I'm looking into buying a new amp at a local pawnshop. It's a fender ultimate chorus selling for just over $200. The only problem is the volume knob on the drive channel is broken at the stem, but that's not that hard to fix. I was wondering if anybody has experience with these amps and has any thoughts?
I woulndt pay 200$ for it but it depends where you come from and the market there.

I just stay away from pawshops because they overprice their stuff so badly...

What year is it?
Quote by Taz9
I woulndt pay 200$ for it but it depends where you come from and the market there.

I just stay away from pawshops because they overprice their stuff so badly...

What year is it?

You've got to find the right pawn shop, and find out who is the best person there to deal with. Then learn to haggle properly.
We have 4 pawn shops in town (Carson City, NV)...
One I avoid like the plague because they are dumb asses.
$69 for a Danelectro FAB Distortion or a Boss DS-1? Really?
When I showed them a newspaper ad for GC showing the DS-1 for $39, they dropped their price on the DS-1. To $ 49!! At that point I decided that they were beyond help. I just go in there to laugh at them.
They do have a sweet looking Line 6 Flextone in purple tolex though. That thing is gorgeous.
But they have it listed at $500 though.
And three years later, that DS-1 is still there.

2 of them don't have a lot of music related gear, but when they do, its priced fairly good because they generally don't have a clue on what its worth.
I Got a BBE Sonic Maximizer 462 (Rack mount) for $30 from one of them (GC was selling them for $99 at the time).
The 4th one, they have a fairly good selection of musical gear.
And they have their s**t together.
Don't sell to them cause they won't give you a good price.
I've bought a lot of stuff from them though, and I generally get great deals from them.
I haggle, and I ONLY ever deal with the manager. No one else there. EVER. Not if, IMO, its an important purchase.
I bought a Peavey Vypyr 30 for $180. Not a great price, but I made up for that when I bought the Sanpera II pedal that they had.
They had the Sanpera II there for $289 when I bought the amp, which was the going rate on ebay at the time. I got them down to $250, but that was still more than I wanted to pay.
So, I waited 2 months then went back and got it for $125.
And that was planning on my part, not luck.

Pawn shops can be a great source of gear.
But you have to work at it.
You have to make an effort.
I don't get a lot of musical gear there though, But I do get a lot of my tools there.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Aug 17, 2015,