HI every one . the last time i did a post asking about which gears should i ask you told me to think about (what do i really want ) . Well i did that and what i want is to play guitar in my room maybe using headphones to practice with some good effects and i think that the less expencive and the best way to do that is by buying a sound card
i chosed this one :
http://www.bharatmusichouse.com/productImages/2229_MTrack_Main.jpg
i think that by using this + some programs on my pc i can get some cool effects so what do you guys think ?
and please do you know any good programs that can help me ? the only ones that i know are : amplitube and guitar rig
thank you peace
I think what you mean is an Audio Interface. As far as budget AI's go, the Mackie Onyx Blackjack is often suggested. You might just be more satisfied with something like the Pocket Pod, though.
My preferred solution would be portable digital modeling device like a Line 6 Pod, Korg Pandora, Boss BR series, Tascam GT-R1...maybe a MFX pedal with a headphone jack.

Besides having headphone jacks- perfect for quiet practicing- they'll have features like amp modeling, pedal modeling, metronomes, tuners, and so forth, in a package small enough to fit in a gig bag or hardshell case. Most will also have a way to directly interface with a computer or store stuff on a removable drive of some kind.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
i think what dannyalcatraz is trying to say is you can just buy digital modelling device or processor like the one's suggested and connect it your guitar and amp.

you do not necessarily need to use your PC. but if you do want to then you can connect the processors to them.
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
It depends a lot on your PC... is it Mac OS or Windows? How much RAM? For AI I use both Roland Tricapture and Scarlett Focusrite 2i2, for DAW's it really is dependent on your system. Mac you can use Garageband. For my own home system I use Sonar X3 Producer. There are better ones out there but very spendy.
Quote by AiC
i think what dannyalcatraz is trying to say is you can just buy digital modelling device or processor like the one's suggested and connect it your guitar and amp.

Close- many of the PDMs and MFX pedals don't even require an amp hookup. You can simply use headphones to practice.

But, yes- you can hook them up to amps just fine. Or use the removable storage or a cable to connect to your computer, and once you get your data onto your platform of choice...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by larrymus4
It depends a lot on your PC... is it Mac OS or Windows? How much RAM? For AI I use both Roland Tricapture and Scarlett Focusrite 2i2, for DAW's it really is dependent on your system. Mac you can use Garageband. For my own home system I use Sonar X3 Producer. There are better ones out there but very spendy.

i have a windows ram 4GB