Ok, so my sons old Boss RC-2 loop pedal got stolen.......I am going to replace it, but my question is which one would be a good one to get. I am looking to spend no more than $150 regardless of new or used.

This is what he's got going on right now:

Ibanez RG-370 guitar
Dean Zero Mustaine signature guitar
Boss GT-3 multi effects processor
Marshall 3 piece micro stack
Crate GX-15 practice amp.
Crate Power Block
Crate 4x12 cabinet
I've only used one pedal so I can't recommend much, but I have a digitech jamman express xt and I like it. Easy to use.
Depends. Are you looking for something with drum machines on?

I own the Ditto and it is compact and quality made, except for the switch. It takes a little while to get used to the tapping settings though. Cheap also and cheaper on the used.

The Nano Looper 360 by Electro-Harmonix is cool if you need many loop memories.
A good father that loves his son would buy him a Line 6 DL4 cause not only is it an awesome looper but it has more delay options than you can shake a stick at, and it sounds beautiful. A TC Flashback X4 would also be a fatherly option. Perhaps a Boss RC20XL would be more responsible, more focused.

(BTW, any of the three could be had, used, for ~$150, check the used section on Guitar Center's site, maybe local Craigslist).

You know, kids these days, they need support, guidance, tube amps and lots of patience. Good luck.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
You know, kids these days, they need support, guidance, tube amps and lots of patience

Quote by lucky1978
A good father that loves his son would buy him a Line 6 DL4 cause not only is it an awesome looper but it has more delay options than you can shake a stick at, and it sounds beautiful. A TC Flashback X4 would also be a fatherly option. Perhaps a Boss RC20XL would be more responsible, more focused.

(BTW, any of the three could be had, used, for ~$150, check the used section on Guitar Center's site, maybe local Craigslist).

You know, kids these days, they need support, guidance, tube amps and lots of patience. Good luck.

The first two aren't exactly fair to recommend without mentioning that they lack a lot of the time/controls that a dedicated looper would have.
If he liked his RC-2 you can probably find a used one for pretty cheap and even grab a Boss FS-6 for more control over it. I'd be familiar and they work great.
If he just needs a dedicated live looper for jamming I think the Ditto X2 is super clutch because it has plenty of loop time and it can have a dedicated stop switch which makes it easier to use than timing double taps and stuff on it's single footswitch little brother.
Quote by lucky1978

lol
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, we went to a music store today and found a new Boss RC-30 twin pedal (way out of my price range....no way am I getting it for him). The store did have a used RC-1 for sale @ $99....didn't get it though. The saleswoman was letting him try out different loop pedals thru a tiny amplifier called BlackHeart (I've never heard of this company.....but then again I don't know much about music gear).......it is a floor model demo/display and it was $100. My son liked the way it sounded, so that's what he ended up getting.....looks like the loop pedal is gonna have to wait. The BlackHeart amp looks pretty basic, and it is. But my son said it sounds fat (which made me laugh because the thing is so small). Are these things durable? They look like small novelty items. I've read a couple of reviews online, but I don't trust the reviewer for not possibly being a cheap "sales pitch".
Last edited by tonysilva530 at Aug 19, 2015,
^ I think they were somewhat related to crate. They came out in that first (maybe second) wave of cheap low wattage tube amps. I thought they had a pretty decent rep considering the price, but I never got to try one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Kickass! I love using a looper, but its good to start with a decent lil tube amp.

Why doesn't your son have a ug account? Lotsa helpful folks around here.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I'm kind of having the same issue as your son was experiencing but I'm on the other end of the spectrum... I'm retired and want to add to my gear. I've been playing Electric and Acoustic for close to 50 years, Classic Rock and Roll and Blues. I currently have a Digitech RP90 Processor, and I'd like to get a looper. I'm playing through 2 amps, a Fishman Loudbox 180 and a Bose L1 Model II. My budget isn't carved in stone but I think I should be able to get something decent for $200 or so. Except for the Digitech I have zero experience with pedals.
^ I don't have much experience with loopers but you should easily be able to get a decent one for that. The prices dropped a bit recently too (just after I bought one ) which should help a bit too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by lucky1978
Kickass! I love using a looper, but its good to start with a decent lil tube amp.

Why doesn't your son have a ug account? Lotsa helpful folks around here.

He is only 14 years old, so I'm kinda limiting his exposure to internet socializing. He still goes in the web for other things, just not social network stuff.
Quote by tonysilva530
He is only 14 years old, so I'm kinda limiting his exposure to internet socializing. He still goes in the web for other things, just not social network stuff.

That's an extremely good move, and one that more parents should be doing these days.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Gotta beware not to raise a permanent dependant too naive and incompetent, and/or too entitled to do anything for his/herself. You could be doing your child a grave disservice by not giving them leeway while you can keep an eye out and guide them. There's a very fine line with lots of variables.

BTW, not saying anything about TS, I think it's very cool that he puts in the effort and takes an interest for his son's sake.
Last edited by lucky1978 at Aug 20, 2015,
Definitely buy a ditto looper..I bought one on ebay for $99 ı totally love it.It has everything you need in that small box
i am not a big fan of my digitech jamman, it works find and sounds fine, but it is just a bitch to mess around with.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/