So I'm halfway through season 2 and it's easily the best show since Breaking Bad. The writing, the characterisation, the plotlines, everything, is just incredible.

For those who are unfamiliar with it, it's about a pair of KGB spies living in 1980s Washington DC, posing as an American couple. If you enjoyed shows like Breaking Bad and The Sopranos which focused on people trying to balance their criminal and civilian/family lives I can't recommend it enough.

Recently it got snubbed for an Emmy nomination, which resulted in a lot of backlash from critics and fans. The show is that good, not being nominated for an award evokes this kind of reaction.

If you've not seen it yet, get on it. It has probably the best pilot for any television drama I've seen, and that includes The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Dexter and Game of Thrones.
Breaking Bad is a drama? I thought it was comedy soisoisoisoisiosis

for real tho I'll check this show out
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
saw a few episodes, it's alright. Not much else to say really
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Saw the first season, it was alright.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Sounds class, I'll look into acquiring it. (Good to see a fellow Leeds person on the forum, Best Yorkshire represent.)
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Don't give up based on season 1. Season 2 is when the show goes from being very good to ****ing amazing.

Quote by Cal UK
Sounds class, I'll look into acquiring it. (Good to see a fellow Leeds person on the forum, Best Yorkshire represent.)

Cheers, where in Leeds are you?
hannibal is better than the americans btw. it's one of NBC's critically acclaimed show that never gets much attention, high ratings, etc. Definitely incredible though.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Seductive Barry
Don't give up based on season 1. Season 2 is when the show goes from being very good to ****ing amazing.

Cheers, where in Leeds are you?

Just on the corner of Burley and town. Ten mins to the Brudenell, ten mins to town \m/
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
What about

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Mr. Robot's the only show that matters to me rn.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
It's def not better than mr robot cuz that show is fo sho the best out there now and if it keeps up will rival bb
Quote by ErikLensherr at #33564152
Mr. Robot's the only show that matters to me rn.

yep. sry m8 Mr. Robot is on top right now, and no silly Americans can change that.
Better Call Saul is the best show on American television. Vince Gilligan, same writer as Breaking Bad. If you haven't seen it, watch it. Best show on TV by a country mile.

At OP: haven't seen "The Americans", but "Sopranos" was great and so was "Breaking Bad".
I'm enjoying Season 1 of Mr. Robot much more than Better Call Saul, and I'm a huge Breaking Bad nerd. Better Call Saul is great so far, and I'm sure it will continue to get better, but as far as first seasons go, Mr. Robot wins no contest, imo.
Americans is great. It's my favorite show, although Mr. Robot is up there as well.

It's just so damn GOOD

Every season is better than the last, to me
My God, it's full of stars!