Can I solder 2 power supliers together so I can power them with 1 power chord?
It would be 1 with 9V connectors and 1 with 12V connectors.

If so, where do I solder? Directly where the power chord connects with the rest of the electronics?

Thanks
Last edited by Den_Benjo at Aug 14, 2015,
I'm not entirely sure what you are saying, but I have a feeling the answer is no. What exactly is it you want to achieve? Power two pedals with one supply or something?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Exactly, 1 plug 2 power supplies.

The reason I want this is because I already have a fuel tank jr (5x9V)
And I can get a 12V supplier very cheap.
I'm not understanding what you want to do. You don't have enough room on your power supply for your pedals?
Are you saying you want to put the input of the 12V transformer power supply into the Fuel Tank? I been wanting to do the same thing to my power suppy, I can't find one that has 16v for Blackstar units.

Have you cracked open your fuel tank yet? I wonder if there's room for another AC jack, I'd use the square D type and replace the wall plug on the 12V transformer for the square D plug, then add the jack right inside the pedal connected to the AC mains of the fuel tank.
..I was watching my death.
A little off-topic, but I thought the Blackstar pedals all ran off either 9V or 22V?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
A little off-topic, but I thought the Blackstar pedals all ran off either 9V or 22V?

Blackstar does make pedals in those variations but I guess they switched to the 16V DC power supply at some point. I have an HT-Dual.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by Den_Benjo
Can I solder 2 power supliers together so I can power them with 1 power chord?
It would be 1 with 9V connectors and 1 with 12V connectors.

If so, where do I solder? Directly where the power chord connects with the rest of the electronics?

Thanks

I'm thinking the fact that you are asking this question is probably indicative the you shouldn't as you may kill yourself.

If both power supplies have a conventional mains lead that runs to a conventional wall plug, subject to the plug, you could connect both leads inside one plug. Alternatively there are single plugs designed for multiple lead outputs - often available from HiFi stores for connecting separates.

Or, hardware stores often have insulated choc block connector boxes (or similar) which you could fix to your board.

If the leads have the bulky plug top transformers there is nothing you can do. You need a socket adaptor or extension lead with multiple socket outlets. Or you could put a multiple socket outlet on your board wired to a flex and plug top.

As I said, the fact that you are asking the question, and haven't worked out the above yourself, would suggest that you shouldn't do it and certainly shouldn't be let loose with a soldering iron on anything which might involve mains voltage.

Sorry to be so harsh, but I'd rather that than learn you woke up dead.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
Quote by John Sims

...If both power supplies have a conventional mains lead that runs to a conventional wall plug, subject to the plug, you could connect both leads inside one plug....

This is a bodge and might give a quick fix for home use but could well be condemned by a venue if used for gigging. It is far from ideal and other solutions should be explored.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.