Page 1 of 3
We may fight, but we must fight like the Sepoys of India, under white officers. This class of abolitionists don't like colored celebrations, they don't like colored conventions, they don't like coloured anti-slavery fairs for the support of colored newspapers.

After Bernie Sanders got shut down by some #BlackLivesMatter activists, white progressives have been gobsmacked at the notion that black people don't adore them. That they don't appreciate being told what their interests are and which politicians best represent them if they could only see it. That they don't love being told that their struggle is of the utmost importance, but don't make so much noise about it because it looks bad.

This has been doing the rounds on twitter, a selection of excerpts for white people to take on if they wish to be helpful

https://storify.com/BmoreDoc/a-curriculum-for-white-allies

What does the Pit think of BlackLivesMatter and the relationship between black civil rights activists and the left?
definitely no agenda here, op is unbiased and neutral for sure
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Things are getting pretty convoluted.

Good thing I generally don't concern myself with such things
My God, it's full of stars!
i think that isolating and being hostile towards the people who agree with you and support your fight politically and culturally is monumentally stupid
Quote by Acϵ♠
definitely no agenda here, op is unbiased and neutral for sure

I didn't say I was. I think white people, and especially liberals, are routinely awful on the topic of black lives
Quote by welvendagreat
I didn't say I was. I think white people, and especially liberals, are routinely awful on the topic of black lives

I think most people are routinely awful on the topic of racial equality. There's so much doublespeak, misread (or unintended) intentions, and accusations that I think many people are afraid to speak things because they'll get told off from nearly any which direction.
Quote by Dreadnought
I think most people are routinely awful on the topic of racial equality. There's so much doublespeak, misread (or unintended) intentions, and accusations that I think many people are afraid to speak things because they'll get told off from nearly any which direction.
You hear a lot about this. I'm not sure how much I buy it, that what's really keeping people from pointing out injustice is that they just didn't have the words for it.

And I was interested in how you meant convoluted. The point the list makes is that white liberals, who would normally see themselves as allies, need a brushing up.
I think Sanders should get better security for his events.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by welvendagreat
You hear a lot about this. I'm not sure how much I buy it, that what's really keeping people from pointing out injustice is that they just didn't have the words for it.

And I was interested in how you meant convoluted. The point the list makes is that white liberals, who would normally see themselves as allies, need a brushing up.

An example of convolution is the idea of "who is one person to speak for another?" Who is this guy, despite being well educated (I assume?) and black, to define white allyship and when it is truly "authentic"? Why are things such absolutes?

"Read THESE 4 documents to become a REAL white ally. You won't believe #3!!!"

It's racial equality discussion buzzfeed-ified and instagrammed.

edit: dear god why am I getting into this
Quote by ErikLensherr
I think Sanders should get better security for his events.

Yeah he should get secret service protection for basic doing nothing like Hillary
Quote by Dreadnought

"Read THESE 4 documents to become a REAL white ally. You won't believe #3!!!"

It's racial equality discussion buzzfeed-ified and instagrammed.

It was a series of tweets by one guy, the interesting thing is that people feel the need to do it. He's not the only person expressing concern at how white liberals treat black issues, or providing resources to people that want to help.
Quote by bradulator at #33547541
Yeah he should get secret service protection for basic doing nothing like Hillary

Even just like one dude with pepper spray would've been enough to prevent two angry fat chicks from taking over his rally.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I don't particularly disagree with you. Just commenting on the obvious confusion of modern times.
we should jsut like break the earth or something. like a giant egg.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
This has been going on for a long time. The same thing happened in the 60s and beyond.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Aug 13, 2015,
All Hail Bernie Sanders , Almighty Saviour Of African Americans Worldwide

Quote by Skullivan
What does BLM even aim to do? What's the end goal?

lifetime supply of free Popeye's.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
poor Asians always left out

doesn't help hispanic/latino is racially ambiguous now thanks LIBTURDS
Quote by Weaponized

It is sometimes difficult to distinguish a mexican from a filipino

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

how do you get away with this shit without half the Pit coming in and flaming you
Weren't those people outed as not being part of thr blm movement anyway?
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Weaponized
poor Asians always left out

That's our secret. We've always been racial ambiguous.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Skullivan
how do you get away with this shit without half the Pit coming in and flaming you

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
(y)

Quote by welvendagreat at #33547485
what does the Pit think of BlackLivesMatter and the relationship between black civil rights activists and the left?

Oh you don't wanna know.

I think white people routinely expect a star sticker, cookie, and blowjob for the brave brave brave act of not being racist. I like the reading list, it's the uncomfortable reminder that black people have suffered and that being a white "ally" (I hate that word so much) doesn't get you off the hook for doing nothing about it.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Aug 14, 2015,
"Ally" is stupid yeah, same goes for LGBT Aliies. The biggest pisstake was when they insisted the A stood for Allies, was hilarious. No you special little prick, it stands for Asexual, which already get erased and ignored enough, you're quite literally oppressing them by removing them from the LGBT movement for your own selfish need to be validated

I actually read this thread thinking "oh yeah here we go again, white people's fault again is it?" but I actually agree, "allies" as in the people who want a special label for themselves and often shout the loudest about it are fvcking annoying. You can support a cause without needing a special sticker
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Last edited by Bladez22 at Aug 14, 2015,
OP plans his outfits around his political ideologies, very strange guy even stranger than Bob

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Xiaoxi

Isn't that what you want though?

Quote by Bladez22
You can support a cause without needing a special sticker

But then how do the black people know that you're on their side?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Aug 14, 2015,
Quote by Skullivan

because he didn't make a list ranking races
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
In order what lives #matter most:

1. Black lives
2. Muslim lives
3. Native American lives
4. Mexican lives
5. Aborigine lives
6. Asian lives
7. Indian lives
7. Eastern European lives
8. White lives

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by theogonia777 at #33548096

But then how do the black people know that you're on their side?

by not being racist?
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
As a white man, you have ingrained racism. It is in your blood. Your ancestors owned slaves and you can never change that.

in order of really funny jokes

1. ironic sjw posts
2. dead baby jokes
3. libtard jokes
4. memes
5. you might be a redneck jokes
6. the big bang theory
7. your life
The "Black Lives Matter" people are a collection of simpletons. Bernie Sanders marched with Martin Luther King. If they had any brain matter at all they'd be protesting GOP candidates.
Quote by Bladez22
Weren't those people outed as not being part of thr blm movement anyway?

Again, those two "protesters" had only just started following the movement 2 days prior, and immediately started spamming photos of themselves everywhere they could, then pull this stunt. They're not a good representation of the movement as a whole especially since thr rest of thr crowd booed them and were not impressed
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Weaponized at #33548119
in order of really funny jokes

1. ironic sjw posts
2. dead baby jokes
3. libtard jokes
4. memes
5. you might be a redneck jokes
6. the big bang theory
7. your life

lol'd

Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33548110
In order what lives #matter most:

1. Black lives
2. Muslim lives
3. Native American lives
4. Mexican lives
5. Aborigine lives
6. Asian lives
7. Indian lives
7. Eastern European lives
9999. White lives

fix'd
Quote by TobusRex at #33548138
The "Black Lives Matter" people are a collection of simpletons. Bernie Sanders marched with Martin Luther King. If they had any brain matter at all they'd be protesting GOP candidates.

If they tried to pull this shit at a GOP event they'd be tackled by security before getting anywhere near the stage. That's the only reason I can think why they keep picking on Bernie Sanders. He'll let them get away with it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
I saw an interview where the lady said that Bernie's "rhetoric" wasn't enough. She wanted it to match his "words and actions." Gee, I sure hope we can find a way to make his rhetoric match his words too.
#DTWD
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
lol'd

fix'd

typical #RACIST behaviour from you

Quote by TobusRex

MLK mentioned in a black people thread and it only took 34 posts!
Page 1 of 3