With a Martin 00015. Droooooooooool! I absolutely positively LOVED this guitar... never played one before. Everything about it was awesome. The mahogany, the action, the weight, the feel, the sound. It was $1,300... I picked up maybe 4 or 5 other guitars priced much higher (including other Martins) and they couldn't hold a candle to this guitar IMO. Definitely on my must buy list.

I always head straight to the extra humidified acoustic room when I go to this store... that's where all the good shit is. Played a used Kona there one time too that I absolutely loved. $2,400. Mrrrrrr.

One other guitar I loved at a store I played a long time ago... a chromed out Fender Resonator. It was only $450.... I should have bought it but I wound up buying an Epiphone Jumbo instead that day in the same price range. I still love the Epi but that Fender was so unique. Crystal clear projection... way better than the other resonators.

Do you guys find that it is the individual guitar, not the actual model? Years later I played the same model Fender Resonator and it felt like crap. Same thing happened to me with a Jazz Master electric on time. Just killing time I was playing all kinds of guitars I would never usually play... this time it was the Jazz Master, and I loved it! Went back a few months later to buy one, they had a different one on the wall and it felt like a brick. Blah. I wish I was loaded so I could just pick up these guys on the spot when I play them... they might not be there next time, even if it is the same exact model. I always leave the store sad lol.

Also played a 1930's Gibson last trip in. The guitar was beat to hell and sounded like complete crap but it was pretty cool to play a guitar that was almost 100 years old.

Anyway, thank for listening to me babble... first time posting in the forum.
Last edited by cmvideo at Aug 24, 2015,
Buy it! You may never come across one like it again, even if it is the same model.

I call these guitars "freaks" (in a nice way) and that is how I found my Martin D41 and bought it right away, even though from the factory it needed a neck reset. I just could not pass up on the tone.

I have now owned it for 23 years and just today got it back from the repairer in Australia - I am in Finland, but lived most my life on Oz.

The repairs included a neck reset (finally!) - I had gotten by all these years with a very low saddle and a hack to the bridge pin slots to give the strings enough break.

Also had the fingerboard re-surfaced and re-radiused, a refret (stainless steel - last forever!) and a reglue of all the bindings, which were ALL coming loose (they all had problems from 1975 to 1995). Also a popped back brace was fixed. The neck was refinished as it had become "gummy".
Dammit! I know!!! I just got back from Vegas and have no money tho :-( I should just throw it on the credit card lol.

My friend told me the same thing.... buy the guitar. It's my destiny he said lol. That cracked me up.
Quote by cmvideo

My friend told me the same thing.... buy the guitar. It's my destiny he said lol. That cracked me up.

He was telling you the truth. Just lubricate that credit card, you will live
I'm also a fan of the 000-15, the 00-15 is also pretty good if you ever come across one. I think that some makes of acoustic flattop, eg Martin, do vary a lot in sound between individual guitars, but in resos and electrics, our perceptions might have a lot to do with set up
Quote by cmvideo
Dammit! I know!!! I just got back from Vegas and have no money tho :-( I should just throw it on the credit card lol.
Either that, or you should do your guitar shopping before you go to Las Vegas.

As I understand it, people that come back from Las Vegas WITH money, are few and far between.

Quote by cmvideo
"Destiny", sounds like the name of a Las Vegas hooker. Is she where all your money went? (I crack myself up).

In any case, finding love is certainly a divine milestone in anyone's life. However, having love happen at Guitar Center, makes it sound so cheap & Tawdry. You probably hadn't gotten over Destiny yet, when the Martin caught your eye on the rebound.
Quote by Captaincranky
Either that, or you should do your guitar shopping before you go to Las Vegas.

As I understand it, people that come back from Las Vegas WITH money, are few and far between.

"Destiny", sounds like the name of a Las Vegas hooker. Is she where all your money went? (I crack myself up).

In any case, finding love is certainly a divine milestone in anyone's life. However, having love happen at Guitar Center, makes it sound so cheap & Tawdry. You probably hadn't gotten over Destiny yet, when the Martin caught your eye on the rebound.

LOL yes. I'm all about cheap and tawdry. (Tawdry also sounds like the name of a Vegas stripper). There was nothing tawdry about this martin though.

My problem is I gotta stop playing these guitars when I only go in to buy strings lol.
A lot of these instances of "this one sounds soooo good" can be due to the strings. They might work just very well for THAT guitar so I would keep in mind to buy the same string type, brand and gauge for that guitar in it's future. That 9is, if you buy the thing.