Page 1 of 2
So, I can be quite socially ******ed sometimes. (Which you'll have probably gathered by the end of this post)
There's this festival in a couple of weeks time to which me and my mate are going. As it was only the 2 of us, well, we thought why not try and camp with some other people that are also going. So I made an account on the festival forum and asked this very question.

A day or so after this girl replied, saying her and her friend were originally going in a big group but now it's just them two, and they wouldn't mind finding some other guys to camp with.
However, me being me I completely forgot I even registered on that site and only saw it like 2 weeks after they replied. I pmd the girl, but to no avail (she's not been on the site). Then I looked at her username, it was a full name and looked sorta familiar...
Bam. Turns out we go to the same school (Ive never spoken to her or even seen her). Yes, I found her on Facebook.

Now.. It's nearing the date of the festival and it seems she doesn't check the site anymore. On a scale of 1-10 how weird/creepy would it be to inbox her?
It depends on how attractive you are.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Make up a story about how you couldn't reply because you had so save some orphans from terrorists, but it turns out you were just being used to gather intelligence from an insurgent group looking to overthrow the legitimate government of Val Verde. One thing led to another, and you were chased all the way to Tianjin by some kind of weird extraterrestrial hunter, that you eventually confronted and beat in a chemical warehouse, but you were unable to disarm it's suicide device.
It depends on how attractive you are.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Strong 8/10 on a good day, though my profile pic is 3 years old

Any actual advice?
If she doesn't check Facebook, messaging her won't do anything. It'll look especially weird if you're not friends with her on Facebook, however attractive you are.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
it depends on how much you care
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Introduce yourself as the guy from the website. Say you forgot about the website and apologize for not replying. Then say that you thought you recognized her name and on a whim decided to see if she went to your school. Ask if she decided on other plans, and given that the festival is happening soon, she'll probably have other plans, but you're extending a regrettably late offer.

Hit send. Don't give a fuck about what she thinks. You haven't even seen her in person anyway.

EDIT: Damn, I forgot how to get around the censor.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Aug 15, 2015,
Quote by mickel_w
Strong 8/10 on a good day, though my profile pic is 3 years old

Any actual advice?

Is a good day Ugly Day?

My advice is to live with it. You goofed and it's your fault.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by rockingamer2
Introduce yourself as the guy from the website. Say you forgot about the website and apologize for not replying. Then say that you thought you recognized her name and on a whim decided to see if she went to your school. Ask if she decided on other plans, and given that the festival is happening soon, she'll probably have other plans, but you're extending a regrettably late offer.

Hit send. Don't give a fuck about what she thinks. You haven't even seen her in person anyway.

EDIT: Damn, I forgot how to get around the censor.

Hmm, thanks.
Just a shame I already replied on the post and via PM, now I'll be hitting cosmic levels of desperation
Buuuut I might do it anyway
Quote by mickel_w
Hmm, thanks.
Just a shame I already replied on the post and via PM, now I'll be hitting cosmic levels of desperation
Buuuut I might do it anyway

Dick pics will save the situation.
Quote by mickel_w
So, I can be quite socially ******ed sometimes. (Which you'll have probably gathered by the end of this post)
There's this festival in a couple of weeks time to which me and my mate are going. As it was only the 2 of us, well, we thought why not try and camp with some other people that are also going. So I made an account on the festival forum and asked this very question.

A day or so after this girl replied, saying her and her friend were originally going in a big group but now it's just them two, and they wouldn't mind finding some other guys to camp with.
However, me being me I completely forgot I even registered on that site and only saw it like 2 weeks after they replied. I pmd the girl, but to no avail (she's not been on the site). Then I looked at her username, it was a full name and looked sorta familiar...
Bam. Turns out we go to the same school (Ive never spoken to her or even seen her). Yes, I found her on Facebook.

Now.. It's nearing the date of the festival and it seems she doesn't check the site anymore. On a scale of 1-10 how weird/creepy would it be to inbox her?

8. Creepy but you do have a legit explanation if you have enough charisma to pull it off.

Edit: 8 out of 10 i mean.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I don't think its creepy at all. I mean, you've tried through that site, didn't work, So why can't you send her a message through another channel?

Whats the worst that could happen? You accidentally send her a dick pic?
I mean...she presumably still needs people to camp with and might well be bummed you never got back to her.

Definitely possible to pull off
Sounds like a perfect setup for a foursome to me
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
Not sure why any of this is weird.

All you got to do is say you noticed you went to the same school so thought you'd contact her again to see if she is still imterested because you need to know before you get ready. Since she replied you need a certain answer. Simples.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Nero Galon
Not sure why any of this is weird.

All you got to do is say you noticed you went to the same school so thought you'd contact her again to see if she is still imterested because you need to know before you get ready. Since she replied you need a certain answer. Simples.

'Noticed'

By, you know, searching her username on FB and creeping on her profile.
Quote by mickel_w
'Noticed'

Obviously you don't mention that part.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by mickel_w
'Noticed'

Still don't see how it is weird. You've done something nearly anyone would do. If you get someone replying to an event like that saying yes they're interested then of course they will be wanting to know more about who the person is.

If she finds that creepy then I find it hilarious she is willing to go to a festival with strangers but gets creeped out that someone wanted to know more about them before doing a group activity.

It's like when people Facebook or try to discover who their future hall mates will be in uni. They just want to know who they're going to be dealing with.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Quote by Victory2134
Obviously you don't mention that part.

Its not like I'll need to, since it will be so obvious anyway

I guess I could just message her with a different FB account, pretending to be another guy from the forums (who was also looking for people to camp with), causing her to check the forums and reply to me. She would be none the wiser, and of course she'd rather camp with the relatively normal guy than the weirdo who looked her up on FB..
Quote by mickel_w

I guess I could just message her with a different FB account, pretending to be another guy from the forums (who was also looking for people to camp with), causing her to check the forums and reply to me. She would be none the wiser, and of course she'd rather camp with the relatively normal guy than the weirdo who looked her up on FB..

But then you still looked her up on Facebook and that makes you a double weirdo.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Ah forgot you were in school. I see your entire reputation as a non creepo is at risk for the whole school as this girl will obviously be so freaked out that you found her on Facebook even though she left her entire name on that forum, that she will tell all of her friends you're a creep and then everyone will grab pitchforks and burn you on a stake for creeping.

I understand OP, it's ok, we're here for you.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Quote by mickel_w

ffs, if she finds out about that she's even less likely to ever want to know about you again. Just be truthful about it, tell her you forgot and that the offer still stands if needed. stop trying to create an elaborate lie which is far weirder than just being truthful about it.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by mickel_w

Now it's starting to get kinda creepy...
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Tempoe
she was first to contact you about camping....is she cute?

Does it matter if she's clearly going to suck his **** while he ****s her in the ass?
Whatever u do just make sure she doesn't find out that u asked a forum of strangers for advice on the matter
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by Nero Galon
Ah forgot you were in school. I see your entire reputation as a non creepo is at risk for the whole school as this girl will obviously be so freaked out that you found her on Facebook even though she left her entire name on that forum, that she will tell all of her friends you're a creep and then everyone will grab pitchforks and burn you on a stake for creeping.

I understand OP, it's ok, we're here for you.

ok good, now you understand my thinking process

Quote by Tempoe
she was first to contact you about camping....is she cute?

ofc.. why would i go through all this trouble if she wasn't?
her friend is also hot..

Quote by Theogonia777
But then you still looked her up on Facebook and that makes you a double weirdo.

Not if she doesn't find out about it

Quote by Pastafarian96
ffs, if she finds out about that she's even less likely to ever want to know about you again. Just be truthful about it, tell her you forgot and that the offer still stands if needed. stop trying to create an elaborate lie which is far weirder than just being truthful about it.

This sounds like good advice.. I should probably just get over myself and take my chances. Hell, I've never even spoken to her/seen her so I guess the worst scenario is that she turns down the offer. So what?

Quote by Gatecrasher53
Whatever u do just make sure she doesn't find out that u asked a forum of strangers for advice on the matter

This is probably also sound advice
Quote by mickel_w

her friend is also hot..

Worst case you have fun at the festival
best case threesome

you sound like a huge chode who just wants the internet to know that he has a chance of getting some poon
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
Last edited by Konkordmusk at Aug 16, 2015,
As long as you aren't weird about it it won't be weird

One of facebooks uses is for getting in touch with people you only vaguely know or knew anyways
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by mickel_w

nah thats not creepy at all IMO. Just be like 'hey! This is [whoever] from the festival site. I messaged you there but I don't think you're checking it anymore (I wasn't, obviously) [chortle, self-depricating]. But, coincidentally, I realized we went to school together! [yada yada...] so anyway sorry for the late reply, if you're still looking for... [yada yada]'

I guess I could just message her with a different FB account, pretending to be another guy from the forums (who was also looking for people to camp with), causing her to check the forums and reply to me.

NO

THATS CREEPY

DONT DO THAT
Death comes as the harsh victory of the law of our ancestors over the dimension of our becoming ~monsieur dupont, Nihilist Communism

please listen to Dingo and TRON MAXIMUM !!
her friend is also hot..

oh is that why you're doing this nah thats creepy leave her alone
Death comes as the harsh victory of the law of our ancestors over the dimension of our becoming ~monsieur dupont, Nihilist Communism

please listen to Dingo and TRON MAXIMUM !!
Yeah definitely don't do your new idea that's pretty bad
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Konkordmusk
Worst case you have fun at the festival
best case threesome

you sound like a huge chode who just wants the internet to know that he has a chance of getting some poon

We all know that's not going to happen.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
if you extend a polite offer ala rockinggamer2, she just won't respond if she somehow finds it creepy.

but since she's so hot or whatever and your new plan is so god awful, i anticipate you will someone turn a polite offer into an excuse to hit on her prematurely and badly. good luck
Page 1 of 2