i'm so used to playing guitar after being amped up on caffeine. caffeine gives me that spark and happiness when i feel dull, and guitar playing seems so fun on it. It's been a couple of days since i've quit and i feel very tired with no energy, and really dont want to do anything, so i dont want to play guitar either.

have you any of you guys quit caffeine? what was the effect on playing music?

Will i get the same desire to play once i'm completely independent of caffeine? im so tempted to just give up and drink coffee so i can get that intense desire to play.

this has always happened like 3 times in the past when i tried to quit, but ive never gone past 5 days.
Last edited by musicandthewave at Aug 17, 2015,
listen to better music, or find some that moves you. something you'd want to play and listen to, or quit
Withdrawal can take quite some time to recover from. It's doubtful that a person can do it independently (I mean without social support/distractions). At no point is it an enjoyable process.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
You're just suffering from withdrawal.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Even hopped up on caffeine I'm practically a zombie, if I tried quitting I'd probably just slip into cryo sleep
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
natural caffeine is good for you. Unless it's a medical reason, I don't get why people are so scared of it. A cup of coffee or 2 a day is beneficial.
Quote by pressureproject
natural caffeine is good for you. Unless it's a medical reason, I don't get why people are so scared of it. A cup of coffee or 2 a day is beneficial.

Take any 'study' you read about that with a pinch of salt.

There are so many confounding variables in lifestyle that isolating a single factor is impossible outside of lab conditions.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quitting caffeine, or at least breaking your reliance on it is great. For years, I had caffeine headaches if I didn't have any daily. It's definitely tough, like breaking any habit or addiction, but it's such an amazing feeling when you're independent. Also, it may help to slowly decrease your intake, rather than stop suddenly if you've had problems before quitting.
123 Repeater
Repeater
123 Repeater
Repeater
You need to find something else to motivate you. Caffeine shouldn't be the only reason you pick up your guitar.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
Look up 5-HTP

Your seratonin lvls will need adjusting for a few weeks but youll be fine
Not caffeine but benzodiazepines and alcohol. Its..... yeah. I think I stopped playing for about a year. I'm finally starting again. Addiction is huge, quitting is huge, etc. You will relapse, you will spend whole days in bed, you will feel like you aren't making any progress, I know <3

The best advice I can give, I think, is write a song about how you can't get motivated :P
Death comes as the harsh victory of the law of our ancestors over the dimension of our becoming ~monsieur dupont, Nihilist Communism

please listen to Dingo and TRON MAXIMUM !!
I find that that not drinking caffeine is basically impossible for me so I just to drink sodas in moderation. I usually aim for like 5 or less a week.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.