AKA situation comedies.

Discuss them. Some stuff to get you started:
  • How do you feel about sitcoms in general?
  • How often do you watch them?
  • Which do you like most?
  • Which do you like least?

I've watched plenty of them in full even though I don't like them. I watch them because they are easy to watch if you just want to relax and not think about too much. Sometimes I just want some light entertainment that will get a chuckle out of me once every episode/every other episode. I think they're generally corny and most of the script has more misses than hits (e.g. How I Met Your Mother, New Girl, That '70s Show, George Lopez). Some, however, are generally well done and genuinely funny (e.g. It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Trailer Park Boys, Arrested Development, The Office (US)... I could go on for ages about this, but yeah, talk about sitcoms and shit.
Arrested development was the only sitcom I genuinely went out of my way to watch.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
only pre-millenial sitcoms I like are Seinfeld. And that's it pretty much.

newer "non-sitcoms" is community and

comed is daed

rip
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Also I used to play the Office theme on the accordion
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

oh man that reminds me of Hogan's Heroes, and even M*A*S*H. not traditional in the sense that it's not a family, but you have the trope characters, no real focus or direction, etc.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Do Red Dwarf and the last two seasons of Blackadder count?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
the first episode of sanford & son is incredibly somber

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
I like sitcoms. I feel the same way about them as well. I could sit through an entire episode of sitcom paying full attention just to get the jokes, but if you ask me to sit through an episode of drama, even a dramedy, it would take a lot.

I liked the first season of Heroes because of its interesting premise, but even getting through it was difficult.

I watch reruns of sitcoms whenever I'm having a meal. It's almost like a habit now. I also have them on background if I'm playing a more grindy game like WoW or some other RPGs.

My favourite would probably have to be Friends. It's a little before my time, but the characters are likeable.

This is probably just my bias speaking, but my least favourite would have to be It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It's a little too realistic in that the actors always speak over each other, and I was very turned off by an episode with poop humour.
The Looney Toons Show was basically a funnier, animated Seinfeld.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Fawlty Towers is the best thing ever
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Parks and Rec is probably the greatest of all time.

How I Met Your Mother was fun and quirky for the first couple of seasons, then it got stale.

And I now only watch Big Bang Theory (Aka 20 minutes of canned laughter) just to keep up with the storylines....it lost it's appeal long ago.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Community is another show which started out great, and should have ended at the end of season 4...now they're considering doing a seventh season *groans*
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by korinaflyingv
Oh god. Community was always a bit cringey but was worth it. But yeah everything post season 4 I've seen was so terrible. I've been told to stick with it as it gets better but I am skeptical.

Keep at it, there are a couple of amusing moments in season 6, but it's just trying too hard now. The first two seasons were a great goofy show, but bringing Dan Harmon back didn't necessarily fix all the problems
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Stopped watching Community after Harmon left. I know he came back but then like half the cast was gone so what's the point. Those first 3 seasons tho <3
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Stopped watching Community after Harmon left. I know he came back but then like half the cast was gone so what's the point. Those first 3 seasons tho <3

Yeah, that's what I mean by trying too hard, they tried too hard to replace the characters and their stereotypes with carbon copies after they left, it just became stupid. There is another paintball episode tho, which ain't too bad
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by chrismendiola
  • How do you feel about sitcoms in general?
  • How often do you watch them?
  • Which do you like most?
  • Which do you like least?

1. meh
2. almost never
3. The young ones
4. Anything Chuck Lorre craps out
Quote by DardySon
3. The young ones
4. Anything Chuck Lorre craps out

A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by chev311e at #33566273
Make a thread about sitcoms and don't bring up Seinfeld aka shit thread

"How has [media] not been mentioned in this thread?" AKA predictable and shit post. :ssst:
I hate sitcoms that have the 2 must have characters.

1) the unbelievably stupid character, never understands anything and takes everything literal

2) the unbelievable slut, character that only talks about getting laid

Except for Golden Girls I liked that show even though it had both these