Page 1 of 2
I'll let em work out the kinks before I ever use it but sounds pretty cool
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Now I know how my grandparents felt when they first saw computers

This is nuts
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I'm excited for it. I know it'll be probably over a decade until completion if it happens at all, but as someone who's lived in the Bay Area my whole life and currently living in San Diego, the idea of the hyperloop is very exciting.

As for Musk, I think he's probably one of the most inspiring people out there.
What's an elon musk?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Momentosis
What's an elon musk?

New cologne from Versace
Quote by Pastafarian96
an obnoxious sounding name

Be fair, it's a pretty normal name on the planet he's from.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I encourage anyone with an interest in Elon Musk to check out Wait but why, the writer has been doing running feature on Elon Musk for the past few months.

Part 1 introduces some background on Musk and what he's involved in/how he got there, Part 2 is about Tesla and how they've revolutionized the automobile industry, and Part 3 just came up on Monday detailing SpaceX and what they have planned for the future.

Very interesting reading if you haven't heard about that website or Elon Musk before. All of the other articles are quality reading as well. Well worth the visit.

PS: Be prepared to waste an afternoon reading
Last edited by maccartm at Aug 21, 2015,
If I land the job I interviewed for yesterday, I'll be working directly across the hall from SpaceX's DC office
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
wow i was talking about doing this the other day. too bad i don't have millions to make it happen like these people do.
@ErikLehnsherr
^ Shouldn't you be locked up in a room comprised of non magnetic/metallic materials?
Last edited by Rebel Scum at Aug 21, 2015,
Quote by RAB11
I certainly think he's trying to use his wealth to propel humanity forward, and that's very admirable, but has he come up with something as yet inconceivable to mankind the way those others did? As far as I see it he's just improving on current technology and making it more accessible to the masses rather than coming up with something mindblowing himself. I suppose PayPal changed the game but not massively.

He'll certainly be remembered as a massive figure of the 21st century but I don't see him being remembered as a father of science the way the others were. But that could just be be bias because it's hard to place our current figures in the wider pantheon of history while they're still doing what they're doing. I also think that in the age of information these outright geniuses of our time don't seem as impressive because we have the ability to research and understand what they're doing ourselves. A far cry from Tesla putting on an amazing light show at a World's Fair for example.

It's like Watson & Crick and how they're known for the model DNA when it reality it was a group of scientists that you'll never know about and they're just the businessmen who get all the credit

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
It's like Watson & Crick and how they're known for the model DNA when it reality it was a group of scientists that you'll never know about and they're just the businessmen who get all the credit

Wait why is this in this thread.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by ErikLensherr
If I land the job I interviewed for yesterday, I'll be working directly across the hall from SpaceX's DC office

I wonder if this happened

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by Trowzaa
Now I know how my grandparents felt when they first saw computers

This is nuts

Right?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Elon Musk is living embodiment of "Sky's the limit." Very inspirational indeed.

And yes, anything to replace these fucking pathetic "Accelera" trains. My Miata goes faster than these POS. I want to get from DC to Boston in under 2 hours. Make it happen.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
That's a good song.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Xiaoxi
Elon Musk is living embodiment of "Sky's the limit." Very inspirational indeed.

Because he can't get his rockets any higher?

Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
I wonder if this happened

Iirc that was for BENS which I didn't get ?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
He is out of touch with reality
You'd be too, if you had his bank balance.
Quote by Diemon Dave
To be fair it's probably a hell of a lot cheaper than it costs NASA to send an astronaut up there.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

However much hope people have for it, lets not forget that this is essentially what's happening:

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
And you can probably get a discount if you sign a waiver allowing the rest of the expedition to eat you in an emergency.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I started reading his biography but I quickly realised I didn't like him and stopped. He hasn't revolutionised anything yet but he might eventually.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Blayney
I started reading his biography but I quickly realised I didn't like him and stopped. He hasn't revolutionised anything yet but he might eventually.

What's not to like about him?

You're not a computer programmer teacher that gets BTFO'd by 12 year old students by any chance, are you?
Quote by Fat Lard
What's not to like about him?

You're not a computer programmer teacher that gets BTFO'd by 12 year old students by any chance, are you?

No I'm not. It was his personal life mostly. Very odd relationships. He reminds me of Steve Jobs (who in also not a fan of).

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by Blayney
No I'm not. It was his personal life mostly. Very odd relationships. He reminds me of Steve Jobs (who in also not a fan of).

I didn't get that at all. I didnt read his biography though, just saw a doc and a good few things here and there over the years, but it just seems to me like he had a rough childhood and some estranged relationships. (but yeah, didnt read it so probably dont know as much)

Steve Jobs on the other hand seemed like a legitimate narcissist, stealing ideas and whatnot from just some accounts I've read way back. More "power-oriented", and not nearly as high-IQ as Musk
Last edited by Fat Lard at Sep 29, 2016,
the idea seems cool enough (maybe an amusement park ride), but applied to real life, I think most technology is dooming us.
Quote by mattedbird
the idea seems cool enough (maybe an amusement park ride), but applied to real life, I think most technology is dooming us.

Elon Musk is gonna be pretty GOAT-tier when it comes to creative destruction. It's like hold up, you're already killing our jerbs with the electric cars, let's at least have time to buy them before owning cars is retro

I read that the autonomous is not only going to cost drivers' jobs, but eventually big chunks from hospitality and other industries
yep. I know it seems "old-fashioned" saying things like this about technology seeing as how all kinds of technology has got us to where we are today with transportation, communication and whatnot. it's created a great setting for us as a society to thrive with a market and trade, but a lot of stuff I see going on now doesn't do anything for that purpose. I mean, you have fields and studies in technology that people with thrive in, but how many people does it take to run and make computers?

let alone just concept of keeping the human factor in touch. how lazy and numb do I need to my surroundings? it seems like it takes from individuals to think and be creative on their own.
Channeling some Heidegger there

http://www.english.hawaii.edu/criticalink/heidegger/guide1.html

We already have autonomous Predator missiles/ defense missiles/etc, (that can still be interceded by humans), but only a matter of time until AI ranks humans as we do ants. Apparently a few decades from now, all wars will be fought
by robots

Those are big questions that many such as Musk and whoever put out, and it's still a question of AI's not necessarily linking up with each other and destroying themselves as well, so silver linings from getting rekt by Skynet
Page 1 of 2