Terrorist tries to use an AK47 on French train, unarmed Americans kick his ass

Page 1 of 3
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/21/europe/france-train-shooting/index.html

A massacre on a high-speed train in France was prevented Friday when two U.S. Marines in civilian clothing surprised an Islamist militant who was loading his automatic Kalashnikov rifle, a senior European counterterrorism official told CNN.

The gunman fired on the Marines with a handgun, the official said, wounding at least one of them. Authorities said three people were injured aboard the Thalys train traveling from Amsterdam to Paris.

The Marines overpowered the suspect, who was placed under arrest when the train was rerouted to the town of Arras, about 115 miles (185 kilometers) north of Paris.

The gunman, a Moroccan national, was on the radar screen of European counterterrorism agencies for his radical jihadist views, the official said.

The man had plenty of ammunition, the first official said, and the Marines prevented a massacre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

You're welcome, France.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
French apathy strikes again!
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Oh look another muslim terrorist attack. Yet Islam is not at fault right Reza?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
How dare those jarhead devil dog semper fidelis fucking baby killers prevent that man from expressing how dedicated he is to being a servant of his god
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.

Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
americans dont even need guns see maybe they should be illegal after all so less people will get shot by these things we dont need yet use for no reason the self defense thing is now proven to be a moot point
well this is going to help the social situation of France loads....

i heard that it was in Belgium, but it was a first report thing and the train was from there, so it makes sense

Neo: the extremists want you to think that, they want you to blame Islam and Muslims as a whole. They want our society to hate and mistreat Muslims, so that Muslims within those communities get excommuned and jaded, and turn to the extremists' side

also yeah, this was very cool of the US marine guys, top tier stuff. Very lucky they were there
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Last edited by Bladez22 at Aug 21, 2015,
Quote by Neo Evil11
Oh look another muslim terrorist attack. Yet Islam is not at fault right Reza?

It's the Religion of Peace™ m8.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Bladez22
well this is going to help the social situation of France loads....

i heard that it was in Belgium, but it was a first report thing and the train was from there, so it makes sense

Neo: the extremists want you to think that, they want you to blame Islam and Muslims as a whole. They want our society to hate and mistreat Muslims, so that Muslims within those communities get excommuned and jaded, and turn to the extremists' side

also yeah, this was very cool of the US marine guys, top tier stuff. Very lucky they were there

It's not about the terrorists only. I have a problem with any country that has based its laws on sharia law. I also have a problem with the people who have anti-gay and anti-female world views in general.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
It's not about the terrorists only. I have a problem with any country that has based its laws on sharia law. I also have a problem with the people who have anti-gay and anti-female world views in general.

I somewhat agree with this.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Neo Evil11

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by Neo Evil11 at #33561569

I agree, but like most Christians don't follow the teachings of the old testament, or some of the shittier ones from the new. Most Muslims don't want to burn gays and hold their wives prisoners
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Bladez22
I agree, but like most Christians don't follow the teachings of the old testament, or some of the shittier ones from the new. Most Muslims don't want to burn gays and hold their wives prisoners

First world Christians are still super shitty on gay rights, don't even deny.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Rossenrot
awesome look how fast we made it about how bad christians are good job guys

Yeah, of all threads who could have seen religion coming up in this one? Crazy
Quote by StewieSwan at #33561582

speaking from UK here, pretty much all the Christians I've talked to (so under 30) have been super chill with gays, as most people our age are. I think its an age/generation thing rather than religious
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Bladez22
speaking from UK here, pretty much all the Christians I've talked to (so under 30) have been super chill with gays, as most people our age are. I think its an age/generation thing rather than religious

Of course the under 30s are gonna be better about it. What a silly argument to make.
Quote by StewieSwan

They wish death upon them and everything right
did everyone see how stewieswan justified the nonsensical digression about chrstianity here I quoted it:

Quote by StewieSwan
Yeah, of all threads who could have seen religion coming up in this one? Crazy
Quote by bradulator at #33561596
They wish death upon them and everything right

No just an eternal burning in hell
Quote by Bladez22

Actually if you look at poll numbers, the numbers of muslims that hold ridiculous world views is pretty large. Somehow they are always painted as being a small minority, but anti-gay and anti-women world views are mainstream in the muslim religion. Only a minority is a jihadist, but far more muslims are islamists etc. I remember poll numbers that were like 87% of british muslims believed that the people who drew the muslim cartoons should be punished by law. Which is not a small minority.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Damn, props to the yanks

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by StewieSwan at #33561593
Of course the under 30s are gonna be better about it. What a silly argument to make.

that isn't my argument you pleb. my argument is lets not hate on millions of people for following a religion because a few thousand are shitty, because we'll just cause more hate and make things worse

I don't understand what's so controversial here, or why you're being so snarky when all you're doing is strawmanning the shit out of my argument.
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Bladez22
that isn't my argument you pleb. my argument is lets not hate on millions of people for following a religion because a few thousand are shitty, because we'll just cause more hate and make things worse

I don't understand what's so controversial here, or why you're being so snarky when all you're doing is strawmanning the shit out of my argument.

"a few thousand"
Quote by Bladez22

The problem is that it's not just a few thousand that are shitty. It's literally hundreds of millions of muslims. Sure, that still means that hundreds of millions of muslims don't hold those beliefs, but it is far from a small minority.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
That's amazing. The amount of courage it takes to run at someone pointing a pistol at you is beyond what I can comprehend. Those guys did a great thing.

Quote by Bladez22 at #33561575

From my experience (which undoubtedly overshadows yours like Saturn next to a toe ring), it's an extremely marginal minority of Muslims who voice pro-gay or pro-feminist ideals. I think you're confusing this sentiment with the "Like most Christians, most Muslims don't want to blow themselves up on a train". That's the one that works; this one? Not so much. Not at all, actually. Not even a little.
I think more than a few thousand Christians believe gays should not be allowed to get married/have equal rights but yes if the conversation could steer away from being a non conversation that would be good
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
From my experience (which undoubtedly overshadows yours like Saturn next to a toe ring), it's an extremely marginal minority of Muslims who voice pro-gay or pro-feminist ideals. I think you're confusing this sentiment with the "Like most Christians, most Muslims don't want to blow themselves up on a train". That's the one that works; this one? Not so much. Not at all, actually. Not even a little.

Pretty much. Polls show that only a small number of muslims are jihadis. But that doesn't mean that the rest are enlightened progressives.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Wait are you twats already on the Christians vs Muslims thing... it's not even a full page yet.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by Neo Evil11 at #33561613
Actually if you look at poll numbers, the numbers of muslims that hold ridiculous world views is pretty large. Somehow they are always painted as being a small minority, but anti-gay and anti-women world views are mainstream in the muslim religion. Only a minority is a jihadist, but far more muslims are islamists etc. I remember poll numbers that were like 87% of british muslims believed that the people who drew the muslim cartoons should be punished by law. Which is not a small minority.

wanting a cartoon punishable by law = literally beating women now? okay cool

I think that being that sensitive is ridiculous, and I know that we've got a big problem here in the UK with our cultures clashing. But what is hating them going to achieve? what is taking this "us v them" mentality going to do, other than further drive a wedge between communities?

I hear this shit all fvcking day from my dad and like 70% of people. But what they suggest is "kick them all out they probs want to live in the desert or wherever they came from anyway. Like fvcking excellent plan, you forgot that these are legally British nationals and you can't deport them to where they already live
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by CL/\SH
I think more than a few thousand Christians believe gays should not be allowed to get married/have equal rights but yes if the conversation could steer away from being a non conversation that would be good

There's a difference between "not allowing gays to get married" and "having a death penalty for gay acts". Although there are a couple of countries in africa that follow christian doctrine and also have the death penalty for gays, but it is far more ubiquitous in the muslims world.

Plus I am against all religion, so I totally agree that we should get rid of christianity also.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Wait are you twats already on the Christians vs Muslims thing... it's not even a full page yet.

More interesting than a page and a half of "cool that's a good thing they did" and then the thread dies.
Quote by Bladez22
wanting a cartoon punishable by law = literally beating women now? okay cool

I think that being that sensitive is ridiculous, and I know that we've got a big problem here in the UK with our cultures clashing. But what is hating them going to achieve? what is taking this "us v them" mentality going to do, other than further drive a wedge between communities?

I hear this shit all fvcking day from my dad and like 70% of people. But what they suggest is "kick them all out they probs want to live in the desert or wherever they came from anyway. Like fvcking excellent plan, you forgot that these are legally British nationals and you can't deport them to where they already live

I haven't equated the two. But I bet that if you'd do a poll under british muslims about the status of women, that the results would "hopefully" scare you.

And I have never said anything about throwing them out. I am for opening the dialogue that liberals (my people) keep shutting down with claims of bigotry and racism.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by StewieSwan
More interesting than a page and a half of "cool that's a good thing they did" and then the thread dies.

Great excuse brah

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Great excuse brah

Why do we need an excuse to discuss anything? Given the amount of problems religion in general and Islam specifically, causes I think we are totally allowed to discuss these things.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 3