there is a squier i want to buy made in indosia loaded with seymour duncan pickups (h/s/s)
i just want to see if you recommend it or not here are some pictures of it:
picture 1
picture 2
picture 3
can anyone confirm the serial number?
Last edited by vargon132 at Aug 16, 2015,
made in india is throwing me off. some were made their in 1989-90 but that serieal number is wrong for those. overall the guitar looks ok with the possible exception of the small headstock (most have the larger 70s style but not all). the pickups are after market defintely not stock.
looks in pretty good condition, what's the asking price?
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
Last edited by AiC at Aug 16, 2015,
Quote by AiC
looks in pretty good condition, what's the asking price?

200 dollars, the guitars in my country are really expensive, a guitar in the us that costs 500 dollars is about 1000 here
i think that's a fair price, have you played it or are you buying it online?
My Gear

ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
Quote by Fuzz Aldrin
The serial number matches the Indian "Vintage Modified" series. Here's a review of one:

http://en.audiofanzine.com/stc-shaped-guitar/squier/vintage-modified-series-strat-hss/user_reviews/r.87957.html

The pickups actually do appear to be stock. Looks like a pretty decent guitar, if the price is right.

stock pickups are duncan design on that guitar from the pix the pups appear to be actual SD's. tough to tell for sure though.

anyways it appears that the guitar is legit and looks good. i'd go for it.
Quote by AiC
i think that's a fair price, have you played it or are you buying it online?

no but im going to try it before i use it
ok, then try it ... certainly looks like a good deal.
My Gear

ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
I've got one of the Indian VM Strats, however mine was made in 2011 (after that year they were discontinued) and the serial starts with nhs, so I don't know if they were made in the same factory. The only odd thing in mine is the bridge position, to intonate that guitar I need to move the saddles toward the neck so much that the saddles screws do touch the bridge screws, it doesn't look like it's a problem on yours, assuming it's intonated. Also the pickguard on the right side pushes against the bridge, apparently on yours too, you can see that near the trem bar hole the pickguard seems stuck under the trem, sure it's an easy fix if you decide it's a problem for you but still it doesn't seem a wise design choice

that guitar is like falling in love with a stripper
Silmeria
Valkyrie
modded Squier Strats