First off, a brief intro - I'm not new to the game, but I'm getting back in after a very long hiatus. I play mainly just classic rock and blues and late-70's to 80's hard rock (not much metal at all). I have an Epi Les Paul standard and a MIM Strat that I've had since the late 1990's/early 2K's. I quit playing due to our son being born and having to work two jobs for a while. Before I knew it, I had sold all of my equipment (aside from the two guitars I mentioned) and hadn't even strummed a guitar in nearly a decade. Two Christmases ago my brother bought me a Fender Mustang II modeling amp to try and get me playing again. I have slowly been getting back into playing (when my work and family schedule have permitted) and have made great progress over the last 6 months, so much so that I've decided to expand on my equipment a bit. I was considering looking at a better amp, but to be honest, the Mustang is a surprisingly nice amp. It's plenty loud for at home play and the on-board effects are pretty nice (especially when you tap into the Fender Fuse PC stuff), but I'm looking for something a little more dynamic and something with a little more options. I remember owning a Zoom pedal back in the day and HATING the way it sounded, especially up against my old pedal board, but times have changed and it seems that they have made great strides with the way these things sound, so much so that I've decided to give one a whirl (as opposed to spending $1000+ to reacquire all of my old pedals).

I was looking at a Digitech RP-500, a Boss Me-25, or MAYBE the Boss Me-80/Digitech RP-1000. I also looked into getting a Boss Gt-10 or a Vox Tonelab LE second hand. So, basically, my budgets about $200 to $300. Does anyone have any thoughts on these or can someone suggest something better? The main reason I'm interested in one of these rigs is the wide versatility to dial in some pretty specific tones that would require me to have a pretty damn large pedal board setup otherwise (for example - Gilmour's tones from Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall, EVH's Brown Sound, and some of SRV's tones - espcially for 'Lenny', among other stuff).

Just to clarify, I'm not a gigging musician, I just love to learn and recreate my favorite tunes as closely and accurately to the original recordings as possible.
For Gilmour, Jeff Beck, Clapton, Jimi, SRV, The Edge, a Vox Tonelab LE is a pretty good choice. I have one and use it on stuff but don't often gig with it. For heavier tones like Metalica, Pantera, Maiden, Slayer it is probably not the best choice and the Pod tends to handle high gain much better.

Best of both worlds for me is to run the guitar into my Mesa and put the Tonelab in the effects loop. Mesa preamp tone is hard to beat and the Tonelab really shines with it's reverb, tap delay, chorus, flange, phase, and rotary speaker effects. It covers a lot of classic specialty pedals very well.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Thanks for the reply. I picked a Vox Tonelab LE up on Ebay today for $120! Got one of the ones I was really looking heavily at and saved a ton of money in the process! Can't wait to get it and start tweaking! The main thing that drew me to it was all of the positive reviews about its amp modeling capabilities since I'll be playing it through a Fender Mustang combo for the time being, but definitely planning on picking up a better amp at some point down the road. Until then, the LE will be used in the front, but I'm sure I wont be disappointed.
Jack, if you like the Fender Mustang, when you next explore expanding your Amp and FX options, consider upgrading to a Mustang v2 III 1x12 (or even possibly Mustang v2 IV 2x12) with the Optional EXP-1 Pedal and 4 btn fsw (included w/ the MIV). The Pedal accessory nicely expands the options, and you mentioned you are already familiar with FUSE.!
Mustang v2 III/IV●EXP-1●FUSE●REMUDA●Yamaha THR10C
Epi LP Florentine Pro●LP Cstm Pros●LP PlusTop Pro●Sheraton-II Pro
Cstm Strat Vntg Noiseless●Guild D-55
So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps