Hey,
I've been working on turning my Fender Princteon Chorus 2x10 combo into a separate head and cabinet so that I can get more options in my amp sounds (and also as a fun project) and while reading the guide on turning a combo into a head ran into a bit of a confusing bit. The princeton chorus (I imagine because its stereo) has two sets of positive and negative wires with a set running to each individual speaker. I dont much care for the whole stereo thing so is there a way to wire them both to one jack?

If not would i have to wire them each to an individual jack and then be forced to use a stereo cab or maybe can I just use one out? (in which case i would be getting 25.5 watts instead of 51 right?)

If anyone could help out that would be very much appreciated.
(On a side not can anyone help me on soldering GLS audio jacks i dont understand where the positive and negative should go)
You're going to have to find out if that power amp can be bridged to a mono output. Honestly, I think Fender was probably too cheap to add that.

What they HAVE done is (on some of the Chorus amps) provided a mono output (for an FX loop) from the *preamp*. This is done *before* the stereo chorus (so you won't get any of that). The stereo outputs for an FX loop happen *after* the stereo chorus, but in order to get the stereo effect, you need to run those into a stereo power amp of some kind. If you don't care for "the whole stereo thing" you need to find a stereo power amp that can be bridged and run in mono. They're out there.
Quote by dspellman
You're going to have to find out if that power amp can be bridged to a mono output. Honestly, I think Fender was probably too cheap to add that.

What they HAVE done is (on some of the Chorus amps) provided a mono output (for an FX loop) from the *preamp*. This is done *before* the stereo chorus (so you won't get any of that). The stereo outputs for an FX loop happen *after* the stereo chorus, but in order to get the stereo effect, you need to run those into a stereo power amp of some kind. If you don't care for "the whole stereo thing" you need to find a stereo power amp that can be bridged and run in mono. They're out there.

Hmmmm. Thanks for the response. How would I find out if the power amp is constructed in such a way that I would be able to bridge it into a mono output? Also the stuff you say about the mono FX loop, I dont think I'm understanding how that could help me. Is there a way to bypass the stereo effects and somehow use that output to drive a cab?
You can't drive a cabinet with it. You COULD drive a power amp which could drive a cabinet. Or you could drive a powered speaker with it.
From the questions you ask, I don't think you know enough about electricity to do this on your own.

To bridge two amplifiers you need to invert the input signal to one of them. You could re-wire IC U8 to do this. You then connect a mono cabinet across the two outputs. Quite honestly I wouldn't bother, if you want better speakers just buy a cab with 2 8 ohm speakers and use it in stereo.

http://support.fender.com/manuals/guitar_amplifiers/Princeton_Chorus_manual.pdf
http://www.amparchives.com/album/Fender/Schematics/Fender%20Princeton%20Stereo%20Chorus%20Schematic_gif_orig.html