I have 2 kit guitars that I am in the process of painting/building. I know with spray cans you need 2/3 coats of primer 4+ of base coat paint and 6+ of clear coat. I had been using spray cans, but I ended up with 2 cans of paint that just spurted no matter how much or often I shook the s*** out of them therefore ruining the paint job. I sanded it back to the bare wood and if not before plan on getting an airbrush this weekend. From my understanding the paint needs to be thinned out with something like paintbrush medium so it doesn't clog the gun. Does the same hold true for the number of coats for primer/paint/clear coat as if I was using spray cans?
You can get airbrush paint that is pre-prepped.

As for using paint and thinning it yourself, I've seen people use everything from water to Future floor polish.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
Quote by the chemist
You can get airbrush paint that is pre-prepped.

As for using paint and thinning it yourself, I've seen people use everything from water to Future floor polish.

I am more concerned on the number of coats needed then thinning it. I have things around here that I can use as practice projects untill I get the mix right. Airbrush and airbrush paints are not readily available in my area I have 2 places within 50 miles that have airbrushes and supplies and it not much of a selection. One place is a craft store Michael's which is where I bought artist paint to thin out.