Bought my Epiphone Annihilation V yonks ago. Got it serviced last year. My issue is my Epiphone strap lock doesn't click. So I think I have sheered the U part of the lock. I am wondering if the current stock issued by Dunlop and Fender will work universally if I unscrew the main pivot screw from my guitar? Or... Do I need the same Epiphone strap lock.

Btw - As an additional note its fun as heck to thrash on a guitar thats bust the strap lock....... for like 45 secs of uncontrollable fury... and then... Well help is appreciated on the above.
Dean MAB1. Epiphone Annihilation V. EVH 5150III. Orange PPC112. Earthquaker devices - The Warden, Arrows, Acapulco Gold, Levitation, Night Wire. TS9, DD3, GE7, NS2, LS2, Polytune mini, Small Stone. SM57. Focusrite. LINUX!
if it is Schaller style (which most fender locks are) you can get one of these, they are cheaper and I have had no issues at all (they come in black,chrome,gold)
www.ebay.com/itm/Nickel-Replacement-Buttons-for-Schaller-and-Schaller-Style-Strap-Lock-/111746281052?hash=item1a0498ee5c

I have ordered lots from that seller and always get my items very fast
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Aug 20, 2015,
My Epiphone 1960 Tribute Plus came with the Epi strap locks. I think they suck. I used them for a few months and just took them off and put on Schaller's like my other guitars. You can't tell if they are locked or not. I don't trust them.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
I wouldn't bother trying to salvage the existing locks. Put on a set of Dunlops or Schallers and buy a set for every guitar you own while you're at it and you'll thank me later.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
i will throw a huge +1 to scraping them and going to schaller.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I wouldn't bother trying to salvage the existing locks. Put on a set of Dunlops or Schallers and buy a set for every guitar you own while you're at it and you'll thank me later.

+1
Every single one of my guitars I have ever had has had dunlops on them.
Never a problem.
The only issue you may have is the screw size. I had to get a larger screw for one guitar when I put new locks on.
96 MIJ Jackson
Charvel DC 1 FR
PRS SE Custom 24
Yamaha FG730S
DIY acoustic
DIY mockingbird
Peavey classic 50 2x12
Quote by eoj02
The only issue you may have is the screw size. I had to get a larger screw for one guitar when I put new locks on.

That's actually a good thing.

The bigger screw will require a lot more force to be pulled out of the wood, so it makes the whole thing more secure.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Dunlop or Schallers sounds like a good choice then.

Cheers.
Dean MAB1. Epiphone Annihilation V. EVH 5150III. Orange PPC112. Earthquaker devices - The Warden, Arrows, Acapulco Gold, Levitation, Night Wire. TS9, DD3, GE7, NS2, LS2, Polytune mini, Small Stone. SM57. Focusrite. LINUX!