A few months ago I got a cat, which necessitated moving my laptop from my end table to the floor behind the end table. Believe it or not, this gave me tennis elbow. Hurts like hell, had it for months now, doc says if I'm not careful it could lead to permanent damage.

Problem is, I can't play with this. Haven't touched my guitar since May, and it's driving me nuts. Worse, I can't play Call of Duty, too much stress on the tendons.

Anyone got advice on dealing with Tennis Elbow? I wear a brace just below the elbow now, with an ice pack above the elbow a couple times a day. Things don't seem to be getting better and I'm getting frustrated.
Get your doctor to refer to you to a proper physiotherapist. This is a serious injury and on no account should you be taking medical advice from a bunch of random people online. Seriously. See a professional and ask them what to do.

If you can't do that because you're in the US and can't afford it or your health insurance doesn't cover it or whatever... suck it up and deal with it. Do not take chances. You don't know what might make it worse so do what your doctor said and be careful.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Aug 19, 2015,
You misunderstand. I'm following the doctor's orders. I'm just looking for things that worked for others.
I had elbow issues but on the inner side (ulner nerve). It was trapped and I ended up having to have my nerve re-located to fix it.

As Zaphod was suggesting, sometimes it is worth seeing another doctor or pushing it yourself.
I'm in Oz and had to pay for my operation in the end. If I had waited for the health service then it would have been an extra 8-9 months which may have seen my muscle wastage beyond repair.
Quote by Snotnose
You misunderstand. I'm following the doctor's orders. I'm just looking for things that worked for others.

No, you misunderstand:

Other people, people who are not healthcare professionals, might be able to suggest treatments... but they don't know why they worked, only that they did for them. Your problem may very well be the same as theirs... but if it's some variation then something that worked for them could make your problem worse. Very easily in fact. Your doctor already says that doing anything too strenuous could cause permanent damage; so please, for your own sake, don't risk it by taking advice from anyone other than a provably qualified professional.

Do not take treatment advice from random people. Please do not solicit said advice. Either go and see someone who is certified in the kind of care that you need or do nothing. This is your health at risk here, why would you want to put that in the hands of people who, broadly speaking, have no idea what they're doing?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
No, you misunderstand:

Other people, people who are not healthcare professionals, might be able to suggest treatments... but they don't know why they worked, only that they did for them. Your problem may very well be the same as theirs... but if it's some variation then something that worked for them could make your problem worse. Very easily in fact. Your doctor already says that doing anything too strenuous could cause permanent damage; so please, for your own sake, don't risk it by taking advice from anyone other than a provably qualified professional.

Do not take treatment advice from random people. Please do not solicit said advice. Either go and see someone who is certified in the kind of care that you need or do nothing. This is your health at risk here, why would you want to put that in the hands of people who, broadly speaking, have no idea what they're doing?

+1. Especially what worked for some could worsen you. Also one doctor may have some diagnosis or advice for something that they may have rarely dealt with, and the next doctor you see knows exactly what's wrong. You can never take chances when it comes to health issues.