Page 1 of 4
Do you ever think about your mortality? What do you think about death, and being dead someday?

It's been on my mind a lot lately. Not because anyone close to me has died, or because I'm depressed and/or thinking about suicide. It's just been something I can't stop thinking about.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
I remember as a kid having a really good day and then going to bed and crying myself to sleep because I knew I was going to die one day.

Jesus I was more messed up then I remember.
I want to die old so I can see flying cars and hoverboards become a reality or w/e. But to answer the question, nah, I'm sort of busy worrying about stuff happening now in my life. I don't want to die young because I haven't done shit with my life yet so there's that.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Last edited by Cardbored at Aug 20, 2015,
Quote by Cardbored
I want to die old so I can see flying cars and hoverboards become a reality or w/e. But to answer the question, nah, I'm sort of busy worrying about stuff happening now in my life.

for a while they were the same thing for me.

No more though thankfully
Quote by Pastafarian96
I remember as a kid having a really good day and then going to bed and crying myself to sleep because I knew I was going to die one day.

Jesus I was more messed up then I remember.

I remember telling my dad that at night I'd use to uncontrollably swear at God in my head and was worried I'd go to hell for it.

Lol.

Yeah I think about death sometimes. Fortunately for me that will only happen if someone manages to decapitate me.
“Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die. .... we're all gonna die, come watch TV”
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Fatality
Finish him
Babality
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Cardbored at #33558732
I want to die old so I can see flying cars and hoverboards become a reality or w/e. But to answer the question, nah, I'm sort of busy worrying about stuff happening now in my life. I don't want to die young because I haven't done shit with my life yet so there's that.

I'm generally too busy trying to make something of myself too, so I haven't thought about it at all in my adult life. Out of nowhere I've been overcome with thoughts about death and what it'll be like to be dead (I won't BE but yk what I mean lol) and finally decided I'd ask the pit about their thoughts on it
I actively try to avoid thinking about all that existential mumbo jumbo honestly. I like living :-)
Quote by MinterMan22 at #33558755
I actively try to avoid thinking about all that existential mumbo jumbo honestly. I like living :-)

Me too :-D
I had some brushes with death and for the most part I think I've come to accept it.

On a related note...have you guys ever thought how mind blowing that you're...YOU...and not someone else? By that I mean, your consciousness is isolated to you alone and it's not anyone else's...

Lately it's not my own death that I'm saddened about, but rather that someday, humanity will cease to exist, and all the art masterpieces it created can no longer be enjoyed or acknowledged.

PS... did you know that perceived time travels faster as you age because of logarithmic perception? Basically, when you're 10 and you think about the past year, that's a huge chunk of your life...1 in 10. But when you're 80 and you think about the past year? That's only 1 in 80. This means that in terms of temporal perception, the middle of your life when you're 80 feels like 20-30. We're halfway dead already...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by xTURTLENECKx
if you haven't accomplished your goals by then, will you ever?

uh...yes?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi at #33558771
I had some brushes with death and for the most part I think I've come to accept it.

On a related note...have you guys ever thought how mind blowing that you're...YOU...and not someone else? By that I mean, your consciousness is isolated to you alone and it's not anyone else's...
as far as we know

Lately it's not my own death that I'm saddened about, but rather that someday, humanity will cease to exist, and all the art masterpieces it created can no longer be enjoyed or acknowledged.

PS... did you know that perceived time travels faster as you age because of logarithmic perception? Basically, when you're 10 and you think about the past year, that's a huge chunk of your life...1 in 10. But when you're 80 and you think about the past year? That's only 1 in 80. This means that in terms of temporal perception, the middle of your life when you're 80 feels like 20-30. We're halfway dead already...
yeah that sucks ass

I've been aware of that like subconsciously for awhile now, I've always noticed that even each day now goes by much more quickly than when I was a kid when long afternoons felt like forever. Christmas seems to creep up on me unawares each year; when I was a kid waiting for Christmas to come was agonizingly slow
Last edited by CL/\SH at Aug 20, 2015,
Quote by xTURTLENECKx
i think 29 is a good age to die. if you haven't accomplished your goals by then, will you ever?

"live to age 90"

Going past 29 is sort of imperative in that.
Quote by MinterMan22

If done right (non-nihilisticly), its supposed to be life affirming
I think about death/suicide every 15 seconds lol. I am more mentally fucked than I let on and right now I have this big ass bumb on my face from beating the shit out of myself LOL.
Good thing I don't :420blazeit: anymore. This thread would've given me a panic attack.
\

first part: yeah I've thought about that too and that makes me sadder than my own death without a doubt.

second part: woah
You can jump into Beauvoir's Ethics of Ambiguity or Heidegger's Being and Time and all that if you really wanna go down the rabbit hole, but in B&T, mortality is just a part of existence. Dasein (Being-there) knows this will happen, and dreams of having your brain/memories/etc uploaded into a robot and being immortal is an inauthentic means of being.

You should anticipate death, but the German translation of anticipate isn't meant to mean to 'dwell' on it (just acknowledge it). Temporality etc etc
Quote by slipknot5678
I think about death/suicide every 15 seconds lol. I am more mentally fucked than I let on and right now I have this big ass bumb on my face from beating the shit out of myself LOL.

Quote by Fat Lard

I did it incorrectly for a very long time and it led me to become narrowminded and shortsighted. I think it's possible to avoid thinking about this stuff and thoroughly enjoy living. Especially lately though, I've begun to think it's necessary (for me anyways) to contemplate and process things like this in order to move forward in a positive way. I was depressed for a very long time and thinking about death never even came into that equation, interestingly enough.
Quote by Xiaoxi

yeah it's pretty awful

OT: obviously

Quote by Fat Lard

the error in this statement is that it's not life-affirming either way
Last edited by Dregen at Aug 20, 2015,
Quote by Dregen
yeah it's pretty awful

OT: obviously

idk man, that's the only thing Nietzsche was screaming about lol.

Existentialism is sobering for a purpose. (#YOLO)
Quote by Fat Lard
Existentialism is sobering for a purpose. (#YOLO)

we'll see, i guess
Quote by Xiaoxi

I don't find that saddening at all. It's a legacy that we'd leave behind. If future civilizations find it, it's our post-humous way of saying "We did it first bitches". If they don't, there's still comfort in the knowledge that our work outlives us.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Dregen
we'll see, i guess

Cheers'ing over here, to a leap out of the eternal recurrence (you know tho)
Quote by entity0009 at #33558835
I don't find that saddening at all. It's a legacy that we'd leave behind. If future civilizations find it, it's our post-humous way of saying "We did it first bitches". If they don't, there's still comfort in the knowledge that our work outlives us.

what about the heat death of the universe though?
Quote by slipknot5678

All life, human or otherwise, will end then. What importance does a single dead planet and a handful of art have against the scale of the universe?
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by slipknot5678

Even if I burn a painting, that painting still existed, even though it can never be seen again

Or maybe that's dumb lol
Quote by Dregen
maybe that's why I couldn't do it
Last edited by CL/\SH at Aug 20, 2015,
Quote by entity0009
All life, human or otherwise, will end then. What importance does a single dead planet and a handful of art have against the scale of the universe?

That doesn't ...(""matter"")... , tho

If a tree falls, does a human hear it, Humanity >= Universe, etc etc
Quote by entity0009 at #33558847

it doesn't. that's the point of what he was saying to begin with isn't it?

tbh I kind of don't care too 'cause in my mind it's more about humanity now and in a weird way I've accepted 'moments in time' to be permanent if that even makes sense.
Quote by slipknot5678

Then, I think that will be the of all things that have life.
Quote by Fat Lard
That doesn't ...(""matter"")... , tho

If a tree falls, does a human hear it, Humanity >= Universe, etc etc

Elaborate?

Quote by slipknot5678
it doesn't. that's the point of what he was saying to begin with isn't it?

tbh I kind of don't care too 'cause in my mind it's more about humanity now and in a weird way I've accepted 'moments in time' to be permanent if that even makes sense.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with what he's saying. I'm disagreeing that it should be a cause for sadness, or regret, or whatever. Shit happens and then the universe dies.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Elaborate?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with what he's saying. I'm disagreeing that it should be a cause for sadness, or regret, or whatever. Shit happens and then the universe dies.

Your scope's too big. We're humans, not gods. No noscoping
Quote by Fat Lard
Cheers'ing over here, to a leap out of the eternal recurrence (you know tho)

not really though, at least for tonight. still stuck

think i'm gonna see a therapist soon because i've progressively become more insane and out of control of my emotions. smacked my head on the cement when i was a kid tho, had some nice stitches

really though, i've expressed my fucked-up-ness so much here that no one takes me seriously. a narcissistic part of me cares about that, however i intentionally do that for that reason. better to have someone just write you off as a hackass then have them take you seriously at all

edit: hackass was meant to be jackass but the typo amused me so i kept it
Therapists help, but avoid negative, defeatist labels. They only help you, not know you
Page 1 of 4