I've had a buzzing on my strings for the past month and have been researching ways to remedy this and most leads say to adjust the action. However when I went to take a look, my saddles do not have the screws on them necessary to do so. My question is, do I need to replace them or is there another way to adjust it?
Can you take a photo? I've never seen Strat saddles without action adjustment.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Sorry, man, I can't access that file. Any chance you could put it on photobucket or imgur or something?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
You have adjustment forward and backward by the cap screws on the back of the saddles. As far as height goes im not so sure on that partucular bridge as im not familiar. In hindsight i think its just like a tune o matic in that height is adjusted just by the two pivot screws.
Last edited by Dick Savage at Aug 18, 2015,
Oh wow, that's pretty neat.

Yeah, the two screws at the front of the bridge, in front of the 1st and 6th saddles will adjust your action. Assuming it's like a modern Floyd in this respect (I'm not sure it is though) you'll want to loosen the strings before turning those screws.

As I understand, this is what the really old Floyd Roses looked like, and your intonation adjustment is on the bottom of the bridge, or something bizarre to that effect - which, from what I've seen, is every bit as inconvenient as you may imagine. The big screws on the back of the saddles are for clamping the strings in place, like a modern Floyd rose, so I don't recommend doing too much with them unless you want to change strings.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Oh wow, that's pretty neat.

Yeah, the two screws at the front of the bridge, in front of the 1st and 6th saddles will adjust your action. Assuming it's like a modern Floyd in this respect (I'm not sure it is though) you'll want to loosen the strings before turning those screws.

As I understand, this is what the really old Floyd Roses looked like, and your intonation adjustment is on the bottom of the bridge, or something bizarre to that effect - which, from what I've seen, is every bit as inconvenient as you may imagine. The big screws on the back of the saddles are for clamping the strings in place, like a modern Floyd rose, so I don't recommend doing too much with them unless you want to change strings.

Literally just noticed those were locking saddles Lol.

That is incredibly neat looking though right?
Quote by Dick Savage
That is incredibly neat looking though right?

Yup, really cool design, though I can't imagine setting it up is much fun. Still, nobody ever said Floyds were meant to be easy...

Did a bit more research; this is called the Fender Deluxe Locking Bridge and the intonation screws look like this:

As I understand it they work much like a modern, double locking Floyd in that you loosen the string, loosen the hex screw, shift the saddle manually and tighten the hex screw again.

From what I've seen, these things are getting rare nowadays, and those who don't loathe them think they're seriously the dog's bollocks.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Aug 18, 2015,
Wow I never even thought to check there, thanks for the help I was planning on getting new strings soon anyways
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Yup, really cool design, though I can't imagine setting it up is much fun. Still, nobody ever said Floyds were meant to be easy...

Did a bit more research; this is called the Fender Deluxe Locking Bridge and the intonation screws look like this:

As I understand it they work much like a modern, double locking Floyd in that you loosen the string, loosen the hex screw, shift the saddle manually and tighten the hex screw again.

From what I've seen, these things are getting rare nowadays, and those who don't loathe them think they're seriously the dog's bollocks.

Floyds are definitely not easy. And that thing is neat but it looks like a nightmare tbh.
This is what mine looks like. I'm going to have to find a guitar tech nearby who is skilled because if I tried I'd end up messing it up lol

Yea man it really does look like no fun at all. How exactly is a man supposed to get to those cap screws anyway??
I'd guess it has to do with the big angry looking screw in the middle of the sustain block, but yeah, find a tech and have him show you how it works so you can save yourself the money in future.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'd guess it has to do with the big angry looking screw in the middle of the sustain block, but yeah, find a tech and have him show you how it works so you can save yourself the money in future.

But if you have to remove the block how the hell do you keep tension on the strings to check your adjustment?? If you have to reattach it and tune up after every incremential adjustment, that would be just plain filthy!!
I doubt it's that much trouble, but there doesn't seem to be much info about on what the process is. Hell, I'm pretty sure that there's probably something like the 3rd decent sized photo of the bottom of one of these bridges on the internet.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Id say so...but for the moment im glad i don't have one!

I have a superstrat project i still havent finished because i dont feel like messing with a floyd!! They anger me.