Superior Drummer question and EZdrummer to Superior drummer upgrade question

So I'm looking at superior drummer, first can I run a midi file through the program like a sampler like ezdrummer?

Next is the upgrade from Exdrummer to superior. If I were to purchase this upgrade would it disable my Ezdrummer? Thanks peeps
You can theoretically run a MIDI file through it as a loop, however you can't edit or modify it in any way.

The upgrade SHOULDN'T disable your EZdrummer install.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
No issues, I run both. Yes you can run samples exactly the same as EZ and edit using piano roll. You can also use the midi files from any EZ expansions you have. If you drag those onto a channel in a daw you can also edit in piano roll.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
I would say it's not worth the upgrade for Superior Drummer. I've used both and find that when you cover the drums with guitars, bass, and vocals, you lose the nuances that Superior provides.
Quote by tonello
I would say it's not worth the upgrade for Superior Drummer. I've used both and find that when you cover the drums with guitars, bass, and vocals, you lose the nuances that Superior provides.

I totally disagree with this, SD sounds far better and gives more control. If the only difference you notice is "nuances" and these are lost when you "cover" the drums with other instruments then something is very wrong with the mixing.

As for whether the upgrade disables EZ, I can't say but I see no reason why it would. There will probably be an answer for this on Toontrack's website.
Well for some reason the new superior drummer is 249$ and the cross grade is 245$ or vice versa. That's a little bit too much but then again I'm kind wanting the power of SD
I prefer Addictive, but SD2.0 is quite a nice tool as well.

And if the 'nuances' of the SD tracks are being covered up by the guitars/bass/vocals/whatever, you obviously don't know how to properly do a mix. :/
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
Ezdrummer 2 did lift the quality to near Superior level but there still some goodness in workflow in your DAW when you uses Superior and the SD Kits are very good, and you can run both at the same time ( again you can load EZ content in Superior Drummer No problems)

all midi and Kits and workflow you have in EZ you have in Superior plus more. BUT the "FIND YOUR GROOVE" feature added in EZ 2 is NOT in Superior Drummer thinking Superior Drummer Version 2 will have it plus more

I have Addictive its very nice But the toontrack content you can buy is IMO Far Better.

if you programing all you own drums ? Addictive does sound good if you'r happy with the kit sound you have.
Last edited by T4D at Aug 27, 2015,
^
Apart from rock solid expansion in EZ I personally find AD's add on packs are much more useable.
Quote by Sir Stoney

Next is the upgrade from Exdrummer to superior. If I were to purchase this upgrade would it disable my Ezdrummer? Thanks peeps

Superior wont stop EZ from working. EZ drummer is disabled by installing EZ2. Easy workround though. If you have 64 bit version of one of them installed, install the 32bit version of the other or vise versa. Simple.
Quote by crackerjack123
^
Apart from rock solid expansion in EZ I personally find AD's add on packs are much more useable.

WOW your own all the Toontrack content for EZMix and SD and all the AD content!! That alot of. $$$$ to lay down!!

What is the best AD content then, that is a must buy !?

Please tell!!

There is nothing in EZ 1 that you need once you have EZ2 installed. Nothing ez2 is only more and better.
Quote by T4D
WOW your own all the Toontrack content for EZMix and SD and all the AD content!! That alot of. $$$$ to lay down!!

What is the best AD content then, that is a must buy !?

Please tell!!.

I mainly play rock and rocked up pop. My shredding days are behind me, it's a bit boring after a while. I like the prog kits and the 90's patch in the default AD2 install is actually the one I use to record most at the moment, it cuts through a mix with minimal messing. Rock solid in EZ is the one I use when I play my kit. Makes me sound waaaaay better than I am. lol. AD has less tendency to crackle and uses less CPU. In my experience at least.

I've been collecting this stuff for years and years. Every time I get overtime or a bonus I buy stuff. lol. It's a bad habit.
Quote by crackerjack123
AD has less tendency to crackle and uses less CPU. In my experience at least.

IMO IF you getting "Crackle" i think you should spent your money on a Better sound card and or CPU or SSD then get more addons on

Addictive drummer add on kits are about the same and EZ drummer 2 between 1 to 2 gigs

Superior Drummer kits are the next level between 10 gigs to 35 gigs per Addon.

so Yeah SD is asking more from your system but a modem computer should NOT have any issues.
Its not the issue. I use outboard cards. But when running 20 tracks of 24 bit stereo audio inside a daw the cpu does give up faster with SD and EZ. And im running a 4ghz i7 with 32 gig DDR3 and 64 gig 'Stick Boost'. But they are not the only plug-ins running. Kontakt and Guitar rig are CPU heavy but it's always been EZ or SD that push it too far. Also SD packs are only big if you install all the sticks and brushes nonsense. lol.
that's odd I have 20 stereo channels from Superior Drummer alone with effects and or channel strips on each drum channel into Protools PLUS 10- 20 odd channels for guitar, bass vocal plus Native Komplete instruments etc etc ( that's my template to start a new song) and have never had a issue ? using only my old 3 year old 3D rendering machine i7 3.2ghz , 12 gig of ram & SSD Sata 3 HD's ( no over clocking just stock standard )

By the way the USB memboost thing is a waste and a M$ BS thing,. far better getting a 64 ssd on a sata3 connection and run your project on that or maybe you 4ghz overclocking is effecting things ?
Last edited by T4D at Aug 29, 2015,