Budget: Preferably around $500, $700 max

New/Used: Used

Pickups: A humbucker in the bridge position is a must. Other then that, as long as it's good for rock and metal I don't care. I currently have an EMG 81/85 set and a Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz set and like them both.

Preferences: 25.5 in scale minimum. Easy to adjust action & intonation (no floyd rose). I would consider both a 6 or 7 string. Most likely looking at a superstrat style. I like the neck on my Jackson's but neck shape isn't a dealbreaker.

Current Gear: See sig

Really I'm just looking for an all around workhorse since my two other guitars have floyd rose bridges and I'm sick of adjusting them when I want to change tunings.

Here's some ideas of what I'm looking at (I will be looking used). I'm looking at both 6 and 7 strings, haven't decided what I want yet.

LTD horizon
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/esp-ltd-deluxe-h-1001fm-electric-guitar?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=CPmYiZPdrscCFY6EaQod8U4HjA&kwid=productads-plaid^57303066067-sku^584484000127000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^53736456387

Jackson Soloist (7 string)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jackson-slattxmg3-7-soloist-7-string-electric-guitar

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Willing to go used?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Agile Interceptor or Septor 6 or 7 string, price goes up to $600 but most are less and some even much less.
Quote by Tremolo Bum
Budget: Preferably around $500, $700 max

New/Used: Used

Pickups: A humbucker in the bridge position is a must. Other then that, as long as it's good for rock and metal I don't care. I currently have an EMG 81/85 set and a Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz set and like them both.

Preferences: 25.5 in scale minimum. Easy to adjust action & intonation (no floyd rose). I would consider both a 6 or 7 string. Most likely looking at a superstrat style. I like the neck on my Jackson's but neck shape isn't a dealbreaker.

Current Gear: See sig

Really I'm just looking for an all around workhorse since my two other guitars have floyd rose bridges and I'm sick of adjusting them when I want to change tunings.

Here's some ideas of what I'm looking at (I will be looking used). I'm looking at both 6 and 7 strings, haven't decided what I want yet.

LTD horizon
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/esp-ltd-deluxe-h-1001fm-electric-guitar?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=CPmYiZPdrscCFY6EaQod8U4HjA&kwid=productads-plaid^57303066067-sku^584484000127000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^53736456387

Jackson Soloist (7 string)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jackson-slattxmg3-7-soloist-7-string-electric-guitar

I was recently turned on to Godin, they have some excellent models in that range used, good quality guitars. Other than that I'd imagine you are pretty aware of your options from the likes of LTD/Jackson and the like. Maybe something by Music Man or even Sterling if you are into that? Most models have tremolo bridges though...

I'm waiting for Danny to get in here, he knows all in terms of guitars.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
I was recently turned on to Godin, they have some excellent models in that range used, good quality guitars. Other than that I'd imagine you are pretty aware of your options from the likes of LTD/Jackson and the like. Maybe something by Music Man or even Sterling if you are into that? Most models have tremolo bridges though...

I'm waiting for Danny to get in here, he knows all in terms of guitars.

Yes, I am familiar with the Jackson and ESP lines. I am looking into other options that may be a better value used.

The reason I am going used is because I want a good guitar that I am not afraid to gig with, as some damage will typically occur during gigging.

I know very little about Ibanez electrics. Are the "Prestige" models their high end line?

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 16, 2015,
I'm sorta drawing a blank on hardtail 25.5" scale "metal" guitars tonight.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 16, 2015,
Quote by Tremolo Bum
Yes, I am familiar with the Jackson and ESP lines. I am looking into other options that may be a better value used.

The reason I am going used is because I want a good guitar that I am not afraid to gig with, as some damage will typically occur during gigging.

I know very little about Ibanez electrics. Are the "Prestige" models their high end line?

Not necessarily but they are pretty sweet guitars and definitely comfy to play. Look into those for sure there can be great deals if you are vigilant.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.