Anyone know of one?

I'm a Gibson and Fender guy but am in the market for something a little more brutal. By metal I mean flat fretboard, doublecut body etc.
"teh most gains"
Define "short scale"; that means very different things to different people.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by flickermf at #33551082
If you mean the scale length of the neck (e.g 25.5 inches, 24.75 inches etc) then you could go for one of the Dimebag Darrell signature Dean guitars. If signature guitars are not really your thing, then you could go for an ESP/LTD EC 1000 (with or without a floyd rose). Other than those two, there isn't that many out there that are metal style guitars as far as my knowledge goes. Hope that this helped.

...Really.

Gibson Explorer? Gibson V? God forbid, the vast majority of Les Paul-style guitars?

There are lots of metal-styled guitars that have a 24.75" scale, but they all tend to be based on Gibson designs.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 15, 2015,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
...Really.

Gibson Explorer? Gibson V? God forbid, the vast majority of Les Paul-style guitars?

There are lots of metal-styled guitars that have a 24.75" scale, but they all tend to be based on Gibson designs.

None of those are double cutaways like op asked for though. I can't recall many short scale double cuts off the top of my head, aside from an SG or double cut LP. Maybe a fender mustang if you want a really short scale, though they have round fingerboards. Ibanez makes some super short scale double cuts too actually, though they're super budget friendly\not high end.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Define "short scale"; that means very different things to different people.
By short-scale I mean less than 24.75".
"teh most gains"
Last edited by mountain2012 at Aug 15, 2015,
First thing that comes to mind is a carvin DC most of them are 25 in scales. Mayones dose 25.4 in scales for a lot of there standard guitars, ibanez has a lot of 25.5 scales.

There's lots out there all depends on how much you want to spend.
The shortest production double-cut designed with high-output pickups I can think of is the Godin Redline HB. It's only 24.75" scale, though.

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinredlinehbp.htm
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Why do you want a 24.75" scale tho? I personaly dont even notice the difference when i switch between 25.5 and 24.75. And i guess that the extra length gives you some additional tension in lower tunings. Im guessing you will downtune if you wanna play metal.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
PRS and Carvin have 25" (not 25.5") scales, 24 frets (most) and great fretwork as well as (depending on your pocketbook) some great wood. Carvins are available with fretboards in the 14" and 20" radius range.

Guitars themselves aren't "brutal." Manufacturers just hose some models down with flat black, toss on some high-output pickups and crank up the bullet points and advertising copy. Don't get sucked in by that -- it will greatly reduce the number of options you have.
Hmm...get a a Brian May Guitars Red Special or Fender Jaguar (both 24" scale), have it routed for HBs and put in your BRÖÖTZ pickups of choice, and you're golden.

...errr...black. Golden death black.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
put in your BRÖÖTZ pickups of choice, and you're golden.

...errr...black. Golden death black.

Friend of mine just Plasti-Dipped his guitar. It's a rubberized paint job that can be put on over your current one. Folks do this with cars all the time now. It gives your car...er...brootalz guitar a different look, looks like regular paint, costs less (well, it does if you're doing a car), protects the original paint and then just peels off when you're tired of it (or selling the car/guitar on).

http://www.dipyourcar.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw6cCuBRCh4KrGoJ6LoboBEiQAwzYsdKnhhh5E5s8IfobtzDNQlYC81APyi0dwr_uqxGcIuCcaAmcI8P8HAQ

http://www.plastidip.com/

You can even hydro dip your guitar body (this is some guy's arm using a plastidip carbon fiber-look kit):
I'll be honest: Anything shorter than 24.75" isn't ideal for metal, especially if you're downtuning.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/usa/products/jumpstart/RGM55_SLB.html

22.75" scale with a Wizard style neck and DiMarzio pickups.

If you are in the US Rondo Music / Agile Guitars may have something for you as well - you may have to do the semi-custom shop option.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/usa/products/jumpstart/RGM55_SLB.html

22.75" scale with a Wizard style neck and DiMarzio pickups.

If you are in the US Rondo Music / Agile Guitars may have something for you as well - you may have to do the semi-custom shop option.

A mikro with Dimarzios in it stock.

I have truly seen it all.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.