Hi guys,

I'm currently playing a Jackson JS22 Dinky (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson/JS22-Dinky-DKA-Electric-Guitar-Satin-Black-1366901764897.gc) and am looking to get a new strap. I have been jamming with friends more and would like to upgrade from the stock, super cheap strap I have now. I'd like a locking strap- so is the DiMarzio Cliplock Strap my best bet? Or what other options would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance
There are so many options in this field and what'll be best is going to be very subjective.

I personally avoid nylon straps because they're slippery and look cheap and buy leather w/ suede lining instead. I know a company called Hypnotic that sells such a style pretty cheaply (about £20, depending on which model) and they're solidly made.

If you want a locking strap, the best solution is to get straplocks for your guitar. Dunlop's and Schaller's are great. And you won't be limited by what kind of strap you can use.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jim-Dunlop-Straplock-Dual-Design/dp/B0002CZW3G

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Schaller-Security-Strap-Locks-Chrome/dp/B000L3FPUG
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 21, 2015,
Hit up Brad in Well-Hung guitar accessories on Reverb.com. All of his straps are hand-made.

https://reverb.com/marketplace/accessories?query=well-hung

But definitely contact him first; don't just order.

We talked about a strap for a new guitar I'd just acquired. He recommended this one:

I got it at a discount.
It did not arrive alone; there's always extra stuff in the boxes he's sent out, ranging from a stupid sticker to a set of his strap locks to candy and some strange Canadian Cheeto-like things to a whole 'nother (additional) strap. You never know. Great to deal with, Canadian (which I'll put up with only SO long... <G>, etc.

That particular strap is *really* wide. the heavy guitar it holds up now feels like a feather, the padding is excellent, mailing was very quick, dealing with him was simple, quick and easy.

Other than that, not much to recommend him.
Last edited by dspellman at Aug 21, 2015,
^ more or less that.

Choose whatever strap you like best and then fit your guitar with straplocks.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Fender, Levy's, Franklin, and so many others make good, comfy leather or suede straps. Well worth it, especially if padded. Look around.

And, as stated, get strap locks if you're concerned about security of the attachment.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I just use properly sized washers
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Levy's are good. The strap holes are ridiculously small, I think they'd stay secure even on regular strap buttons without straplocks. But to be safe install some straplocks, you'll be able to use any strap that way.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
Quote by BlueIceBox
Levy's are good. The strap holes are ridiculously small, I think they'd stay secure even on regular strap buttons without straplocks. But to be safe install some straplocks, you'll be able to use any strap that way.

+1. I came here to post the same thing.
Dunlop straplocks. I won't play a guitar standing up without them. And then, yeah, any strap you want. Personally, I really like levys leather straps. Comfy, high quality, and not super expensive. I've got a levys strap with Dunlop locks on all my guitars and basses.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!