first off, i just hurt my back, so i don't want to pull the head down tonight. i just moved things around.

this is a VHT (fryette) Six:X.

i turn it on (any of the three channels), and a hum gradually builds to a mild feedback/screech. it was there i shut it off. there was no red-plating i could see. preamp tubes or power amp tubes?

all cables test out good and i am running the guitar right into the front (still does it with the cable unplugged from the amp as well), and nothing in the effects loop.

i should mention that it has sat for maybe a year.

thoughts? i will get back to more information once when the pills kick in or tomorrow.

i *really* don't want it to be poweramp tubes.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Could be the tubes, but it could also be RF interference. Try moving the amp around to see it the hum dissipates.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
Quote by the chemist
Could be the tubes, but it could also be RF interference. Try moving the amp around to see it the hum dissipates.

i doubt the RF interference. i have six amps in the room ATM. all of the others are fine, and they get moved around from time to time. i did remove all other from that outlet and try it though. my rockerverb was on that outlet ten minutes before.

thanks for the response.

i just need to get my back better now... ugh.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
sorry to hear about your back

(No idea about the problem, my checklist for keeping my amps in tip-top condition basically involves making sure to match impedances and then keeping my fingers crossed )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks everyone. Back is sore, but more manageable.

I pencil tested all of the tubes, all were normal. Then I swapped all of the preamp tubes one by one. Still not right. I was thinking filter caps, but i saw an arc between power tubes. Changed the tubes and all is good.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Clean the sockets as well then.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Clean the sockets as well then.

I did it then.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!