Poll Options
View poll results: have you?
yeah
22 47%
nah
25 53%
Voters: 47.
Page 1 of 2
I have a case in less than 18 hours regarding a traffic ticket so I've been prepping all day/procrastinating on ug

what do pit?

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
yeah sure

last time I was in court was for a mock trial thing back in middle school

the cringe

Quote by Pastafarian96
no but really I preformed a california stop/rolling stop while trying to get to chem on time

sirens, pulled over. he didn't tell me why just asked for license & registration and if I had any illegal drugs in the car. I had weed on me but I've got my rec so I didn't even say yeah I got drugs.

right so the reason I believe I have a chance is because the cop was parked rather far and downhill for him to get a complete view. so I'm taking photographs and whatnot. there's usually no cops in the area but apparently the day before the cops screwed up and like unjustly hurt somebody.

Quote by Pastafarian96
Last edited by M00NAGEDAYDREAM at Aug 18, 2015,
Not many places I truly hate but court is one of them. Even when I win I feel dirty.
Court and hospitals... aaaak!

Lots of online advice for beating your ticket or getting a reduced fine. Officer-no-show is your get out of jail free card and it will get dismissed. Good luck!
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
teach me your ways

current best case scenario is an officer no show.

Quote by Pastafarian96
My friend got a speeding ticket and the time was printed 4 AM instead of 4 PM and it got dismissed.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM at #33557101
teach me your ways

current best case scenario is an officer no show.

This is how I won.

I brought pictures I took of the entrance to the forest I was in to show the judge that there weren't any "no trespassing" signs. He was a dumbass though and wasn't getting it. My luck payed off though, $450 is a ridiculous fine for something so stupid.
You can increase you chances of an no-show by rescheduling your court date.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Get your balls out and ask the judge if they are the balls of a guilty man.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
you're gonna get raped in prison
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Just remember, if you don't leap out of your seat and yell "objectIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!" at least once(the last syllable should be an octave up from the rest of the word), then you have failed.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I was planning on fighting a DWI I got back in 2011. Didn't have the money for trial and was initially denied a court appointed. Went through numerous offers from the DA before we settled. Kind of glad it didn't go to trial actually because the deal I accepted wasn't too bad, charge was dismissed in the end.
Or, since you did what you got stopped for, you could simply be honest, pay the fine and move on.

I wonder, when did "getting away with it" become the "in" thing?

A person that's dishonest about a minor traffic violation is probably dishonest in other, and perhaps more meaningful, places in their life.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
If you can't handle the implications, don't do the minor traffic violation
The closest i've been to court is my exes parents place after sexytime. Definitely felt like I was on trial.
GEEYUR :

X) Schecter Tempest Custom f/w SD SH-6

X) Ibanez RG321MH f/w SD SH-11

X) AMT Pangea CP-100 ( AWWW YIS )

X) Line 6 POD HD 500X

When you licky-bum-bum so hard you get sticky num-nums.
How did it go, M00NAGEDAYDREAM, did you get life in prison?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
A "rolling stop" aka not stopping.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
aww yeah case dismissed officer no show

Quote by Arby911 at #33557482
Or, since you did what you got stopped for, you could simply be honest, pay the fine and move on.

I wonder, when did "getting away with it" become the "in" thing?

A person that's dishonest about a minor traffic violation is probably dishonest in other, and perhaps more meaningful, places in their life.

I wouldn't consider it an "in" thing

people have their reasons. my reason is that I am first generation low income level starving student living out of the seat of my pocket while paying for college and other things so I can't spare the fine

by the way cops are assholes. I was talking to this one guy who received a ticket for going 34 in a 35 area. I saw his ticket and everything. utter bullshit. his officer was a no show too.

Quote by Pastafarian96
Last edited by M00NAGEDAYDREAM at Aug 20, 2015,
>>traffic ticket
>>trial

lol. guy is shitting bricks over a traffic hearing
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM

people have their reasons. my reason is that I am first generation low income level starving student living out of the seat of my pocket while paying for college and other things so I can't spare the fine

by the way cops are assholes. I was talking to this one guy who received a ticket for going 34 in a 35 area. I saw his ticket and everything. utter bullshit. his officer was a no show too.

Your allegation that being poor is a valid excuse to commit a traffic offense isn't very compelling. If you can't afford it, you shouldn't have done it. It really is that simple.

34 in a 35 is clearly not a crime, I'm calling bullshit.

Some cops are indeed assholes, but you don't get to use that as an excuse, since you've already admitted to the infraction in question.

I don't think your minor traffic violation is a particularly big deal, but your attitude about it is.

In any case, good for you, let's hope you've at least learned something, and that it wasn't "do what you want, the cops won't show up anyway".
Charles Darwin
Quote by -tempest-
i was at court in june, it was boring sat there all day and my charges were dropped.

Sounds like you received a just punishment...
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911 at #33559469
Your allegation that being poor is a valid excuse to commit a traffic offense isn't very compelling. If you can't afford it, you shouldn't have done it. It really is that simple.

34 in a 35 is clearly not a crime, I'm calling bullshit.

Some cops are indeed assholes, but you don't get to use that as an excuse, since you've already admitted to the infraction in question.

I don't think your minor traffic violation is a particularly big deal, but your attitude about it is.

In any case, good for you, let's hope you've at least learned something, and that it wasn't "do what you want, the cops won't show up anyway".

hey look how I say reason

Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM at #33559410

and not excuse. that would be incredibly ignorant. and you can call bullshit on that 34 in a 35 but I saw the ticket. either way his officer didn't show up because it isn't a crime and its total bullshit. and I don't understand this "attitude" you're perceiving.

listen I understand you're an older dude who believes he's entitled to dishing advice to younger generations because you probably genuinely care for the better in any given situation and that's respectable and all but you don't have to be a prick about it

Quote by Acϵ♠ at #33559456
>>traffic ticket
>>trial

lol. guy is shitting bricks over a traffic hearing

>>

you're such a tryhard

Quote by Pastafarian96
Last edited by M00NAGEDAYDREAM at Aug 21, 2015,
Page 1 of 2