https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MMUA7ksKg0

Here is an example of my playing I posted this in the wrong section of the forum the other day. Can anyone give me any particular technique(s) to focus on improving and tips on how to improve it. I taught myself how to play just by copying and guesswork really hence the poor technique. Hopefully with some practice I can get better.
Hard to tell with just strumming a few chords but your right hand looks tensed.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
couple of things. first don't make me watch another video of your crotch for the whole time . ok as for the playing i didn't see any real problems. it appears that you use to much of the pick so try using less and that will reduce drag when strumming and certainly be better for playing leads. i didn't wat teh whole vid but didn't really see you change chrd forms while playing. sliding movable chords is great but many songs requier you to use different forms.
Quote by monwobobbo
couple of things. first don't make me watch another video of your crotch for the whole time . ok as for the playing i didn't see any real problems. it appears that you use to much of the pick so try using less and that will reduce drag when strumming and certainly be better for playing leads. i didn't wat teh whole vid but didn't really see you change chrd forms while playing. sliding movable chords is great but many songs requier you to use different forms.

Lol yeh my crotch is kinda prominent in this video, I'll re-record it wearing a trenchcoat thanks for the advice
your picking technique is way too tense and i didn't see any alt. picking. you pluck slowly with only downstrokes to arpeggiate, and you strum. i have trouble imagining you being able to take over a melody or play anything quick without resorting to strumming
modes are a social construct
Quote by Hail
your picking technique is way too tense and i didn't see any alt. picking. you pluck slowly with only downstrokes to arpeggiate, and you strum. i have trouble imagining you being able to take over a melody or play anything quick without resorting to strumming

Yeh I can't really play anything too accurately with a pick, I just started trying to use one more of the time as I learned on an acoustic and just used my fingers originally. Even trying to do the back and forth tremolo picking for something like the start of Miserlou it doesnt sound very accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsfW5R87wco at about 4:16 on this video there's a bit where I'm just (slowly) making something up at the time without a pick, it's not fast but closer to a melody I suppose. Might shed some light.
Quote by cactus-dude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MMUA7ksKg0

Here is an example of my playing I posted this in the wrong section of the forum the other day. Can anyone give me any particular technique(s) to focus on improving and tips on how to improve it. I taught myself how to play just by copying and guesswork really hence the poor technique. Hopefully with some practice I can get better.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with the videos. If it's your picking hand you have the concern with I'd recommend this 6 string sweep picking arpeggio exercise I've been doing lately. If you do it right, and as a warm up, I'm find it really helps relax the tension caused by the strings pushing back against the pick as you're just pushing through them and it can be with quite a light touch. Even though it's sweeping it can translate quite well back to alternate picking when the sweep direction changes.
Quote by edg
I'm not sure what you're getting at with the videos. If it's your picking hand you have the concern with I'd recommend this 6 string sweep picking arpeggio exercise I've been doing lately. If you do it right, and as a warm up, I'm find it really helps relax the tension caused by the strings pushing back against the pick as you're just pushing through them and it can be with quite a light touch. Even though it's sweeping it can translate quite well back to alternate picking when the sweep direction changes.

Thanks I'll take a look at doing some arpeggio practice. I'm just posting them with the hope that someone will let me know the major ways in which I'm playing wrong.
Quote by cactus-dude
Thanks I'll take a look at doing some arpeggio practice. I'm just posting them with the hope that someone will let me know the major ways in which I'm playing wrong.

I didn't see anything you were doing really wrong. Maybe if you're more specific about the problem you're having it'd be easier to help.