Page 1 of 2
title bitches

there's nothing worse than song that starts out br00tz or groovy and shit and then it's like the band just said nah keeping it sounding this cool is too hard so lets **** it up and the rest of the song is flaccid

Gojira - The Art of Dying. ****ing awesome and killer groove, especially at 1:55 when the feel changes and the guitars drone on and then immediately afterwards they decided to follow up with the most generic and uninteresting guitar riffs for the rest of the song (until the end anyway)

Veil of Maya - Dark Passenger. again sick intro riff and then they got all gay after like 30 seconds and it never lives up to the tone set in the beginning.

The Chariot - so many songs with this band. David De La Hoz, First, and Never I to name a few. and don't give me none of that 'oh but theyre hXc man they dont give a **** about structure' ok i get thats part of their charm but wow has a band ever had a knack for coming up with good songs and then finding a way to shit out and ruin a mood. nothing worse than wanting to listen to a song and realize you have to change it in the middle because you'll be stuck on some shitty sample or filler sounds

so have at it
pinga
All the bands in the OP really suck though.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Yea so pretty much every band you listed is one of those bands with lots of technical talent but realize they can't write a song. What genre is that? Metal core or some shit?
Quote by Cb4rabid

Gojira - The Art of Dying. ****ing awesome and killer groove, especially at 1:55 when the feel changes and the guitars drone on and then immediately afterwards they decided to follow up with the most generic and uninteresting guitar riffs for the rest of the song (until the end anyway)

You're out of your mind. The whole song is dope.
Between the Buried and Me- Alaska. The song has a really great intro thing, then it just starts to sound like a generic song.
Quote by symphonicspeed
Between the Buried and Me- Alaska. The song has a really great intro thing, then it just starts to sound like a generic song.

u wot m8
pinga
Quote by Rossenrot
You're out of your mind. The whole song is dope.

the beginning is god tier, the end is alright. everything in the middle is a complete shit sandwich
pinga
Quote by seventh_angel
Deafheaven - Dream House.

I don't know I remembered that one specifically, there must be a bunch of songs that fit that definition, but I usually forget about them in a matter of minutes.

Yeah Deafheaven are tough because they are so close to getting everything down but just cant pull it together.
Agree with freebird. Verse is great then chorus is meh. Guitar solo gets boring.
Motley Crue - Kickstart my heart

If that song was only 13 secs long it would be awesome.
I've always felt that 'Derek and the Dominoes - Layla' starts out great but when it slows down and moves to the piano part it ruins it. Write a rock song or a ballad, don't try and combine them into the same song (only Queen could pull that off!)
GUITAR COMPANIES - Contact me if you'd like to sponsor my signature!
Quote by Matriani
I've always felt that 'Derek and the Dominoes - Layla' starts out great but when it slows down and moves to the piano part it ruins it. Write a rock song or a ballad, don't try and combine them into the same song (only Queen could pull that off!)

Fun fact, Clapton wrote it as a ballad(the acoustic version is pretty much what he wrote). Add Duane Allman (and probably cocaine), and you get the rocky version.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Matriani

Of course it's a matter of taste. The outro is beautiful, Duane Allman does a brilliant job on the slide guitar as well.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Fun fact, Clapton wrote it as a ballad(the acoustic version is pretty much what he wrote). Add Duane Allman (and probably cocaine), and you get the rocky version.

I actually like the acoustic version but the 'electric' version has one of the best guitar riffs ever IMO. I just think it would have been better to but a good blues style solo in it rather than the piano/slide guitar breakdown
Sweet Child O Mine- It's great right up until that annoying "Where do we go now" bit.....I know it was created because Axl didn't have any words, but could they have just not recorded that part?

Lots of Dream Theater songs....I love DT, they're one of my favourite bands, but sometimes they have a great song, and it just drags on way too long with pointless solos. See "In the Name of God" or "Endless Sacrifice" for examples

Quote by Matriani
I actually like the acoustic version but the 'electric' version has one of the best guitar riffs ever IMO. I just think it would have been better to but a good blues style solo in it rather than the piano/slide guitar breakdown

Fun fact, myself and a friend of mine used to play a mish mash of the acoustic chord progression with electric guitars and bluesy solos over the top....we were drunk most of the time, but we thought it sounded damn tasty
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Last edited by i_lovemetallica at Aug 24, 2015,
Quote by Matriani
Write a rock song or a ballad, don't try and combine them into the same song (only Queen could pull that off!)

Such a bad post.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
The Who's version of Behind Blue Eyes. Goes to shit once it gets upbeat. Limp Bizkit did it so much better.

Say what you want about Limp Bizkit, but they have a knack for doing covers that are better than the originals
Quote by seventh_angel
Deafheaven - Dream House.

I don't know I remembered that one specifically, there must be a bunch of songs that fit that definition, but I usually forget about them in a matter of minutes.

Bro bro bro no no bro no. That songs like the only deafheaven song worthy of the praise they get
David de la hoz has an awesome ending too

Send it up by kanye west is horrible after the guest verse tho
Quote by GuitarGod_92
The Who's version of Behind Blue Eyes. Goes to shit once it gets upbeat. Limp Bizkit did it so much better.

Say what you want about Limp Bizkit, but they have a knack for doing covers that are better than the originals

I was always on the fence about that one. I really liked both versions, I felt that the Limp Bizkit one lacked the upbeat part. Yet I felt the Who just didnt put it in well....
Quote by whywefight at #33565716
Bro bro bro no no bro no. That songs like the only deafheaven song worthy of the praise they get
I disagree. As soon as the vocals come up, it becomes almost unbearable. Despite the fact that I don't like those RHARHARHA vocals, even I can tell that, inside the RHARHARHA thing, it's a terrible RHARHARHA.

They even have to put them in the background, because of how bad it is, and, even in the background, it's unbearable.
Quote by Matriani

Eh, Duane's slide solo is the only good thing about that song.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
dire straits money for nothing

the intro is cool but the song itself is horrible
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
I heard a song on the radio that was perfect for this thread but I can't remember anything important about it to find it now... the intro was awesome but when they started singing, which was kinda dull itself, the instrumental parts got boring
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Eh, Duane's slide solo is the only good thing about that song.

I'm not saying that the slide solo is bad, it's just I think that it kinda kills the vibe of the song as it starts off with a real kick and then kinda fades away. To me it sounds like two different songs that are just mashed together and IMO it doesn't work.

I don't really like G'N'R - November rain but at least with that it starts off soft and builds to a big cresendo at the end (which it needs cause you lose interest after a few minutes but you keep listening just to hear Slash's solo at he end)
Quote by Matriani
I'm not saying that the slide solo is bad, it's just I think that it kinda kills the vibe of the song as it starts off with a real kick and then kinda fades away. To me it sounds like two different songs that are just mashed together and IMO it doesn't work.

Nah, nah I mean the slide solo when the non-boring part of the song's still going, where he goes all up past the end of the fretboard and stuff.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by Guitar0player
Of course it's a matter of taste. The outro is beautiful, Duane Allman does a brilliant job on the slide guitar as well.

I can only think of a coked out Ray Liotta when I hear it.
Quote by EyeNon15
I can only think of a coked out Ray Liotta when I hear it.

Each to his own I guess.
Quote by EyeNon15
It's not a negative thing, it's great

Note to self: Check who is Ray Liotta....
Quote by GuitarGod_92

Limp Bizkit were the last truly great rock and roll band.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Page 1 of 2