Presented for your consideration is my new Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, in a limited edition trans purple gloss finish. Other than the color, it has the same specs as the regular Hellraiser Hybrid: a satin finished "Ultra Thin C" neck (the thinnest Schecter makes. feels a little more like an Ibanez than a Schecter usually does), ebony fretboard, carbon fiber binding, locking tuners, EMG 57/66 pickup set.

Pictures! The lighting in my house sucks, as does my phone camera, so the color is little weird, but whatever.

These pictures really don't do it justice. It's gorgeous. Sounds great, too. I did a lot of research on the 57/66 pickups, and was already planning on buying a set to put in another guitar, before deciding to buy this one. They sound sweet. Especially clean. That 66 in the neck. Dayum. Feel? Perfect. Schecter's quality control is top-notch, and this guitar is no exception. Came out of the box in tune and set up flawlessly, with action about as low as it can get without buzzing. Intonation is perfect. Frets are smooth as butter, and have obviously been polished/leveled after leaving the Korean factory. Finish is perfect, and there's not so much as a scratch or ding or even a smudge anywhere. This is the first guitar I've ever bought without seeing/playing it in person first, and I would not hesitate to do it again. All I need to do is pick out a purple strap for it, get some straplocks and do a little string gauge/tuning experimentation to decide if this will be my standard or Eb guitar, and it'll be ready to go for my cover band's next show. Then I'll be able to unblock the floyd on my other Hellraiser, put it back in D Standard where it belongs, and get back to using it for my original music.

And in case anyone is wondering, the other two guitars in the family picture are my other two Schecters. On the right, a 2006 Hellraiser C-1 FR, which was my first guitar, bought new in 2006. And on the left, a 2006 C-1 Classic, which I bought used earlier this year.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Last edited by the_bi99man at Aug 22, 2015,
That is some blingy binding on the body...NICE!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
not a fan of most schecters but that one looks nice. will have to try as the necks on most don't appeal to me but this one might. enjoy
Quote by monwobobbo
not a fan of most schecters but that one looks nice. will have to try as the necks on most don't appeal to me but this one might. enjoy

Yeah the neck is very noticeably thinner than most schecters. They put this neck on the Hellraiser Hybrid line, and also the Blackjack SLS, Banshee, and a handful of artist sig models.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
nice i didn't see how purple could be a bad thing on reading the title, and I was right
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I love it. I've grown tired of Schecter's superstrats having owned a couple (a C-1 Classic and C-1 Exotic, both terrific guitars) but i'd loooove an LP with those specs.

Not surprised to hear it was set up flawlessly. I believe there's a specific location Schecter ships to from the factory that sets the guitars up before sending them out to shops and warehouses.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
I love it. I've grown tired of Schecter's superstrats having owned a couple (a C-1 Classic and C-1 Exotic, both terrific guitars) but i'd loooove an LP with those specs.

Not surprised to hear it was set up flawlessly. I believe there's a specific location Schecter ships to from the factory that sets the guitars up before sending them out to shops and warehouses.

Yup. It's in California. In the same complex where their US custom shop factory is. I worked for a couple years in a guitar shop, and I don't think I ever brought in a new schecter that wasn't set up well right out of the box.

And yeah, I'm super stoked on the Les Paul shape. I was planning on getting a KM-7 (and still am, at some point), but I decided I don't need to get a 7 string just yet, and I wanted something in a different shape before getting a third superstrat. Then they put out these purple limited editions and the LP was calling for me as soon as I saw the picture.
Guitars
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yeah they really do have great QC, but also customer support. Im always left wondering why Schecter isn't a more sought after brand considering their history and origins, then i remember they essentially offer 11 bazillion variations of the same body shape and then im like oh, yeah. But if you venture outside of their token superstrats, you find some extremely well built, tastefully designed shapes like the Tempest, Hybrids, PT series (which are disastrously underrated), and the Knopflers. Think about that for a moment--35 years ago, Mark ****in Knopfler decided to go with Schecter.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The Tempest is so damn sweet. Some day when it's time for an electric 12 string in the collection, I'm gonna find one of the 12 string Tempests they make from time to time. I also really love the Avenger shape. It's too bad that it's kind of become synonymous with Avenged Sevenfold, to the point that people think every Avenger model is a Synyster Gates sig model. Every time that I look at this Avenger I think that maybe when the time comes for a 7 string, I'll skip the KM-7 just to have another non-superstrat shape. And because of that headstock. Mmm.
Guitars
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses