Page 1 of 2
Who is your pick for best film villian ever? Please give a brief explanation of your choice.

I pick Anton Chighur from No country for old men.
The guy is incredibly smart, ruthless, calculating, and tough. hes basically a force of nature and in the film he is seen as pretty much walking death.
Dick Savage from The Pit Chronicles Episode 15: Rise of The Blode
Admittedly he's a minor villain but he's there.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Roger Rabbit, from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, because - SPOILER ALERT - he framed himself!
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Dr Evil because he is so evil
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Mr Freeze from Batman and Robin because he is just so cool.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Azog from the Hobbit trilogy, because he just so wasn't shoehorned in there to pad out the material.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Saruman and Pennywise, probably.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Oskar Schindler from Schindler's List because he saved a bunch of Jews from being killed.
Quote by DardySon
Oskar Schindler from Schindler's List because he saved a bunch of Jews from being killed.

just like that holocaust museum crack
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
just like that holocaust museum crack

As I said that wasn't me but I did find it funny cos I'm a horrible person.
Yeah I remember, that whole thing was hilarious on all accounts
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Vader's properly shite man.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by padgea7x
Vader's properly shite man.

Yeh yeh I know I know, star wars franchise is one of the most successful of all time but everything about it is total shit because a few internet hipsters decided it's overrated
Quote by EyeNon15
Yeh yeh I know I know, star wars franchise is one of the most successful of all time but everything about it is total shit because a few internet hipsters decided it's overrated

You choke one guy to death and chop yer son's hand off and all of a sudden you're the greatest villain known to man. Pfft

Quote by padgea7x
You choke one guy to death and chop yer son's hand off and all of a sudden you're the greatest villain known to man. Pfft

He has a cool hat, too.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by EyeNon15
Well we find out later that he killed a bunch of children

He was considered one of the greatest villains far before the prequels though

Apart from those named already, Hank Quinlan in Sign of Evil and Harry Lime in The Third Man for the obligatory Orson Welles mentions.
"If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
Lewis Carroll
Quote by EyeNon15

It is though.
Quote by padgea7x
He was considered one of the greatest villains far before the prequels though

Prequel, kills a bunch of children.

OT, blows up a ****ing planet. Tortures his daughter. Tortures his son's friend to send son a message because who's got time for a phone call?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal

OT, blows up a ****ing planet. Tortures his daughter. Tortures his son's friend to send son a message because who's got time for a phone call?

Nah, someone else ordered that planet to get blown the **** up. That creepy old guy that wasn't that other creepy old guy did it and made Vader look shite.

His torture of Leia consists of a mind probe. And Han Solo was just a massive pussy. But those torture scenes are hardly anything great for a villain.

Vader's pretty much this of the villains:

Bart: Dennis the Menace?
Jay North: Yes, I was America's bad boy. I once hid my dad's hat. (laughs)
Bart: Uh-huh.
Jay North: And another time, I accidentally stepped in Mr. Wilson's flower bed. That was a two-part episode. (laughs)
Bart: I have to go

I don't think villians neccesarily have to be sadists.
Michelle Pfeifer as Catwoman was a fantastic villian.
But what do I know, I loved the original Star Wars trilogy and the prequels. Saying you like the prequels will get you murdered at a Comic Con
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Aug 16, 2015,
The cannibalz from Cannibal Holocaust cuz they were br00tz
Baby Joel's rabbit profile picture is kinda cute. #TeamJOEL
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Roger Rabbit, from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, because - SPOILER ALERT - he framed himself!

I believe you mean Who Censored Roger Rabbit.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by DardySon

I honestly think we reached the time where holocaust jokes are just jokes and not horrible jokes.

I am an Israeli and half the jokes I know are holocaust jokes for crying out loud, same goes for anybody my age.

Quote by EyeNon15
I don't think villians neccesarily have to be sadists.
Michelle Pfeifer as Catwoman was a fantastic villian.
But what do I know, I loved the original Star Wars trilogy and the prequels. Saying you like the prequels will get you murdered at a Comic Con

One of the best examples for this, I think, it Magneto. If we are already speaking of holocausts and villains.

The guy is a Jewish holocaust survivor who seeks a better future for his kind, the guy has some shady methods and possibly some issues, racism among others. But if that doesnt make him a good villain, I dont know what does.
Last edited by Guitar0player at Aug 16, 2015,
I like the Joker in The Dark Night. I think Vader was a right proper villain, if you add the prequels in, the Emperor becomes pretty awful too.
The Ring in LOTR made a good villain I thought it could turn previously good characters to do bad things through their own free will.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Guitar0player
I honestly think we reached the time where holocaust jokes are just jokes and not horrible jokes.

I am an Israeli and half the jokes I know are holocaust jokes for crying out loud, same goes for anybody my age.

One of the best examples for this, I think, it Magneto. If we are already speaking of holocausts and villains.

The guy is a Jewish holocaust survivor who seeks a better future for his kind, the guy has some shady methods and possibly some issues, racism among others. But if that doesnt make him a good villain, I dont know what does.

Winning.

Whether in a 'beating Chuckles Xavier' or in a 'Charlie Sheen cocaine and hookers' way is up to you.

Though one might follow the other.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Winning.

Whether in a 'beating Chuckles Xavier' or in a 'Charlie Sheen cocaine and hookers' way is up to you.

Though one might follow the other.

Magneto's the shit. The fact that Fassbinder portrayed him even gave me a crush on him.
Denzel in Training Day
Remy in Higher Learning
Pre Prison Ed Norton in American History X
Mickey & Mallory Knox Natural Born Killers

Would Tyler Durden be a villian?
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Aug 16, 2015,
Quote by EyeNon15
Denzel in Training Day
Remy in Higher Learning
Pre Prison Ed Norton in American History X
Mickey & Mallory Knox Natural Born Killers

Would Tyler Durden be a villian?

I dont thing there's supposed to be a hero in Fight Club, I am not sure Tyler is a villain.
Quote by Guitar0player
I dont thing there's supposed to be a hero in Fight Club, I am not sure Tyler is a villain.

Yea, Durden is an antagonist, but in the case of FC, that's not analagous with a villain.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Billy Mitchell from the king of Kong because he's a real person. It's fascinating how much of a dick he is.

As for a fictional character I would have to say shooter mcgavin from happy gillmore, for the same reason as above because it's funny.
Quote by TobusRex
Chigurh from "No Country for Old Men". Agree with OP 100%.

Great minds think alike.
Page 1 of 2