Does anyone know a good place to buy a steel or metal kind of hair comb? I currently use a basic plastic one but I remember whenever I get my hair cut, my barber uses some fancy looking steel one that combs the shit out of my hair and it just feels like it does a better job than the flimsy plastic ones? I don't want to buy some chinese one from ebay because I'm always skeptical of shit that comes from some dude named xijangpingxishu with like 2 feedback and shit.

looking for one that looks like this kind:

but in metal. does anyone have a recommendation? barbers always comb hair better than I do and it feels like its the kind of comb
pinga
protip: plastic doesn't break, metal doesn (in context of comb). You drop a metal comb on tiling or linoleum or basically anything, the comb will break. Plastic never does that. You might need to just get a new comb, as the old one might start wearing down.

so yeah, i mean you totally can go with metal. Be very very very careful with it though.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
The pit doesnt groom.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I looked up steel combs on Amazon and it was just dog combs. Hit up Petco I guess.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Rossenrot
Consider a wood comb. They don't bend and they don't produce static.

do wood combs get dull like plastic ones?

Quote by Baby Joel
protip: plastic doesn't break, metal doesn (in context of comb). You drop a metal comb on tiling or linoleum or basically anything, the comb will break. Plastic never does that. You might need to just get a new comb, as the old one might start wearing down.

so yeah, i mean you totally can go with metal. Be very very very careful with it though.

i dont plan on traveling with it, i only use mine in the bathroom after a shower and before going out.

however, static? i don't remember static when the barber combs my hair
pinga
Last edited by Cb4rabid at Aug 19, 2015,
Quote by Baby Joel

Why would a metal comb break? It doesn't need to be hardened or heat treated so it won't be brittle. Sounds like nonsense to me.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Cb4rabid
however, static? i don't remember static when the barber combs my hair

When you rub your socks on carpet and touch something plastic, what happens? Nothing. What about when you rub your socks on the carpet and touch something metal? Zap!!! Same principle applies with metal combs. You're in for a shocking experience. Hair-raising, perhaps.

Here, watch the first 12 minutes of this. It will show you all you need to know about combs.

http://youtu.be/Ka5JDlYclBg
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Aug 19, 2015,
Quote by theogonia777
When you rub your socks on carpet and touch something plastic, what happens? Nothing. What about when you rub your socks on the carpet and touch something metal? Zap!!! Same principle applies with metal combs. You're in for a shocking experience. Hair-raising, perhaps.

except i don't have carpet. and im quite aware of the existence of friction and static but I mean I legitimately have never experienced static from having my hair combed by a metal brush

also it looks like im going to buy a chicago comb. it's a lot more thn I was originally willing to spend but they look nice and you can tell they're the real deal, not made out of melted down bicycle spokes from china
pinga
Your hair is the carpet, even if you're not wearing a rug yet.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
That's why I said "even if you're not wearing a rug yet", Lamont.
Quote by Arby911
Why would a metal comb break? It doesn't need to be hardened or heat treated so it won't be brittle. Sounds like nonsense to me.

yeah, i'm a goof. one said they beak, a lot said they don't, and apparently a buch of people endorse them

so there we go ts. i am a liar and a badman good luck thouhg
it's all coming back

meh i felt like splurging. i bought the comb for $37 and paid for a nice leather sheath because i realized that I just throw my current comb on the counter top and if i spent that much on a steel comb i probably dont want to ruin it

ill admit i feel like a tool cause i took advantage of the free engraving and I put my initials on the comb but hey whatever im already a tool for spending that much on a hair comb so i might as well go all the way
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
meh i felt like splurging.

woah tmi and settle down lad
it's all coming back

I use a plastic pick and it gets the job done
Quote by Cb4rabid at #33558637
meh i felt like splurging. i bought the comb for $37 and paid for a nice leather sheath because i realized that I just throw my current comb on the counter top and if i spent that much on a steel comb i probably dont want to ruin it

ill admit i feel like a tool cause i took advantage of the free engraving and I put my initials on the comb but hey whatever im already a tool for spending that much on a hair comb so i might as well go all the way

wow man you could have spent some of that money on subway to support jared

#selfish

edit: jk I forgot subway doesn't like jared anymroe
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Aug 19, 2015,
Quote by CL/\SH
I use a plastic pick and it gets the job done

I use a guitar pick and it doesn't.
Gotta work on your technique
no that's how you get the arthrities
Have you tried a comb filter? You can usually find them in the plug-ins next to the barber poll flanger. It's less stressful and helps to prevent arthrities. Fun fact the first case of arthrities came when a British king tried too hard to pull a sword out of a stone. While this has been popularly speculated to be a metaphor for the king getting his sword stuck in the Queens stone, many historians now believe that it was actually just a young chav from getting his comb out of his hair, much like TS. However, the chav wasn't douchey enough to get his comb engraved with his name.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Aug 19, 2015,
so following up on this, ive been using the chicago comb #3 for about two weeks

aaaaaaaand it sucks. i guess my hair is too thick for it or whatever but i feel like my cheap plastic comb with thin teeth does a better job at combing my hair. they're made for people with thinner hair and beards. it looks really nice but it's not worth the money for anybody with thick hair
pinga
Quote by Momentosis
The pit doesnt groom.

have you seen me

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Cb4rabid

aaaaaaaand it sucks. i guess my hair is too thick for it or whatever but i feel like my cheap plastic comb with thin teeth does a better job at combing my hair. they're made for people with thinner hair and beards. it looks really nice but it's not worth the money for anybody with thick hair

ahahaha.

dork
Quote by Cb4rabid at #33580383

I am looking up this chicago comb thing and it isn't even for your head at all, it seems to be made with only beards in mind

Edit: Nevermind, they have more than just that one comb apparently, makes sense
But yea, even in the pictures the bristles look huge
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Sep 3, 2015,
Quote by Cb4rabid

You didn't watch the video. That's why this all happened.
Man, this is one depressing thread. TS spend 40 dollars on a comb that ended up being worse than the shitty plastic one he had previously. Now he has a useless metal comb with his initials engraved on it.

That is some sad shit.

Good luck TS, I hope you find happiness elsewhere.
Quote by SikNsydistiK
Man, this is one depressing thread. TS spend 40 dollars on a comb that ended up being worse than the shitty plastic one he had previously. Now he has a useless metal comb with his initials engraved on it.

That is some sad shit.

Good luck TS, I hope you find happiness elsewhere.

and because i got it engraved, i can't return it :,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(
pinga