it might be a little weak and I would consider the at -1 even though I rarely have read anything on it

ATM I mostly use Guitar Rig 5 , and a Fender Jaguar 2 40 watt amp
I had the super distortion for 18yrs in my very first guitar. It is a very good pickup and will easily do what you want, but I really think the Seymour Duncan SH-4 would fit what you need even better than the super distortion
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah the paf pro is pretty clean-sounding, but as you said, might be a little weak. I think rob and oneblackened are on the money, the two you were originally looking at are probably too hot (I haven't tried the d-activator fwiw).

one of the duncan customs might be worth a look.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I use a D-Activator in the bridge of my Stratocaster. I like the clarity under high gain, and cutting sustain. I use pretty thick sounding amps, so the pickup works great with them. I found pickup height is really important with this one. Too high and the output and bass is overloaded. Too low and it can be too sterile.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION