Page 1 of 2
I'm pretty much just into playing thrash and death and others forms of metal so obviously I would make next to nothing. That doesn't matter because I would like to work in accounting, just wondering about how much extra money I could earn playing a couple shows a month.
Baby Joel's rabbit profile picture is kinda cute. #TeamJOEL
$666.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Don't do it for the money.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
According to Metalocalypse, which is a documentary, several billion dollars a year. Real dollars too, not those poser types used in Canuck land or Aussie.
do it for the vine
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Doing it for Keyshia, doing it for Kim
Do it for the Speedos, do it for the beach
Do it for the stamina, do it for the sheets
Do it for the bicep, do it for the chest
Do it for the summer time, ready for the vest
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Most part-time metal bands in SoCal do pre-sell or pay to Play. One in ten thousand make decent money.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Momentosis
Don't do it for the money.

I just said I want to work as a type of an accountant, I love playing music but accounting has a more stable salary. I was mainly wondering how much more money I could earn playing some shows to put away extra money for new gear.
couple of shows a month? Your band MIGHT make 100$ a show, IF you get a show. So an extra 40$ a month.
Just my two cents. you don't do it for the money...YOU DO IT FOR THE CHICKS

'nuff said.
Depends on how many penises you put in your mouth
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by Ssargentslayer
couple of shows a month? Your band MIGHT make 100$ a show, IF you get a show. So an extra 40$ a month.

Less gas, food, and beer= ($400)mo
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
depends on a lot but the best you might hope for is the hobby paying for itself
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Too bad I don't want to be an autotuned pop star.
Quote by PiercedBand
I was mainly wondering how much more money I could earn playing some shows to put away extra money for new gear.

Realistically? Why don't I do the math. If you pay gigs with a $20 cover (and tickets won't be that much unless you get at least at least a major label act like Origin or Cattle Decapitation or something, otherwise it could be $5 a ticket), probably between $10 and all of it goes to the venue. But we'll just say $8 goes to the bands. If we say that the "headliner" gets $5 and each of the three openers gets $1, that means your band gets $1 a ticket.

With me so far?

So let's say you play for 200 people. That means $200. Now say that there are four of you in the band. That means a five way split between the members and a "band fund" that is used to fund merch, studio time, promotions, etc. So you get $40.

Keep in mind that that $40 is for basically a 6-10 hour day when you include the time it takes to go from your house to the venue, load in, setup, sound check, time in between doors opening and start of the show, 3 hour show (don't even think about not staying G the whole night unless there are extremely extenuating circumstances), breakdown, goodbyes, packing up, and going home.

So that comes to around $5 an hour, and that's not including gas and food.

Now that's assuming the show is $20, your band gets $1, and the crowd is 200. Cover might be $5. Crowd might be 50. As the opening act, you might get $0.00 per ticket unless you sell a minimum, which will be maybe 20-50 tickets... otherwise you don't get payed at all or don't even play at all.

So let's say that on average, you personally get $10 a show. Not including what you spend on gas and food. Do that twice a week, 50 weeks a year. 100 gigs, so $1000.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Yeah like others have said a pretty dismal amount.. You definitely have to really want to play out live, shit some nights you won't make anything, if you're playing for "exposure".

So get a job that makes decent cash and be a weekend warrior doing what you love for minimal monetary compensation.

Or get a job at Guitar Center and be miserable.

The choices are plenty!
about tree fiddy
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
If you're just doing it for fun and have a legit day job, why do you even care? If you end up making anything, it is not going to be significant.
an accountant who likes metal dear lord lmao
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by Baby Joel
Doing it for Keyshia, doing it for Kim
Do it for the Speedos, do it for the beach
Do it for the stamina, do it for the sheets
Do it for the bicep, do it for the chest
Do it for the summer time, ready for the vest

I couldn't choose between these, so...

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by steve_muse
an accountant who likes metal dear lord lmao

Somebody from the death metal band At The Gates is an accountant
Quote by PiercedBand

Just googled them.

I hope they were aiming for mediocre by-the-numbers pish metal.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
This is what you get if you put three anagrams of 'accountant' in a row:
A count can't cut at no can on a cat ****.

Which is very true, because cat cunts are very small, and there's way too little room to properly cut at cans, especially if cutting cans has nothing to do with your function. A proper count has people to do that for him anyway.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Aug 24, 2015,
Quote by PiercedBand

What is there to account in Sweden though.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by ultimate-slash
This is what you get if you put three anagrams of 'accountant' in a row:
A count can't cut at no can on a cat ****.

Which is very true, because cat cunts are very small, and there's way too little room to properly cut at cans, especially if cutting cans has nothing to do with your function. A proper count has people to do that for him anyway.

How many people?

Let's count zem1

Vun, two, sree, fohr peepel!

I luv countink peepels.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Just googled them.

I hope they were aiming for mediocre by-the-numbers pish metal.

You're an idiot.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
You're an idiot.

So how's the new Insane Funeral album coming along?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
You're an idiot.

Takes one to know one.

Mic. Dropped.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Mic. Dropped.

You're only damaging your wallet by doing that.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
Quote by Zaphikh
You're only damaging your wallet by doing that.

It was broken already.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Page 1 of 2