Page 1 of 2
I believe in long distance relationships because how could you believe that out of 7 billion people in the world, your soulmate lives 15 minutes from you?

Discuss LDRs / soul mates

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I found my soul mate at a young age.

She floated away after 20 minutes when I accidentally let go of her.

My memory isn't so good anymore but she had a round red body, with a white string handle and had a heart of helium.

She's probably in Belize or somewhere now *sigh*
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I haven't been in a short-distance relationship since I was about 17.
Death comes as the harsh victory of the law of our ancestors over the dimension of our becoming ~monsieur dupont, Nihilist Communism

please listen to Dingo and TRON MAXIMUM !!
Would never do a ldr. Seen too many flop and know how shitty it is just having a long distance friend, **** that shit if we're dating
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Didn't you already make this thread a few weeks ago?
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by Nero Galon
I found my soul mate at a young age.

She floated away after 20 minutes when I accidentally let go of her.

My memory isn't so good anymore but she had a round red body, with a white string handle and had a heart of helium.

She's probably in Belize or somewhere now *sigh*

You're Welsh, your soulmate ended up in a shepherd's pie years ago.
girl i dated in the past lived 45 minutes away
dating her again now, she's moved closer
it was alright, i enjoyed the drive
but that's the farthest i've ever done
Quote by SMH07 at #33552569
Didn't you already make this thread a few weeks ago?

No it was probably someone else or it came up in the relationship thread

I don't think LDRs can start out long distance. If you start the relationship close together but one of you needs to go away for say 6 months or a year I think that can work out. But there needs to be a tangible goal the relationship is moving towards where you can physically be together

Uprooting your life to be with someone you met over the internet is very unwise imo
Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33552573
You're Welsh, your soulmate ended up in a shepherd's pie years ago.

Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

also fuck a soulmate
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Idk im just as undesirable online as IRL, frankly 7 billion people isnt a large enough pool

I'm less desirable IRL(I know, less desirable than I am online seems like a divide by 0/HACF error, right?), because online, you can imagine I'm actually vaguely human looking.
Quote by Eastwinn
also fuck a soulmate

thats the aim
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

it really fvcking sucks, its barely worth it

soulmates aren't real, its a nice concept but its overly romantic and its not how real life works
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
We're all soul mates, because we're all from the same star matter! #woah #woah #woah #woah

My rltnships/friends/fb acquaintances back when I used to do that/people Ive met/etc have encouraged me to never marry or have kids until I'm like 55 lol
Quote by theguitarist
Would never do a ldr. Seen too many flop

most not long distance ones flop too so

and know how shitty it is just having a long distance friend, **** that shit if we're dating

this is a fair point though

distance can be a pain, but it's not always bad.

I don't think soul mate as in one person that is perfect for you is a thing, but I agree with the idea behind that quote.
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33552535

That's an okay argument for LDRs, but that still doesn't mean that physical presence isn't really important to a relationship. I don't just mean sex, I mean actually being present around each other. I think that might be why long-distance relationships are attractive to some people, because they never have to be truly present.

Also, I'm way more interested in talking about distance as an abstract dimension than just as a physical dimension.
I think a soul mate can be a thing, but that plenty of people have the potential to be a soul mate, not that there's one particular special snowflake that is meant to be your one and only soul mate

I know that kind of goes against the definition though
Yea but these ldr flop mostly because the distance instead of the normal stuff.

Also people should get over 'the one' or 'soulmates' etc.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Long distance friends / relationships aren't the end of the world

I see a lot of people work them out for a long time and it works well for them since they are not obligated to spend all their spare time with each other and vlaue their time together which often doesn't happen in "normal" ones

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by CL/\SH
I think a soul mate can be a thing, but that plenty of people have the potential to be a soul mate, not that there's one particular special snowflake that is meant to be your one and only soul mate

I know that kind of goes against the definition though

Thats a fairer view i can get behind.

Especially if you live in a big city like myself, hard to say you can.t find someone just as great.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Get a ticket to the hippest trip in America if you want a soul mate
https://youtu.be/zCnKFM3hXEk

I've seen great long distance relationships where they might see each other two or three times a week go right in the toilet when they finally get closer together and discover they despise each other if they have to see each other more than a few hours a week
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Aug 16, 2015,
The grass is green wherever you water it. The same applies to love. It isn't something that's purposefully hidden from you, as if it's the object of a hunt.
SGT. HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?
COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer!?
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
Quote by EndTheRapture51

I see a lot of people work them out for a long time and it works well for them since they are not obligated to spend all their spare time with each other and vlaue their time together which often doesn't happen in "normal" ones

Not saying they are all doomed just that it highlights the actually weak relationships some people have (even if they think otherwise )

A ldr with a clear plan to be together later is best l. Unless they both have personalities that mean they can only stand so much personal contact then ldrs are okay (everyone in a relationship being like tha5 is pretty rare though)
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I found my seoulmate last year. He knows where to get the best kimchi.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Haaaaaah...
SGT. HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?
COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
SGT. HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer!?
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33552660

in a fairly ldr right now, its hard. You're not obliged to spend as much time together, but finding time to see each other becomes hard
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33552660

Long-distance friendships and relationships are different, though. In a friendship, there's no obligation for proximity (there is no word for this kind of wordplay yet but some day there will be; the point is: there absolutely is a co-dependent relationship [there I go again, albeit vaguer and pointless] between physical and emotional distance).

I have to admit, taking a step back, this post is a masterpiece.
Did you just double parentheses. ?

Cheeky git. Even me king of the parentheses doesn't double up. Nice one. :thumbsup:
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Long-distance friendships and relationships are different, though. In a friendship, there's no obligation for proximity (there is no word for this kind of wordplay yet but some day there will be; the point is: there absolutely is a co-dependent relationship [there I go again, albeit vaguer and pointless] between physical and emotional distance).

I have to admit, taking a step back, this post is a masterpiece.

Your challenge - {}

Do you dare accept?
Quote by Xiaoxi
I found my seoulmate last year. He knows where to get the best kimchi.

Where?

Though apparently everyone hates dark people in korea, i still wanna visit.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist at #33552699
Where?

Though apparently everyone hates dark people in korea, i still wanna visit.

This is totally not true. Source: the various sexual fluids still on my penis.

I should probably shower huh.

Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33552698
Your challenge - {}

Do you dare accept?

Give me a week to think about it

(I might accept )

Fun fact: the more parenthesis, the deeper the level of conscious you're accessing.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Aug 16, 2015,
Quote by theguitarist at #33552663
Thats a fairer view i can get behind.

Especially if you live in a big city like myself, hard to say you can.t find someone just as great.
Yeah, it's not something that just happens no matter what. You have to work at it. Some people naturally work together really extraordinarily well romantically, and even they have to be constantly maintaining and nurturing the relationship they have together. Most people I'd wager don't like putting in that effort so that's why so many relationships end, they just become routine and boring
Quote by theguitarist at #33552677
Not saying they are all doomed just that it highlights the actually weak relationships some people have (even if they think otherwise )

A ldr with a clear plan to be together later is best l. Unless they both have personalities that mean they can only stand so much personal contact then ldrs are okay (everyone in a relationship being like tha5 is pretty rare though)

I agree with this
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
This is totally not true. Source: the various sexual fluids still on my penis.

I should probably shower huh.

Give me a week to think about it

(I might accept )

Fun fact: the more parenthesis, the deeper the level of conscious you're accessing.
And now, use them in conversation!
"Hey Slapsy, how are you (I'm asking because I'd sincerely like to know [Just implying that when most people ask, they don't really mean it {If that makes you uncomfortable, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to}])?"
Quote by CL/\SH
Yeah, it's not something that just happens no matter what. You have to work at it. Some people naturally work together really extraordinarily well romantically, and even they have to be constantly maintaining and nurturing the relationship they have together. Most people I'd wager don't like putting in that effort so that's why so many relationships end, they just become routine and boring

I agree with this

Relationships need to be kept exciting and that's why married people have affairs and stuff because they're not doing exciting things together so everything gets stale

Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33552725
...and that's why married people have affairs and stuff because they're not doing exciting things together so everything gets stale

Jesus, lighten up over here.
Yeah exactly, doing exciting things regularly together takes a lot of work

And is pretty tough when you only see your partner only a few times a year and live thousands of miles apart, the love just wanes until only the idea of the relationship is left and that's all you both cling to
Page 1 of 2