Page 1 of 2
Let's say you had one. It's a book where you can write in the name of someone and they die, no restrictions. In the anime series Death Note, a kid finds one and the book has all these rules about how you can use it.

It gets more intricate; he starts writing the names of all the worst criminals/bad guys he knows of trying to make the world a utopia.

Anyway, would you use it if you found one? Would you kill the bad people of our world? They say the worst evil is the man who does nothing. Let's say you saw someone being murdered? Would you kill the attacker to save the victim?
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
I would use it for personal gain

Maybe kill off a few cunts though.

As long as there isn't an L equivalent.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

**** that book I'll go Ned Stark
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"
i'd probably write donald trump's name in there, along with an embarrassing death involving handcuffs and dildos

then i'd burn it cause fuck that

Quote by Trowzaa
As long as there isn't an L equivalent.

also this lol
honest answer is that I wouldn't use it. when it comes to obvious answers like 'I'll kill off all the bad dictators', the impact of their deaths might not be what you want. plus the morality of it (with people in general) is pretty complicated I think. there's more to most people than we think and I think just killing tons of people rather than trying to change them is an 'easy way out' that is not only morally shady but might also have some serious unforeseen consequences.

this book would be a huge problem and I'd try to hide it or destroy it. it'd probably make me paranoid af.

#cockatoopost
Quote by slipknot5678
honest answer is that I wouldn't use it. when it comes to obvious answers like 'I'll kill off all the bad dictators', the impact of their deaths might not be what you want. plus the morality of it (with people in general) is pretty complicated I think. there's more to most people than we think and I think just killing tons of people rather than trying to change them is an 'easy way out' that is not only morally shady but might also have some serious unforeseen consequences.

this book would be a huge problem and I'd try to hide it or destroy it. it'd probably make me paranoid af.

#cockatoopost

yep
I change my mind, this kid next door who keeps playing Drake songs on full blast has to go.
also I think once you start writing names in this book you become just as bad as the people you've killed. looked at a brief plot synopsis of this anime and his 'noble intentions' of 'ridding the world of evil' by systematically killing tons of people isn't so different from all the genocidal maniacs throughout history. nobody should have this power and I don't think there's anyone alive who really has good judgement on who lives and who dies.

/more boring posts lol
I'd use it on the absolute cvnt of a guy across the room from me right now.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Yes, and kill like half my neighborhood but I need to kill some randoms around the town or the island so it can't be traced to my place.

btw I think I need to rewatch that series... There's nothing even close to it these days.
Last edited by VillainousLatin at Aug 13, 2015,
Quote by slipknot5678
also I think once you start writing names in this book you become just as bad as the people you've killed. looked at a brief plot synopsis of this anime and his 'noble intentions' of 'ridding the world of evil' by systematically killing tons of people isn't so different from all the genocidal maniacs throughout history. nobody should have this power and I don't think there's anyone alive who really has good judgement on who lives and who dies.

/more boring posts lol

you should watch it even if it's only like halfway through, mostly because after that it gets a little shit but still pretty watchable anyway. not that long of a series at all (50-something episodes i think), has this real cat-and-mouse feel to it that i liked.
Last edited by Dregen at Aug 13, 2015,
Quote by Dregen at #33547792
you should watch it, even if it's only like halfway through, mostly because after that it gets a little shit but still pretty watchable anyway. not that long of a series at all (50-something episodes i think), has this real cat-and-mouse feel to it that i liked.

might actually do this.

interesting concept for a story.
I'd use it on Kim Jong Un, Assad, Mugabe, Joshua Garcia, etc.

But I'd eventually destroy it because no one man should have all that power.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'd maybe force really bad people to do really nice things before they die.

Cause of death: old age
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Yeah no killing is against my morals.
And my religion.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Cardbored

ahahahah this is brilliant
Quote by Cardbored

That's not a cause of death. Nobody just dies of old age. It's defined as natural causes. Which in itself is a list of possible causes of death.
Quote by snipelfritz

I'm pretty sure that if a guy like say Clint Eastwood dies, it will be because of old age
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by EyeNon15
All causes of death are natural really
Well not ALL, obviously. Murder, suicide, and accidental fatalities don't count.

Quote by CL/\SH
I'm pretty sure that if a guy like say Clint Eastwood dies, it will be because of old age
The heart doesn't just stop and say I'm done, no matter how old you are. There's something that causes it. Whether it be a heart attack or an illness. Both of which you are more prone to as you age.
Quote by snipelfritz

Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Aug 14, 2015,
congress and the senate. cause of death this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbMq7Pme5pk
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Could you use it as an abortion office thing? Say a lass comes in with an unwanted bun cookin up in the oven, right. She's like yeah cba with this pls scramble. So she names babby there and then, then you write the name in your death note and BOOM. Miscarriage.
I think I'd be way more scared of somebody stealing it from me or realizing I have it. I'm not really good at hiding this sort of stuff.

I don't think I could find a use of it, right now, that would actually make the world a better place. Kill a dictator/brutal leader? Most likely won't make a difference, or could actually be worse (depending on who takes charge next). Kill some awful criminal who will only hurt innocent people? Well, ideally I'd prefer him facing the justice system and maybe make something productive out of him (though this most likely wouldn't happen). I also can't picture any of these "horrible" criminals to pin them down (I need to picture their face in my mind)

Also, this will just result in a single unsuspected death. It won't change systems, or incite movements/protests/etc, since it wasn't a direct visible act, like murder. You just decide if someone is alive or not. How could you actually use that to improve the world?

I guess you could try and figure it out really really hard for a long time. If you get creative with the death and the person, maybe you could incite some kind of change, specially if you can actually control how he dies.
For example, imagine you find out that person X is a rapist, racist, child molester murderer. And he lives near a river that's contaminated by some factories with shitty environmental regulations. You could make him die in a way that toxicology reports show he died because of consuming contaminated remains from said river. This could cause an uproar enough to make the factory shut down or improve its process so it doesn't contaminate the river.

But trying to find these "perfect" scenarios, and planning them enough for them to work out like you want them to is very hard. Also, with all the effort you made, you could just make a slightly more effort and murder the dude yourself, without the aid of the Death Note.
Last edited by gonzaw at Aug 14, 2015,
Quote by K'Nuckles
Could you use it as an abortion office thing? Say a lass comes in with an unwanted bun cookin up in the oven, right. She's like yeah cba with this pls scramble. So she names babby there and then, then you write the name in your death note and BOOM. Miscarriage.

no, you have to see/picture their face

unless looking at a picture of a fetus works but ehhh lol

Quote by gonzaw
you could just make a slightly more effort and murder the dude yourself, without the aid of the Death Note.

your argument was well-made until this here
Quote by K'Nuckles

Um, that was pretty dark man.

Quote by K'Nuckles
She's like yeah cba with this pls scramble.e.

This made me chuckle, though.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Well not ALL, obviously. Murder, suicide, and accidental fatalities don't count.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't clinically count. Medical pros wouldn't call them natural causes.

I'm just saying as the meaning and concept of the word narural
All deaths causes are natural. Murder is firmly entrenched in nature and always has been.

Which leads me to believe that natural causes is just a way to say old age nicely.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Aug 14, 2015,
Quote by Joshua Garcia at #33547830
The heart doesn't just stop and say I'm done, no matter how old you are. There's something that causes it. Whether it be a heart attack or an illness. Both of which you are more prone to as you age.
Old age is the only thing that can kill Clint Eastwood
Quote by Dregen
no, you have to see/picture their face

unless looking at a picture of a fetus works but ehhh lol

To differentiate between the person and another person with the same name, yes. But if you had a totally unique name, then you know. Plus you can see babby through the ultrasound thing innit. If you named it Harold Botswana Motherfucking Godzilla Jones then I don't think you can get it confused with owt else.

Holy fuck, what if you wrote cause of death: parasitic twin causes health complications, cannot live. Could you grow extra people?
Last edited by K'Nuckles at Aug 14, 2015,
Scratch everything I said about natural.
I just looked at the definitions of natural for the first time ever.

What a weird thing, humans = not natural, literally everything else = natural
Sweet, all we need is a Delorean and we can go back in time to assassinate Hitler while he's still in his mother's womb
Quote by slipknot5678

/more boring posts lol

Just watch the two live action movies. The actress for Misa is totally not hot enough to pass off as an idol, but still two decent movies that sum up the good half of the show.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Can we use forum usernames? The 'post a picture of yourself' thread' is still hanging around, aye?
Quote by wafflesyrup
Can we use forum usernames? The 'post a picture of yourself' thread' is still hanging around, aye?

ha, i win
Death is good.

It's not nice, but it's fair.

If humans lived forever, and just one bad guy would come to rule, we'd literally be ****ed forever.

I think without death there is no progress.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by CL/\SH
Sweet, all we need is a Delorean and we can go back in time to assassinate Hitler while he's still in his mother's womb

No, you just have to picture his face, write his name and that he gets killed as a child by a time traveling DeLorean.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Page 1 of 2