hi , excuse me but i wanted to ask . I have a budget that allows me to buy a BOSS GT10 and an Ibanez RGR 270Dx , or i can get a boss me 25 and Ibanez RG 320 FM tl .
if you were at my position what would you chose and why ?
thank you
What are you trying to accomplish?
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
What are you trying to accomplish?

i'm trying to have the greatest gears with my budget .
I'd save up.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Quote by Archer250
I'd save up.

+1
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
Quote by madoelodie
i'm trying to have the greatest gears with my budget .

Not what I meant, I mean what are you going to use it for? I can say that saving up is the best idea, but maybe there is something better.

What's your budget?

Willing to go used?

Are you in the U.S., Europe, Asia, etc.

What type of music (specifically, metal for example can be Mastodon or Behemoth or Motley Crüe)?

What do you have now?

Help us help you
Quote by dementiacaptain
Not what I meant, I mean what are you going to use it for? I can say that saving up is the best idea, but maybe there is something better.

What's your budget?

Willing to go used?

Are you in the U.S., Europe, Asia, etc.

What type of music (specifically, metal for example can be Mastodon or Behemoth or Motley Crüe)?

What do you have now?

Help us help you

well my friend i don't have a lot of choices when it comes to buy guitars or multit effects in here .i'm from algeria (africa) , i like metal music (arch enemy , all that remains ,trivium ) those are my favorit bands.
i didn't play guitar since 3 years (had my reasons ) and now i have a yamaha erg 121c in a very bad shape , a korg ax5g.
To get any decent advice you'll have to mention what your intent is for this gear. Recording? Practice? Gigs? Everything? Are you using an amp in conjunction with the effects? These are important considerations.

I use a Gt-10 and would be lost without it, but it is very specific to my routing and external effect needs, which are gratuitous. I control 3 amps branching out at various points from the GT, along with a digital out to my recording rig. One branch to my main amp comes out early in the effect chain through an xp-100 in to the amp, the dry out of the XP goes into a Whammy 4 with the wet out going back the the GT. Then I still have the stereo outputs, the digital output, the dry output from the Whammy, and a configurable headphone out to route wherever. I can use the looper through two different amps with a pitch-shifted bass in one and a guitar synth through the other and a clean sound in the middle. I like options obviously, and have a warehouse with a jam space where this lives. My gig rig is much smaller, but still GT and tube amp based.

Those are my needs and it works for me. It took YEARS of swearing I was going to sell the GT because I hated it, to me actually learning how to use it right and getting great sounds with it. It's very possible.

The point of all this is if you're just looking to play through some effects into headphones in your bedroom the opinions you have solicited will vary. Include some more pertinent info as to your goals. Owning a guitar that you love to play is paramount to any other consideration so maybe start there.
NINJA'D. The GT-10 alone will frustrate the hell out of you trying to achieve a decent metal tone, it is its biggest short coming. The ME-50 will get you much closer to what you want.
Quote by hemiola
To get any decent advice you'll have to mention what your intent is for this gear. Recording? Practice? Gigs? Everything? Are you using an amp in conjunction with the effects? These are important considerations.

I use a Gt-10 and would be lost without it, but it is very specific to my routing and external effect needs, which are gratuitous. I control 3 amps branching out at various points from the GT, along with a digital out to my recording rig. One branch to my main amp comes out early in the effect chain through an xp-100 in to the amp, the dry out of the XP goes into a Whammy 4 with the wet out going back the the GT. Then I still have the stereo outputs, the digital output, the dry output from the Whammy, and a configurable headphone out to route wherever. I can use the looper through two different amps with a pitch-shifted bass in one and a guitar synth through the other and a clean sound in the middle. I like options obviously, and have a warehouse with a jam space where this lives. My gig rig is much smaller, but still GT and tube amp based.

Those are my needs and it works for me. It took YEARS of swearing I was going to sell the GT because I hated it, to me actually learning how to use it right and getting great sounds with it. It's very possible.

The point of all this is if you're just looking to play through some effects into headphones in your bedroom the opinions you have solicited will vary. Include some more pertinent info as to your goals. Owning a guitar that you love to play is paramount to any other consideration so maybe start there.

well what u said helped a lot now i will think about what i really want then i will ask the right question next time : )
Quote by madoelodie
well my friend i don't have a lot of choices when it comes to buy guitars or multit effects in here .i'm from algeria (africa) , i like metal music (arch enemy , all that remains ,trivium ) those are my favorit bands.
i didn't play guitar since 3 years (had my reasons ) and now i have a yamaha erg 121c in a very bad shape , a korg ax5g.

Do you have a site that you can link that you can shop from perhaps? What kind of budget do you have?