Any help is appreciated. Can someone tell me why suddenly an entire artist's tabs (i.e. Bruce Springsteen) are not available here on UG?

Every one of the songs has a message that says:

This tab has been removed at the request of the publisher
Wherever possible, Ultimate Guitar will try to work with the publisher to restore the tab to the site.

I understand from the message that the publisher requested all the tabs to be removed. My question is: is there any way to contact the publisher of the tabs? And can I find out the status here at UG (or inquire about this) to try and restore the tab.

Apologies if this is not the forum for this type of question. I will delete it if it is not.

Thanks.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Royalties are a bitch; that's why. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royalties

No, royalties are a good idea.

It's just that they don't apply. Individually generated Tabs are fair use, but nobody's got the stones (or the coin) to push back.

I've been in contact with the Electronic Frontier Foundation and it's a case they would be willing to help with, but someone with a dog in the fight has to stand up first and I don't see that happening.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
@Arby911:
The whole issue is that artists want you to buy their tab books, because they make royalties on that stuff. I can't see how they're wrong, really.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
@Arby911:
The whole issue is that artists want you to buy their tab books, because they make royalties on that stuff. I can't see how they're wrong, really.

I get that.

And if the tabs here were direct copies of the commercial ones, I'd say they have a point.

But since they aren't (or shouldn't be) it doesn't apply.

Of course I could be wrong, but there's a significant weight of support on my understanding of the issue, it's just that it's not been adjudicated yet.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin