hey guys i was trying to adjust the bow on my guitars neck and it sounded really nasty...

like a breaking noise

is it ruined ? is it fixable, did the rod broke ???

do i need a new guitar )= ?
I mean they tend to make a loudish creaking noise. It's pretty impossible for anyone to tell if there's a problem given that you gave next to no info.

It's very unlikely it's broken though.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Yeah especially if it's a cheaper guitar, adjusting the truss rod can make lots of noise

Assuming you didn't torque it 3 times around with a power drill it shouldn't be broken
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Wood creaking is an expected noise when turning the truss rod. Unless you see damage on the neck or fretboard, or the rod now turns freely, you should be fine.
How far did you turn it?
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by STEGMAIER
hey guys i was trying to adjust the bow on my guitars neck and it sounded really nasty...

like a breaking noise

is it ruined ? is it fixable, did the rod broke ???

do i need a new guitar )= ?

i don't think the truss rod is broken or damaged for that matter. get it to a guitar tech and get it sorted out. no biggie.

BTW why were you trying to adjust the truss rod? were you trying some alternative tuning's?
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
Quote by AiC
i don't think the truss rod is broken or damaged for that matter. get it to a guitar tech and get it sorted out. no biggie.

BTW why were you trying to adjust the truss rod? were you trying some alternative tuning's?

truss rods are not just adjusted for tuning and gauge changes and need periotic adjustment.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I've tortured truss rods without ever breaking one....so I doubt it's broken. You may have popped a wood joint somewhere that you can't see yet....but probably no biggie either. Were you able to straighten the neck? If so, can you loosen the truss rod and see the neck curving more...if so nothing is broke.