Not 100% sure but Goof Off maybe ?
GUITARS:
PRS Custom 24 (Black Slate 10 top w/birds)
ESP E-II Horizon NT-III (RDB)
ESP Eclipse II - Snow White

AMPS:
Mesa Rectoverb combo
According to a quick google search it seems to be "Goo Gone" or "Goo Off" are the only sane choices. Good luck! Also do NOT use soap and water...
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
If you want to scrape it go to a hardware store and get plastic putty knives. These will be less likely to scratch the finish than metal tools.
Use petrol lighter fluid like the type you would use for a zippo lighter.Your nails once the stickers are soaked will do the rest.
I recommend Goo Gone. I have used it for a lot of smaller stickers and duct tape residue removal from mic chords and equipment. It's basically a natural product made mostly from citrus by-products.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Aug 26, 2015,
I used lighter fluid and an old drivers license to get an awful Dean Markley sticker off of a bass. it didn't damage the finish far as I could tell.
Try whatever you're using in a small spot that won't be noticed. Nitrocellulose finishes react badly to a whole range of chemistry, and you definitely don't want to use nail polish remover (toluene) and the like. About the only thing you should consider here is naptha (and possibly GooGone and GoofOff). The cross-linked acrylic/polyurethane and UV-catalyzed polyester finishes will tolerate a much wider range of solvents. My favorite remover was rubber cement thinner, but definitely NOT something you should use on a nitrocellulose lacquer finish.
Quote by samuel-hepfer
Same as the title says, what would be the best way to remove stickers from a guitar?

40 grit sandpaper
A plastic razor blade, they work really great and are made for removing decals from automotive glass & paint without scratching. They are sold at most auto part stores. Then I would use something like Goof Off or Go Gone to remove the residue left behind.
lighter fluid
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Take a blow dryer (like for your hair) and treat the sticker to some hot air. You should be able to peel it off like nothing as long as it´s still hot.
Naptha (lighter fluid, it's called Shellite in Australia) is the go, it's not as volatile as Acetone or Isopropyl and flashes off quick.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
I like all the recommendations coming through... but...

What kind of guitar are we talking about here? What kind of finish does it have on it? What color is the guitar? And, just how long have these stickers been on the guitar?

Why all the questions? Because, well... the color of all guitars (regardless of finish type) does change over time. It's not as drastic with poly finishes, but it still happens. It can be very noticeable when removing stickers that have been on a guitar for a long time, especially more-so with certain lighter colors like white.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Best bet is to hit them with a hair dryer to soften the glue, peel them while still warm, and hit the adhesive with either naptha, mineral spirits, or odorless mineral spirits. Of those 3, odorless mineral spirits is the most mild. If the finish is nitro, pretty much anything else can damage it.
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"