I have a Takimine G Series and about 3 or 4 weeks ago I broke the 3rd string/ G string.. and I left in without a string since then cause I didn't had a string to replace it with.. and now I'm gonna change it ..but is it okay? cause i heard that its not recommended to leave it without string for a long time..also I'm scared to change it now.. so pleeaseee hellpp
Last edited by ashiiee010 at Aug 15, 2015,
In my personal opinion it is more beneficial to leave it unstrung when not in use. I have guitars in storage that i purposely leave the strings either extremely loose or off the guitar all together. With all of the tension on the neck all the time it can bow the neck inward (releif). I dont think you have a single thing to worry about.
Quote by Dick Savage
In my personal opinion it is more beneficial to leave it unstrung when not in use. I have guitars in storage that i purposely leave the strings either extremely loose or off the guitar all together. With all of the tension on the neck all the time it can bow the neck inward (releif). I dont think you have a single thing to worry about.

I'm going to completely disagree with this. You've always got truss rod tension countering strings. Take said string tension off and you get back bow. Think about it - a guitar you use constantly isn't going to suffer from too much upward neck bow from the strings. Guitars are built to have the string tension and the truss rod balanced out constantly. Taking all the strings off is unlikely to do damage, but it'll likely bollock the neck relief.

To OP, though, one string left off for a couple weeks won't hurt. If it had any effect on the neck relief it should correct itself once you've got a new set of string tuned to pitch.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
You will be fine.It was only missing one string.The other 5 would have kept everything in place.I never leave guitars stringless as like K33 said guitars are designed to have constant tension.I've got 6 guitars 3 I use regularly i keep downstairs and another 3 I keep upstairs I don't use that often but keep string on them to avoid setup issues.

Oh make sure they new string you bought was the same guage or minor adjustments may be needed.
I'm going to completely disagree with this. You've always got truss rod tension countering strings. Take said string tension off and you get back bow. Think about it - a guitar you use constantly isn't going to suffer from too much upward neck bow from the strings. Guitars are built to have the string tension and the truss rod balanced out constantly. Taking all the strings off is unlikely to do damage, but it'll likely bollock the neck relief.

Wow,I build guitars and i have never thought about it that way...it makes sense. You just taught me something and that i appreciate!