Hello guys and gals,

So it turns out that I am likely to move from Michigan to California in a few months and have some concerns as to how to get my two guitars there. I dont have the money for any type of hard case. Searched Craigslist and nothing affordable there used. So I need some ideas. Here are a few of mine.

1. Go to my local Guitar Center and ask if they have any carbord boxes with inserst that there strats com shipped in.

2. Loosen strings and remove and ultimately unbolt the neck. Move and then set it back up. If I could do it my self.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks again guys.
I play on a guitar with no name. I think I will call her Arcane.

Guitars

Arcane (My mystery 6 string HSS Strat type)

J. Reynolds (6 String SSS Strat type)

Amps

Axtron GA-10
how are you getting from one place to another? if in car then just put the guitars in back seat and you should be good. if not then you will need to secure them as best you can.
Quote by panoussigabriel
Hello guys and gals,

So it turns out that I am likely to move from Michigan to California in a few months

Not another Youper heading for Bakersfield or Fresno, I hope...

Cardboard box would work. And it's a good place to pack with extra towels!
Worst case, a lot of extra towels and some duct tape (no, I'm not kidding) would handle it.
Think (here it comes...) outside the box.
Quote by dspellman
Not another Youper heading for Bakersfield or Fresno, I hope...

Cardboard box would work. And it's a good place to pack with extra towels!
Worst case, a lot of extra towels and some duct tape (no, I'm not kidding) would handle it.
Think (here it comes...) outside the box.

Had to laugh at this...

Nope no FresNO I used to live there. I have lived in Santa Cruz, Fresno, Salinas, Clovis and Turlock. This time I am moving to West L.A.

We plan on taking a uhaul. With a trailer and as I type this I can't help but kick myself. Dude I can just box it and put it in the trunk of my car. Problem solved. I wont be taking alot of stuff. Cant believe I did not think of this before.

Guitars

Amps

Axtron GA-10
Quote by monwobobbo
how are you getting from one place to another? if in car then just put the guitars in back seat and you should be good. if not then you will need to secure them as best you can.

+1
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
One caution. I'd still take the "wrap in towels" advice. And as always, leaving a guitar in your car can be a bad thing. In this case, we're currently looking at some seriously high temps between MI and LA (we're running 109 in the Riverside area, 96 in LA proper, 118 in Palm Springs, 123 in Death Valley, etc.). Depending on how many stops you're going to be making, in-car temps can run north of 160 degrees if you're stopped and the windows are rolled up.

And remember that your trailer is theft-bait. If they can take the whole trailer, they will. I helped move some folks up to Seattle from LA, driving a loaded box truck, towing a packed station wagon behind. I slept in the truck. Heard some noises, walked to the back of the truck and found two guys high-tailing it away in a pickup. They'd managed to yank the lighting wires and were just starting work on the trailer hitch when they heard me open the door.
I am thinking I am going to wrap them in towels for sure and add a blanket wrap too. Then just restrain them in the back seat with some bungee cord crack the window and bam that's it. Its not an expensive guitar but I enjoy learning to play and cant afford a replacement. Thanks Everyone!

Guitars

Amps

Axtron GA-10