Page 1 of 4
Inspired by an off topic discussion (spearheaded by Ali) in that weirdo's thread about his date with the "pop djent" girl.

Is it the serious, deep, intellectually stimulating discussions? The terribad threads that are just asking to be shit on (see above)? The overall attitude of "idk idc tbh" (I personally can't stand this fence sitting laid-back bullshit)?

Or perhaps we are a community of people who are bound together by a shared amazement of a handful of users who constantly generate stupid-ass threads and terrible posts which we find amusing?
Lonely people (because why would you post here if you didn't want to interact with anyone)
cat
from what I've seen it's moaning about the Pit
Death comes as the harsh victory of the law of our ancestors over the dimension of our becoming ~monsieur dupont, Nihilist Communism

please listen to Dingo and TRON MAXIMUM !!
Quote by guitarxo
Lonely people (because why would you post here if you didn't want to interact with anyone)

You're all robots, so I'm off the hook with any 'wanting to interact with people' shit.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Thinly veiled sadness, a mildly questionable sense of humour and a shared interest in a creatively dead instrument.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Really unnecessary amounts of self-reflection.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Banjocal
Thinly veiled sadness, a mildly questionable sense of humour and a shared interest in a creatively dead instrument.

I was not aware that macbook pros have maxed out their creative potential

jk
Weird people with weird reputations. Baby Joel is the accidental killjoy, Erik is the on purpose killjoy, Sam is the middle ground killjoy, Orson is the drunk killjoy, Ali is the SJW killjoy, gg is the depressive, self pitying killjoy, and I'm the voraphile.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
It's the place to dick around.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Bondage
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
shitposts
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by The_Blode
People who talk out of their a holes and proclaim to be nice and polite, intelligent and witty all at the same time whilst jumping on every bandwagon going with moist lips wrapped around the ringleader's deriere...craving the acceptance and seeking validation from strangers to try and hide the fact that they're dumb and horrible people who care only for themselves...and do not work or go outside and have this forum as their homepage...slapsy...I don't include you in any of this...just so you're aware. You've got my respect. The people know who they are. Where did the edge go in this place? There are no characters here...I'm the last of a great bastion of users who were themselves, spoke freely and had a good time. The whole forum is full of contrived bs that I'm just not giving the time of day to.

Wouldn't really class the above as a defining feature...let alone a feature...but that begs the question...is there even a defining feature? I think not...but that's just my two cents.

You sure complain a lot.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Eastwinn
wrap your moist lips around it

Please, continue.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by The_Blode
Baa baa baa baa

Get a load of this sheep
Quote by Banjocal at #33554109

dude...
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Eastwinn

putting the ass back in "great bastion" im all puckered up bro
Quote by E7#9
Get a load of this sheep

Baa baa blode sheep have you any wool?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by The_Blode at #33554198
People who talk out of their a holes and proclaim to be nice and polite, intelligent and witty all at the same time whilst jumping on every bandwagon going with moist lips wrapped around the ringleader's deriere...craving the acceptance and seeking validation from strangers to try and hide the fact that they're dumb and horrible people who care only for themselves...and do not work or go outside and have this forum as their homepage...slapsy...I don't include you in any of this...just so you're aware. You've got my respect. The people know who they are. Where did the edge go in this place? There are no characters here...I'm the last of a great bastion of users who were themselves, spoke freely and had a good time. The whole forum is full of contrived bs that I'm just not giving the time of day to.

Wouldn't really class the above as a defining feature...let alone a feature...but that begs the question...is there even a defining feature? I think not...but that's just my two cents.

That's cold dude
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by ErikLensherr at #33554110
Really unnecessary amounts of self-reflection.

That's a really good question and I can't think of a good enough answer. It's a community. Its defining features are going to change over time (and will depend on the different sub-communities within).

Mostly people are focusing on the negative, but we're all still here. It can't just be "the lolz" or "trolling" or something because you can get that anywhere else.

I think deep down, The Pit likes itself.
Quote by The_Blode at #33554198
The whole forum is full of contrived bs that I'm just not giving the time of day to.

What's contrived is your delusion of being a free-speaking live-in-the-moment type. Don't let the door hit ya.
Quote by Bladez22
dude...

you'll get there, champ
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Eastwinn

Don't forget the Astroglide...to prevent chaffing of course.
Quote by The_Blode at #33554414
Dude, you're hardly an advocate of free thinking...you're just trying to score with some chick on here who is not interested.

Oh god, tell me more about this. No sarcasm. Please, please explain in detail.
Page 1 of 4