Page 1 of 2
It is sometimes said that we should enjoy the little things in life. So, do you? And what are some of the little things you enjoy?

And is it even possible to enjoy something that isn't a little thing? Have you ever enjoyed a "big" thing? If so, what was that thing? Are you sure you didn't just enjoy an aspect of the thing, therefore leaving you to enjoy a little thing as part of a big thing?

So many questions, so little time.
Quote by Pastafarian96
I enjoy spoons, not collecting them or anything, I just like spoons

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by ultimate-slash
It is sometimes said that we should enjoy the little things in life. So, do you? And what are some of the little things you enjoy?

And is it even possible to enjoy something that isn't a little thing? Have you ever enjoyed a "big" thing? If so, what was that thing? Are you sure you didn't just enjoy an aspect of the thing, therefore leaving you to enjoy a little thing as part of a big thing?

So many questions, so little time.

Well, I shagged a kinda big lass once, and I enjoyed it. Sounded like she did, too.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I enjoy tearing open the cardboard tab on a packet from Amazon

I also enjoy the 10 or so seconds of silence and intense eye contact before you kiss someone for the first time
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Aug 25, 2015,
I greatly enjoy pooping
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by ElMaco
I greatly enjoy pooping

This.

Especially pooping after a night out drinking, or the "After grog bog" as we call it in 'Straya
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
kissing someone for first time and pooping sound like big things tbh

I like pretending I'm on a motorbike when I'm cycling
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by steve_muse
kissing someone for first time and pooping sound like big things tbh

I like pretending I'm on a motorbike when I'm cycling

Driving at night while it's snowing. Put the lights on full beam, say out loud "punch it, Chewie!" and accelerate.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Haircuts and scented candles
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Haircuts and scented candles

Haircuts suck, they're so boring and they make me itchy and the hair cutting person keeps trying to talk to me
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica at #33566720
Haircuts suck, they're so boring and they make me itchy and the hair cutting person keeps trying to talk to me

not to mention it's like $20 to cut off like an inch of hair and trim the back of my neck, which needs to be trimmed again in like 2 weeks....fuck haircuts.

this is why I need a girlfriend.
figuratively little things:
walks
rain
chilling
taking a shit
coffee
various qt related phenomena
the smell of burning wood
fire

literally little things:
matches
small fires

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Real talk,

A hot shower after a long day
Those rare moments when you look in the mirror and think "Gosh darn, I look decent today"
Hot soup on a cold day
That goofy smile when you go on a date with someone you really like
Letting out that fart you were holding in for the entire date
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
not to mention it's like $20 to cut off like an inch of hair and trim the back of my neck, which needs to be trimmed again in like 2 weeks....fuck haircuts.

this is why I need a girlfriend.

I get my mum to do it #yolo and still one of the prettiest people in The Pit
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I get my mum to do it #yolo and still one of the prettiest people in The Pit

The adults moved out of their mums house and had to get other people to do it for them......I tried cutting my own hair once and it didn't go well....what's worse is that that the day after I cut it I had to get my photo taken for my passport.....
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Sometimes it can be great to just listen to some good music when walking somewhere

Also getting in to a warm bed on a cold night. Or getting in to bed when you're tired as **** and it feels incredibly cosy and comfy even if your bed is not particularly comfortable.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by i_lovemetallica
The adults moved out of their mums house and had to get other people to do it for them......I tried cutting my own hair once and it didn't go well....what's worse is that that the day after I cut it I had to get my photo taken for my passport.....

Only times I've ever cut my own hair, it's been a straight clippers job. I looked like a convict, but I was going for short, and **** it. A decent haircut on me is like whipped cream on a turd anyway.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
A decent haircut on me is like whipped cream on a turd anyway.

Preaching to the choir.....when I get my hair cut, it looks horrible for about 3 days, then it's in its prime for another three, when I can style it and have it look good, then after that period it's back to looking like "Up next on "To Catch A Predator"" style
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
My daily ritual of blasting some Zappa or King Crimson on my drive home as the sun rises.
^ bro
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Those rare moments when you look in the mirror and think "Gosh darn, I look decent today"

I have those occasionally

They're ****ing better than you think
Quote by Pastafarian96
^ bro

I have those occasionally

They're ****ing better than you think

m8, don't even get me started.....most days I drag myself out of bed and get ready for work and think I look like a sack of crap, but some days, I dunno, things just line up perfectly, and I'll be adjusting my tie and jacket in the mirror and think "Man, I actually look alright today"
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
m8, don't even get me started.....most days I drag myself out of bed and get ready for work and think I look like a sack of crap, but some days, I dunno, things just line up perfectly, and I'll be adjusting my tie and jacket in the mirror and think "Man, I actually look alright today"

normally I'm just "ugh, I look like a bloody creep" but then sometimes "look out world, here comes a little bit of sex appeal."
Quote by Pastafarian96
normally I'm just "ugh, I look like a bloody creep" but then sometimes "look out world, here comes a little bit of sex appeal."

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
jfc

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Well, I shagged a kinda big lass once, and I enjoyed it. Sounded like she did, too.

So you just shagged an average Scottish lass?
Quote by Pastafarian96
this is my new favourite thing

You should print it out and put it next to your bathroom mirror for inspiration
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by DardySon
So you just shagged an average Scottish lass?

Nah, she wasn't eating a fish supper at the same time.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Pastafarian96
that's tempting, but I think looking at it daily will do the trick

It's an Oatmeal comic, just in case you didn't see...plenty more inspiration there
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by ultimate-slash

Is it possible to enjoy little things? I think people just enjoy and they attribute it to things in order to perpetuate the materialist culture we live in..
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Aug 25, 2015,
Quote by korinaflyingv
Is it possible to enjoy little things? I think people just enjoy and they attribute it to things in order to perpetuate the materialist culture we live in..

No, I'm pretty sure I also enjoy specific things. I enjoy life as a whole, yes, but specific things definitely stand out. I know that from the fact that they stand out to me
Also not sure how this perpetuates materialist culture (what if I enjoy the sound of rain for example), and even if it is, how it would be inherently undesirable, 'it' in this context being the enjoyment of specific things, not materialism.

You could argue that any one of the specific things is not in itself important or irreplaceable (I would agree), but that does not negate the fact that those specific things do in fact seem to stand out.

My point was more that if you take something like love (which I think would be considered quite "big" by most), I don't imagine many people go about enjoying the overall concept of what love is. Instead you enjoy the moment when you hold hands with someone or look at them lying in bed or whatever, which brings you closer to the "little things". Hence my question what the "big things" are.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Aug 25, 2015,
Quote by ultimate-slash
No, I'm pretty sure I also enjoy specific things. I enjoy life as a whole, yes, but specific things definitely stand out. I know that from the fact that they stand out to me
Also not sure how this perpetuates materialist culture (what if I enjoy the sound of rain for example), and even if it is, how it would be inherently undesirable, 'it' in this context being the enjoyment of specific things, not materialism.

You could argue that any one of the specific things is not in itself important or irreplaceable (I would agree), but that does not negate the fact that those specific things do in fact seem to stand out.

My point was more that if you take something like love (which I think would be considered quite "big" by most), I don't imagine many people go about enjoying the overall concept of what love is. Instead you enjoy the moment when you hold hands with someone or look at them lying in bed or whatever, which brings you closer to the "little things". Hence my question what the "big things" are.

My view is that enjoyment comes purely from within and we as a species trap ourselves by needing an excuse to enjoy life. People who are 'less materialistic' enjoy rain rather than being rich as **** but it's still just an excuse not to enjoy life itself. By saying 'I enjoy rain' you are putting your enjoyment of life onto external things when really it's letting ourselves enjoy the bliss of existence that we enjoy, not the stimulus. I'm aware I'm probably spouting a load of shit here but I might agree with what I'm saying, it's not something I've thought about before from this perspective.

But yeah what I'm saying is in the same way you can break down your enjoyment of 'big things' into individual 'little things', you can break down your enjoyment of 'little things' into individual instances of letting yourself be at peace or whatever.
"the bliss of existence" wtf
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Page 1 of 2