I was wondering to go busking would 7 songs be adequate for busking because I have 7 songs up to performance standard in which I play acoustic guitar and sing, I've played open mic nights and had many people say that they enjoy listening to me play and that I'm good so I feel i would be able to make a fair bit busking.

The 7 songs that I have equal out to about 30 minutes worth of performance but I figured that since I will be playing for an ever changing crowd and people will maybe be too busy to stand there watching for half an hour so surely 7 songs is enough as I could just have a break after the 30 minutes then loop the songs again! I don't know I'm new to this.
Well before you start I'm pretty sure in Britain you need a permit\license to busk.Do it without it and you could get in bother.I would try and have maybe 15 songs to go over as you would maybe tire yourself out going over the same 7 songs.

Best of luck mate.
Couldn't you just get a job? You'd actually make money.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Couldn't you just get a job? You'd actually make money.

It would be fun if "Why Don't You Get A Job" was one of the songs he knew.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
It would be fun if "Why Don't You Get A Job" was one of the songs he knew.

Self-aware busking. You play songs about how much of an annoyance you are and how you aren't actually making money.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Thomas Crump
I was wondering to go busking would 7 songs be adequate for busking because I have 7 songs up to performance standard in which I play acoustic guitar and sing, I've played open mic nights and had many people say that they enjoy listening to me play and that I'm good so I feel i would be able to make a fair bit busking.

The 7 songs that I have equal out to about 30 minutes worth of performance but I figured that since I will be playing for an ever changing crowd and people will maybe be too busy to stand there watching for half an hour so surely 7 songs is enough as I could just have a break after the 30 minutes then loop the songs again! I don't know I'm new to this.

Busking is more about the ability to draw and entertain the crowd than Original songs or how well you play.

A half-assed player that is good at pulling a crowd and being entertaining will make more money that a virtuoso player that can't keep a crowds attention.

For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=14&v=hnOPu0_YWhw

That's Joshua Bell, world renown violinist playing in a Washington DC metro station during rush hour. One person notices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwmHLXh-Gow

That's Bruce Springsteen and though you can't see the crowd, you can hear back ground noise and there's not a lot of people.

Here's a news story about that..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Uxa-wQBIM
Last edited by jugglingfreak at Aug 14, 2015,
Song suggestions:
-Smells like teen spirit
-Stairway to heaven
-Sweet child o'mine (only the intro riff)
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.