So I was wondering, are they basically the same, except the bigsky can hold 3 presets?
I notice the bigsky has 3 extra knobs, value, param 1 and param 2 (I was assuming was used to set the a/b/c presets)

I really love the shimmer reverb on this pedal, I'm considering getting the bigsky if it has more options
Never used a Blue Sky so I can't comment on what it lacks compared to the Big Sky personally, but if you did some digging you'd be able to find out specifically what features it lacks vs the Big Sky. I have used my friends Big Sky a few times and both he and I really like it, I want one for myself someday. The chorale and magneto effects are particularly fun to mess with and sound great. I didn't have enough time with it to get a feel for just how tweakable and expansive its features but I don't think I'd ever get bored with it.

FWIW my friend had the Blue Sky at one point and said he didn't really care for it, so he got rid of it before being gifted the Big Sky. As far as presets go I could be wrong but I think it holds a lot more than 3.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Thank you for your response CL/\SH

Here is a great video on the difference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsOeuN9dRco&t=1m23s
(For what I am looking for on the shimmer setting.) Basically the parameters will let you adjust the pitch of the two different wet voices. Pushing Value will let you cycle between the input/regeneration/input+regeneration.

Also, according to Strymon there are "300 easily accessible presets"
I'm not sure about easy... But wow!

I'm definitely gonna buy this pedal, the $400+ price tag is completely worth it.
Last edited by onethat at Aug 25, 2015,
Awesome hope you like it as much as I did!
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
The preset system with Strymon is very easy to get a hang of. I haven't personally had a BigSky, but I had the Timeline and Mobius for quite a while and the controls on it in general are really intuitive, even though the pedals are quite complex in the sense that you get a lot of options.